Chapter Oner

Chapter Oner

A Chapter by Nolo Segundo

What does it mean to believe in God, to have a faith, to seek the Divine? Is religion the same as faith? Is there only one right or correct religion, meaning all the others are false? Can God be proven to exist? Is atheism based on reason or is it just another form of belief, itself a religion of sorts?
Are we humans just clever animals, no different in terms of biological life than an earthworm? Are we born into consciousness ans self-awareness only to be destined to die and become extinct, like every other species? Is our endless quest for meaning futile? Does it matter who we are and how we live and what we do with out lives?
Or do we-- our personalities, our minds, our selves,continue to exist after the body dies, and have existed before we are born in our bodies-- have actually always existed, and are eternal, without beginning or end? And if we have endless being, does that mean everything we do, everything we think and feel, everything we are, matters? 
And if that is so, then is there an ultimate justice, a force that addresses the right and wrong each of us does in a lifetime, a law of karma that may be as present throughout the Universe as is the law of gravity? Are good and evil real and existing as competing forces in each of us?


© 2019 Nolo Segundo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

7 Views
Added on August 20, 2019
Last Updated on August 22, 2019


Author

Nolo Segundo
Nolo Segundo

Philadelphia, PA



About
From adolescence until I was 24, I was an agnostic. Then I almost drowned, and had what has come to be called a near death experience. So for the past 45 years I've known that the problem with life i.. more..

Writing
LUDIC LUDIC

A Poem by Nolo Segundo