Being Bi racial in America

Being Bi racial in America

A Story by Author Nicole A. Walker

In racist America, it really is hard being bi-racial or to belong to two different cultures. Especially when you are born and raised in Long Island, New York. I always felt like I had to choose “a side”;  yet neither sides seem to accept me for who I was. I was too mixed to be accepted by the Caucasians and too fair skinned to be even considered African American. Yet my father was darker in complexion than most African Americans. He was born and raised in the South. It was my African American culture that gave me my beautiful hair, southern cuisine cooking skills and taught me the importance of being a lady. My mother is Italian with roots in Sicily. From my Italian heritage I get my beautiful complexion, Italian cuisine cooking skills and strong independent attitude. Being bi-racial has made me such a strong, multitalented woman. My Italian and African American heritage has made me the superwoman I am today. I wouldn’t be who I am if I wasn’t a biracial woman.


© 2016 Author Nicole A. Walker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on January 8, 2016
Last Updated on January 8, 2016

Author

Author Nicole A. Walker
Author Nicole A. Walker

New York, NY



About
Follow a journey of an woman determined to beat the odds. A mother of four under eight,battling Lyme Disease. See her struggle, fight and will to succeed as she pours her heart into being a mom, wri.. more..

Writing