Random

Random

A Story by Beth Kirkland
"

My brother and my friends inspired me to write this.

"
I remember when I was little and running around like nothing and no one could harm me. I was wrong; people can hurt you in more ways than you think. They can pretend to be your friend but in reality all they want to do is make you suffer. Some people are stronger than you think: They smile even when all they feel like doing is crying. They can be strong in different ways, but I believe the ones that are emotionally strong are actually the strongest.  
Do not do just what your friends want to do, and do not do something because your friends want you to. Because if they were actually your friend would they want to change you? No, your friend would not want to change you; they would love you for you. If your friend does not want to go to college and they try getting you not to go or if they are even try getting you to drop out of school do not allow them to effect your life in a tragic way. The years you waist doing drugs, smoking, drinking, etc. You cannot get back; those were years wasted on someone most likely convincing you to try something and you getting addicted. 
If you try to go to college and you think it is too hard for you, don’t quit; find someone that believes in you to help you. I would help anyone any day with anything they needed help with, no matter what it was. 
Everyone should go to college but some don’t go because they want to go straight to work to make money, they believe it is too hard for them, or they already have a family and they just can’t. Well, think of this, if you or the person you marry does not go to college even a little it will be hard for you or them to find a good job, if you try to raise a family in that you will not be able to give them the life you want them to have because you will be mainly living off the clothes on your back. People can go to college at any time they want to, so do not think it is to late to do anything about it. It does not matter how old you are just go. Do not do what your friends want to do, and do not do something just because your friend wants you to.
If you have a close friend and they get seriously hurt in an accident please do not think your life is over. Your life will continue on and think.. If you died would you want your friend to grieve and think their life is over? Hopefully not, because if they grieve too much they will eventually try to commit suicide. With suicide comes more grieving and more heartbreak. My very own brother suffered with suicide; two of his friends died in a matter of a year. He thought his life was over. The night his first friend died I woke up at midnight, the time he ran away and I heard a train the one that killed him.. Nothing specific woke me up and still today I have no clue what actually woke me up. 
If you’re depressed a lot just remember that people love you. No matter how much you think people hate you. You belong here; if you didn’t would you actually be here? You have a point of belonging on this planet. 

© 2013 Beth Kirkland


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on August 29, 2013
Last Updated on August 30, 2013

Author

Beth Kirkland
Beth Kirkland

AR



About
I write stories for fun, I write about what I like and sometimes what I feel. more..

Writing
"Lights" "Lights"

A Story by Beth Kirkland


Hurt Hurt

A Story by Beth Kirkland