Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Book of Naga

He missed her, it was the truth. He would sacrifice this young one, if that is what it took, just to have her back. What good would immortality do if he didn't have her? Justeaze Lizrich von Einzbern, his only love, would never return. Only these clones known as a 'homunculus' would mimic her beauty, of pearly white hair, and strikingly gorgeous eyes. The current model was Illyasviel, and frankly she didn't have much time to live. Yet somehow, she did have some resemblance of Justeaze, and that is why he would use Sakura as the vessel. She would be the one wearing ceremonial dress of heaven. And maybe, somehow, Justeaze would come back upon Zouken's wish, that was his plan. Everyone thought he just wanted to live forever, and for a while, he was under that illusion, too. But now it's been it's clear the quite clear to him that the old, wrinkly man simply wanted to live his life out alongside Justeaze. To whatever might come, the tainted artifact would be back, and the Holy Grail Wars would begin; but the Matou Magi Family would be prepared. Let the servants rise...
~
"Sakura, catch~!" A small little palm passed the worn down baseball to another little figure. Most older siblings hated to have a younger one in their family. It usually meant envy of their little sister, but for Rin, it meant life only got better. Being the oldest was a chore in the Touhsaka family, it meant she'd have to become the next head of the family. Sakura would be their for her always, forever...
Or so she'd thought. It wasn't long until their father, Tokiomi Touhsaka, owed a debt to the Matou family. Then Sakura was gone, in a snap of a finger. Rin panicked for a few days, at school and at home. Who would be her consolation, who'd smile happily at her? No one, besides her mother and possibly Uncle Kariya. Kariya was part of the Matou family, to be blunt. But he betrayed them, if you want to put it that way, but more like he left House Matou. That was mainly because he was in love with Mother Touhsaka, and always would be, even if Aoi was now married. He'd promised to look after his beloved's kids in case of an emergency. Rin soon began to loose hope, knowing she might as well forget Sakura. But Kariya did keep to his promise.
It was a summer day when Kariya met with Aoi at the park. He asked where Sakura was at that day, expecting to hear she was simply at a friend's house. But when He asked the little Touhsaka heir, her words seared his heart. "Sakura's not living here anymore..." Her eyes drooped in melancholic expression. Like she was his own, Kariya immidiately rushed up to Mrs Touhsaka, ready to make things better. Then he heard the story, Sakura had been given to his family, by the word of Tokiomi. Aoi was clearly distraught, and tried her best not to show it. But Kariya could tell his old love was saddened by these actions. And so her entered the fourth holy grail war, in hopes of bringing back Sakura.
But it didn't come along well. Kariya became unstable with his feelings for Aoi, and his anger for Tokiomi. Eventually, things got even worse, with Kariya got framed for Tokiomi's murder in the War. But then again, could it really be considered a murder when this Holy Grail Competition was a death match? It was pretty much like pigs racing a marathon to attain the award of not being butchered. One wish wasn't worth the bloodshed and mental scars that come.
All Rin knew was that any chance of Sakura coming back, was futile. She didn't dream of it anymore, she just cherishes those moments she had with her little sister. The only time she saw him was at school, where she'd hang around Shirou Emiya. Something was familiar in that name, something she could never pinpoint, as if someone shared that same surname from the last Holy Grail War. Whatever it was, Rin herself was going to participate in the Holy Grail War. The worst part was everyone expected her to fight against her own sister, who ten to one was going to be representing the Matou family, as a participant and master of one of the servants. Each Servant summoned was a heroic figure in history, famous or not. A more powerful spirits that were summoned, meant more chance of you winning. Honestly, it usually wasn't a fun job for them to go off on a Magi killing spree, either. The ones with noble intentions definately weren't into this whole 'deathmatch'. However, this was the best system you'd get, unless you wanted chaos going around town.
All Rin knew for certain, as uncertain as things always were, she was going to win, and she was going to bring back Sakura. She'd do it her own stubborn way, as long as no innocents were killed. She would do the job Kariya failed to do, no; the job he started. Rin would give it her all, not knowing herself she would need to fight Sakura, and little did Sakura know herself to be a candidate for the sacrificial lamb, or the Holy Grail's Vessel in other words.
However, Shirou Emiya definitely wouldn't allowed this to happen to her...


© 2012 Book of Naga


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I don't own anything!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
1 Review
Added on October 29, 2012
Last Updated on October 29, 2012