And Once Again, A Broken Heart

And Once Again, A Broken Heart

A Poem by Nikki
"

Everyone desires to have someone to love, and to have that love returned to them without reservation, regardless of who you are. When conditions are put on that love, it can break your heart.

"

The tears won't stop now,  flooding across this open wound,

filling my snorkel with water, drowning me, this vise compressing my chest, as the rest of my body goes limp, wanting for death to end the torment which besieges me, to end the lies of love that one too many tongues have thrashed me with to leave a gaping, narled wound upon this failing heart.


I tremble with despair, utter torrential sadness overwhelmes me, for my gentle, kindred soul, my loving spirit has once too often been used to toil with my emotions, cast a smile about my face, then skin it from me alive, while I remain shackled unto the table, the pendulum drawing nearer with each swing, it's blood stained razors edge ripping through the threads, terrorizing me as I cry out in mortal anguish, frantically attempting to free myself from these bindings which have burned into my wrists.


Trust, an emotion of tender misgiving, is but a corrupt emotion to me now, for in it, there are but a few sacred beings who fill that empty void enough to cleanse the grit which has scraped my flesh to the bone, and heal scars which blemish my thoughts with distasteful condemnation.


My only desire, to have someone to love, and be loved in return....


And Once Again.............


A Broken Heart..............




© Nichole Letitia Byrom

4 March 1998

© 2017 Nikki


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved this, keep writing!

Posted 6 Years Ago


The intro.. I could already feel my chest tighten..a relatable read to many no doubt...excellent work :) x

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautifully written, truly. I loved the first person perspective. It created more emotion, and made it easier to relate to it.
I'll be on the look out for more work from you, for sure.

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

232 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 12, 2017
Last Updated on May 12, 2017
Tags: broken heart, heart, love, tears, anguish, trust

Author

Nikki
Nikki

AL



About
I may be an unusual writer. You see, I've been transgendered all of my life, and most of my poetry stems from the feelings and emotions I have, being transgendered and not being able to live my life a.. more..

Writing