Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Nicole Chan

Everyday she ordered the same cup of coffee at the same cafe and sat on the same chair either with a book, notebook and pen, or a laptop by the table. Although she was new around here, her frequency at the cafe made her seem...like she belonged here, as if she had lived here her entire life.
Today she is reading a book as she sips from her cup. 
Today also happened to be a busy day at the cafe, one of the few days in the year that it was full. I looked around in search for a place to sit and happen to see the only place left was the one by her table, a chair across her. It was a one in a million event, a chance, a twist of fate. I gulped and with every bit of courage I had, I used it to walked towards her to ask if the seat was taken. 
She smiled, a gesture of hospitality, and shook her head no. I sat down and waited for the time to pass. 
That was it. No spoken words. She left just before noon and I left a couple of minutes afterwards. I sighed. The only lucky thing about today was seeing her name on the cover of the book.


© 2017 Nicole Chan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 23, 2017
Last Updated on March 23, 2017


Author

Nicole Chan
Nicole Chan

Paranaque, NCR, Philippines



About
Violinist Book Lover Accountant Writer more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Nicole Chan