Facing Congenital Lyme

Facing Congenital Lyme

A Story by Author Nicole A. Walker
"

A genuine story about a young mom with chronic lyme. She gives birth to healthy twin boys.

"
Through the nine months of my twin pregnancy, all I did was worry. Worry that my twin boys would be born with Lyme Disease. Or that one would be sick but not the other. Since fraternal twins have separate placentas. I just didn’t know what to expect. All I knew was that I didn’t want my babies to suffer as I do. I got tests done and questioned many doctors. They told me that that Lyme Disease couldn’t be passed in utero and that my boys would be healthy. I felt better than ever being pregnant; aside from the normal symptoms of pregnancy. But I knew how tricky Lyme was and my research said different.I discovered this thing called Congenital Lyme. Where this nasty disease can be passed from a mother with chronic Lyme or untreated infection to unborn fetus. That there was a 50/50 chance that my twin babies could be sick. And it depended upon the strength of my immune system. To keep the Lyme in my body, in remission. Away from my precious blessings.I mean after being misdiagnosed for 3 years, my faith in the health care system is nonexistent. I wouldn’t put my children’s lives in the hands of money hungry health professionals. Two years to date, my twins boys are healthy as can be. No serious illnesses or developmental issues at all. Actually cognitively and physically more advanced than children their age. With no traces of Lyme Disease or Borrelia burgdorferi that I know of. I’ve never had them tested nor have felt any Lyme mommy instincts to do so. So I won’t jinx myself or go digging for a diagnosis. I will continue to watch my healthy, Lyme free twin boys become the miracles they was born to be. As I continue to fight this Lyme and try to find a cure. While raising awareness and inspiring every woman and mother to never give up hope. No matter how bad life may get. Because with support, hope and inspiration anything is possible. Even a cure for Lyme.

© 2015 Author Nicole A. Walker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on November 16, 2015
Last Updated on November 16, 2015
Tags: woman first mother second, self esteem, love, children, lyme, chronic

Author

Author Nicole A. Walker
Author Nicole A. Walker

New York, NY



About
Follow a journey of an woman determined to beat the odds. A mother of four under eight,battling Lyme Disease. See her struggle, fight and will to succeed as she pours her heart into being a mom, wri.. more..

Writing