The Name Times

The Name Times

A Story by Butterfly Novela
"

A girl with no identify A man with no hope A story of true love which is no fairytale This is where it all began.

"
In a cold Monday morning the beautiful fair skinned, green eyed, small nose, brunette  Ally(Alison Times) aged 18 is making breakfast for her parents, mom(Marissa Times), dad(Mark Times). They are still in bed arguing about something Ally cannot make out what it is, she decides to knock and surprise the with breakfast in bed because she wants to ask them if she could go to a party later that day which will be out at 23:00. Ally knocked and entered the room, she surprised them and they were both smiling and thanked her. Ally handed them the tray and they started eating, she didn't know whether they'll let her but she was about to find out, she asked both her parents if she could go and they agreed but told her not to do anything she doesn't usually do. She screamed with excitement, hugged and thanked them and promised to behave. She left their room to go call her friends as she was going to the bathroom she heard her mom cry, she walked walked towards their room she saw her dad packing, she stood at the door and asked what was going on, her dad told her they had to leave when she is back from the party because they were no longer safe in that house. Ally didn't understand and her mom promised to tell her everything when she's back, Marissa felt she was old enough to understand the secrets they have been keeping all these years. Mark told her to go and get ready, he was going to drop her off at her friends house. Ally was now dressed and asked Mark to first drop her in town she needed to buy a few things, she kissed and said goodbye to her mom told her she loved her and they left. When they arrived in Town, Mark asked to wait for her but she refused and told him Scott and others will pick her up, she kissed him and told him she loved him, Mark told her he loved her too and that he'll make sure that they are safe, Ally got out of the car and walked into the Mall. Mark left to go help Marissa pack. Ally went to pick a present for her friend and went to buy herself a drink as she was going out her phone rang and she looked for it in her bag as she was taking it out she bumped into some guy and split half of her drink unto him, she apologized for being clumsy and was wiping the guy's shirt, he quickly squeezed a few drops of blue liquid in her drink and told her he was fine, she left before she could drink the cool drink she was stopped by people selling perfumes who wanted her to try out a few samples and she accompanied them to their shop, she tested a few and bought two for herself and her mother. She bumped into the same guy and asked if he was OK, he replied "yes, I'm more then OK" smiling from ear to ear he thought she drank the cool drink which she forgot at the shop she bought the perfumes, she walked out and her friends were waiting for her outside, they left for the party.

At the house Marissa and Mark were still arguing, she felt it was time they told Ally the truth but Mark felt it wasn't the right time, the only thing they needed to do is leave before Jerald arrived. They continued packing everything they will need. All and her friends arrived at the party, they looked for the birthday girl and handed her the presents, she was happy Ally showed up because they all thought her parents wouldn't agree. Snacks were served and they all gathered in the lounge while others were dancing, they sat down. They were a group of six friends, three boys and three girls, Samuel, Brandon, Scott, Samantha, Bree, and Ally. They were all in the same High School in the same grade and had just graduated from High School. Scott and Ally were the first in the group to become friends since they lived in the same Suburban area and were neighbors, they have been friends since the age 8 when Ally and her parents moved there. She then befriended Sammy and Bree in school and the boys hence the were Scott's friends. They were inseparable, they did everything together and people thought they were dating but they were just really good friends. They had planned to go study in the same City but in different Universities /Colleges, they applied in pairs, Ally and Scott, Bree and Brandon, Sammy and Sam. They were accepted in the Colleges of their dreams and were very much excited about leaving, they wanted to have fun for the last time in their home Town and the Party was the beginning not knowing that they might never see Ally again not her parents.

They were having lots of fun Ally realized that it was late and the time she promised to be back by had passed, she was surprised by the fact that her Dad has not called to shout or tell her he's coming to pick her up, though that was very strange she thought she should just enjoy the little freedom they had given her. The time was now 01:30 she told Scott she wanted to go home but he was too drunk to drive so Brandon was gonna drive them, she said goodbye to her friends with that beautiful smile of hers and threw kisses in the air before getting inside the car, they first dropped Scott and then her, she said thank you to Brandon kissed him on the cheek and ran to her door turned and waves goodbye, Brandon took off. She got inside the lights were off she figured her parents fell asleep on the couch because the
Television was on, she took a few steps towards the Lounge and saw a broken lamp glass, she called out for her dad but there was no reply, she went to the kitchen where she found her mom laying face down and Marissa's blood was covering the Cream Italian tiles on floor, she started panicking and screaming for help, she went to her mom rolled her over, she was already dead, Ally sat there and rocked her dead mother who was in her arms, she was covered in blood and she didn't care, she just wanted her mother to open her eyes, she was begging her to come back and telling her she couldn't leave her like that and it was too early to die, she was asking her how will she live without her then the thought of her father hit her, she placed her mom on the floor and ran to the main bedroom but Mark wasn't there, she ran to the study but the door was locked, she kicked it repeatedly screaming for her father, she looked for a spare key on top of the door and opened up. The room was dark, she called out for Mark but to the was no reply, she was standing in the dark telling him what she just saw, she told him she needed him, she walked to her dad's desk and switched on the table lamp, she saw his shoe, she went to the side were she saw the shoe and there he was laying hopeless in a pool of blood with 4 bullets, 2 in his head and 2 in his chest, she screamed for the last time and was shivering, she fell down on her knees and crawled to Mark, she whispered "please father don't do this to me, don't leave me too, I can't live without, I just won't survive, please Mark wake up, wake up", she begged him to say something, anything but nothing, though she knew he was dead, a part of her hoped he'd say something.

Her life was turned up side down in a matter of hours, she was all alone she realized, both her parents were dead. She looked for her cell phone on her pockets but couldn't find it, she looked for the house's phone but it wasn't there and the line was cut, she then looked for the emergency phone on her dad's safe and called the police, she was put on hold but a few minutes later she was attended to, she told the operator what happened and that she was alone in the house and very scared, the operator asked "if the perpetrators were still in the house or not", she replied "I don't know, I didn't check", that is when she heard a man's voice behind saying "you should have checked" he took the phone and threw it on against the wall and pulled her by the hair and dragged her out of the study. Ally was screaming and kicking, "you arrived at a perfect time" he told her, "if you had not arrived when you did I was going to look for you at your friend's party, just imagine the mess I would have made there and it would have been your fault but you're here". Ally was confused she didn't understand what was going on and why, he then said "it took us 12 years to track you down and all this time my dad was patient he knew one day he'll get his revenge and make Marissa and Mark pay", he started beating her profusely, kicking her, swearing at her and telling her how her parents died like cowards so quickly but he'll make sure she feels every bone crack and every drop of blood will determine him stopping or increasing the beatings. For someone who never even played sport or been in a fight Ally was strong, she lost all hope of rescue, she knew that no one could hear her and it'll take time before the police arrived, her screams were getting less, tears were falling down to the sides, every kick felt like she was struck by lighting, every punch sent unpleasant shocks to her muscles, her body was numb, she was covered in both her parent's blood and her own.

He then picked her up and went outside to her parent's car, he threw her in the boot and drove. Ally was swollen she couldn't see properly but she felt trapped and also felt movement, she figured she was in a car but why was it dark? She stretched her legs that's when she realized she was in a boot of car, she was afraid of suffocating but the pain she was feeling didn't allow her to worry about such small issues. She had a huge problem a man just beat her into a pulp and now he's taking her away, she wanted to know where they were going but felt it didn't matter her life is over anyway, she felt she was ready to face her fate, to accept her fate because she was helpless after all. The car suddenly stopped and the man came rushing to the boot opened it and dragged her out, he showed her the water, that's when she realized they were in the Lake, he told her that this was her end, he knew she couldn't swim that's why he chose to bring her there, where her death will be long and painful. He took out a syringe and gave her a shot on the neck and pushed her into the Lake, as she was falling from the bridge she wasn't scared, she actually preferred to be dead than to be alive and at that moment she closed her eyes. He waited a few minutes before leaving, he threw the syringe in the water and left. As he was driving back to return the car police had surrounded the area, he took a different turn and went to dispose the car, making sure that the was no sign of Ally meant they were gonna go along with the plan, they planned to lie low for a while just let things settle before striking, they decided 3 months will be enough they didn't want to be suspected of anything so they were willing to wait once more.

Ally was feeling so cold, she was also in pain, her body numb and was starting to hallucinate, for someone who can't swim she was calm, she wasn't panicking though she felt she was drowning at times but the Lake was too quiet and she passed out, she was floating on top of the water for the whole night and the Lake had taken her to the other side. She was in River band she felt something bite her toe, she woke up in an unknown place nothing was familiar, she tried to stand up but that was a struggle, she then noticed her left arm wasn't working. Ally didn't remember much but she kept on seeing a man and woman laying on a pool of blood in different rooms, she started crying she wasn't sure why but the images of those people cut her deep, she then realized she doesn't remember her name or where she's from and where she's going. She found a way out of the River and saw a road ahead and buildings so she knew she wasn't far from help, she crossed the road she saw a Restaurant and realized she was hungry and thirsty, she started shivering everyone was looking at her like she was some sort of retard or drunkard, the bruises that covered her body brought no justice for her, she felt her knees were about to fail her and she fell but no one tried to help, she couldn't balance she had only one arm working, she finally stood up and was trying to figure where she was heading to, she was confused and was now crying she bumped into a guy and went flying on the ground but luckily she fell on top of him, as if she could handle another fall, he made he's way up and helped Ally up, he was a bit tipsy she noticed but she felt a sudden attachment to him, he asked if he could help, Ally was not speaking she wasn't sure if she could or this guy just made her lose all her words, he was a tall handsome guy, short brown hair, green eyes, perfectly shaped nose and beautiful small lips, he had a beard as she was admiring all he's features she didn't notice he was also looking straight at her, their eyes met and Ally felt a sense of belonging, it was rather strange but right there at that moment she felt safe. "May I be of assistance to you" he asked, still not saying a word she nodded, "is that a yes" he asked again she nodded once more, he then took off his jacket and covered her with it and helped her to his apartment which was a few blocks from where they met, they arrived at his place and it was beautiful and very neat, she wondered why he had been drinking at that time of the day it was 13:00 she saw on the clock on his wall, pretty watch she thought to herself, it was Gold and looked German, she then smiled she remembered she just hasn't said one word to this guy, "he's probably thinking I'm a retard" she whispered to herself . He came back to the living area and told her she could go and take a shower while he's preparing something to eat, he had taken out a tracksuit pant and a hoodie for her, a clean towel and a toothbrush, "was he expecting me" she asked herself, she went to the bathroom after undressing.

When she was done she came out of the room and wanted to let the guy know she was done but remembered she didn't know his name, she walked to the Lounge and sat down, he came back with a sandwich and handed it to her, she started eating but her jaws were just not allowing her to chew properly. He asked who she was, that's when it hit her that she doesn't remember her name or who she is, he told her they should go to the hospital but she refused for some strange reason she felt she needed to hide but he strongly emphasized they should go in the morning just for a check up, she agreed. He introduced himself as Austin McQueen, he was 25 years of age and was Doctor by profession but at that moment he was on a leave he wants to deal with some personal stuff. Ally noticed he was emotionally wrecked, she wanted to ask what was wrong but she felt it was too early to be asking him about his personal things. Ally wasn't sure about being all alone with him in his apartment but strangely she felt safe in his house. Austin tried to open up a bit about what had happened but he was in too much pain, Ally reassured him that everything was going to be fine, they were still sitting in the Living room talking about random stuff when Ally's watch started beeping letting her know it's 22:00,they were amazed at how time flew and she laughed because she thought the watch has stopped working, it had not beeped the whole day. She told Austin she needed to rest she was tired and asked for some pain killers, he told her he'd bring some to her room, she walked towards the spare room and fell before she could enter, he rushed from the bathroom to pick her up. He picked her up and placed her on the bed, she awoke, he immediately told her he wants to take her to the hospital but she told him they should go tomorrow. He came back to give her the medicine and wished her a good night.

In the morning Austin was preparing breakfast, "good morning, you clean up good" said Ally, "Good morning to you too, you're not the only one with good looks, you know", Austin remembered he doesn't know her name but he decided he'll call her "beautiful" as if that's somebody's name. After breakfast they were off to the hospital he's working at and was going to register her as his sister that way no one would ask questions, upon their arrival they met up with Zach Ford who was Austin's good friend and was also a Doctor, he examined Ally and asked if she was being abused since her body was covered with bruises, she assured him she was in accident and also told him she didn't remember much in fact everything is a blur, a few other tests were done, the Doctor told her she has a concussion and that he'll prescribe her some medicine which will help and they left. Austin wanted to share his pain with Ally so he decided to tell her his story and why he so dependent on Alcohol, the story of a tragic airplane accident that claimed many lives including Amber Levine's who was on her way to visit for their final wedding preparations left Austin in a state of loneliness and depression, Ally stood up to console him, she hugged and told him he'll heal, he just needs to take his time and mourn Amber.

The way he was crying pierced Ally's heart, she didn't remember the last time she saw a guy cry, it was a very intense moment between them and very special. Austin was better and they were cooking together in the kitchen, Macaroni and Cheese, it rang a bell but she ignored the thought, she just assumed it was because it was Austin's favorite, they dined and went to bed. A strange dream was disturbing Ally, the was a beautiful house, a woman cooking and a man sitting watching her, she greeted and they smiled and asked how her day was, she couldn't remember who they were but she strongly believed they were people who were very close to her heart. She woke up and was checking what time it was, staring at her watch she remembered it was her mom and dad but their names we still a blur, she went to tell Austin, he was excited and told her she's making progress and that soon she'll remember everything. But even after so many tests and talks with psychiatrists, Ally's past was maybe too painful for her to remember, maybe she was better off not remembering but how can she move on while she doesn't know anything about herself?

A year had passed and nothing had changed but things between Ally and Austin were great, they shared a bond no one could break. This morning Austin was watching the news and Ally was making breakfast, she brought the food and sat next to Austin. The news presenter was reporting on a case that is was to be closed soon because no one could help in the case and that there was no evidence, "The case of the gruesome murder of 2 well known business man and woman, Mark and Marissa Times is about to be closed, the police claim to have been doing everything they can to bring the people who did this to justice but have they? With the daughter of this couple still missing or might also be dead, have they done everything they can?", Ally dropped her cup of hot chocolate, flashbacks of that dreadful night came rushing back, she was crying and screaming, she felt everything she did that night, her memory was back. Austin tried to calm her down but she was in shock, he then gave her pills so she could sleep and for a few hours she was sleeping peacefully. She woke up and Austin was beside her, she then told him everything she remembers about that night and how she found herself on the other side of the Lake. She wanted to go back home but Austin told her it was too soon she should wait a little longer so no one will get suspicious. Her dad had taught her a few tricks, when they would play different "Hero" roles, she remembered those days clearly. She knew what she had to, "a disguise will be perfect " she told Austin, he wasn't sure how all that work but he trusted her and he offered to accompany her. They spent the day trying to figure out how they were going to make sure no one recognizes her, they tried on different outfits they bought and make up, they finally decided which ones would be fine. After that they decided to spend some time together in their favorite couch, over the months they both learned a lot about each other and have fallen deeper in love but they didn't want to complicate things but they finally shared their first kiss and they also made love for the first time, it was special especially for Ally, it was her first time.

In a few days they were to leave, they prepared for their journey, Austin was a bit reluctant to go ahead with their plans, he felt they should involve the Police, "no Police Honey, we can't trust anyone and we cannot jeopardize getting caught" said Ally, "we don't know who my enemy is, remember they tried to kill me, they wouldn't even think twice to get rid of me once they find out I'm alive", Austin understood the situation and all he had to do is let Ally do what she needs to do and he'll be there to support her always. They were leaving Crystal Hills, scared of what might await them in Sweet Valley Ally had to go face her demons, she had find out who killed her parents and tried to kill her too and most importantly why? She knew her reappearance would put both let life and Austin's in danger so the plan was to lie low for a whole and she wanted to make sure her boyfriend will be safe at all times. They agreed Ally will do investigations on her own. Austin would follow her in his car, she would use a Taxi at all times, the plan was really simple, she was to visit her parent's company under a false name and her disguise intact. Ally was a brunette she wore a short blonde wig and did her make up, she got dressed and put on a beautiful red dress, it wasn't too short nor too long, it was perfectly fitted and her figure looked even smaller in that dress. Austin had rented an apartment, he didn't trust they would be safe in a Hotel since it's always easier to find someone in a Hotel an apartment was perfect, it was a 3 bedroom apartment, very beautiful, neat and fully furnished. Ally loved this place it was similar to Austin's place, she was lost in thoughts when she was interrupted by Austin who was asking what he should order in, "my favorite" she replied, the food arrived and they ate. Ally took out a map they bought that indicated the easy route to the 'Times Company' from and to where they stayed. She knew they surroundings of the area where TC was located so Austin was going to wait outside the Marco's Coffee Shop where he would be able to see everyone, those coming in and those coming out. He was to leave first then she will follow in a taxi. Ally was confident the plan would work and knew no one would notice her so easily after all she was never a frequent visitor at the TC, she only went there when there were functions. It was exactly 8 weeks upon their arrival ,Ally wasn't eating as much as she used too she often got sick but never wanted to see a Doctor nor go to the Hospital, Austin had to take care of her. This was the day they have been waiting for, Austin left and Ally followed a few minutes later, arrived at the 'TC' entrance got off and signed in, she asked who was in charge, "Mr Lawson" she replied, Ally remembered him, he was his dad's best friend, she asked which floor he was in, "last floor" she replied, Ally thanked her and to the lift which took her to up, it was the 7th floor, her dad's favorite number.

She greeted the Secretary and asked to see him,"Miss Suzanne Blue" she told the woman, she was called in and went in. He looked a bit old, maybe running the TC was too much for him, she greeted and introduced herself as Ally's aunt, "I didn't realise Marissa had a sister but I see resemblance", she didn't want to stay too long inside so she asked what her "brother in-law" left,she was searching for information not didn't knowing there was anything, he didn't waste time he stood up and went to open the safe and handed her a white envelope written Ally outside. He told her Mark gave him that envelope to give Ally if anything were to happen to them, he just assumed "Suzanne" knew what was inside, she thanked him and stood up , "is she still alive?" he asked,"I don't know, that's what I want to find out "she replied, she then left leaving him with even more questions. She went straight to the bathroom and locked herself in and opened the envelope, she had mixed emotions but she had promised herself not to cry,that wasn't the time to shed tears. The letter was just two lines long, it wouldn't make sense to someone who didn't know what it meant, "The secrets lie in the emerald necklace, that's where you'll find you a way forward".

Ally remembered she had seen an emerald necklace is a Swiss Jewellery Shop and her mom has mentioned they had a Safety deposit box in a Swiss bank but she never spoke about it after that. Her dad once told her that she should always pay attention to what she's told whether someone is joking or not, it might be a direct or indirect message to her, she now understood what he meant. Ally knew where she had to go next, Austin was still in the same spot he was in waiting for her to come out, he has timed her, she was to be inside for fifteen minutes but she came out in ten minutes, he was impressed,he know trusted she knew what she was doing. She called to update him and about her findings and they now had to have a strategy for the next mission, she left in a taxi and he followed a few minutes later. They had to make sure no one would link them to each other, she didn't want to put his life in danger thus she wanted to be seen alone. Austin arrived in their apartment, Ally was waiting for him she wanted to explain the letter and how she knew what it meant. Back when her parents were alive she had seen an Emerald necklace and they promised to buy it for her when she was about to leave for College. Her father had taught her how to read secret codes and how to send them, it would seem like they were playing a game when he used to teach her but he was preparing her for days like these, days were she had to find a way to survive without them, days were she had to make sure she was safe and that no one could harm her, he always told her to read between the lines and to act as fast as she can because she might be dealing with someone whose as good as she is so being a step ahead is always an advantage. Austin was amazed by this he didn't know that Ally would turn out to be so Street smart, he suggested that they lie low for a few days just in case someone saw her. They agreed to go to the bank in four days.

Someone had seen her at the TC but the disguise had him confused, in his eyes the woman he saw was an older version of Ally and he knew she didn't have any elder siblings nor cousins or aunts. Mr Jerald Emerson was recently employed in the Finance Department, he is the one who spotted the woman walking out so he decided to go and investigate, he walked up to Mr Lawson's office knocked and entered, "I just saw the woman who was here, is she Ally Times?" he asked, "no, she is the Aunt, Suzanne Blue" he replied, Jerald was relieved that it wasn't Ally but he remembered Marissa didn't have any siblings so how is it possible that the woman who was here is her sister?. "what did she want?" he continued asking "a letter, it's nothing to worry about I read it after Mark's and Marrisa's death, it takes about a necklace the girl wanted" Lawson replied, "it's an Emerald" he concluded. Jerald asked what would happen if she was to reappear hence she was the majority share holder she was to take over or sell her shares, Jerald didn't like that it didn't sit well with him. After all he went to so much trouble that couldn't happen. His plan was to once more embezzle as much money as he possibly can and disappear. Jerald was Mark's business partner and best friend after five years of their business booming, he embezzled millions from the Company and Mark caught him before he could escape and got him arrested, he felt the Times family owed him a life because they took him away from his own family by putting him in jail and his children grew up without a father and his wife divorced him he vowed to get ever cent back and he didn't mind to kill once more again if anyone stands in his way. Not knowing Mark gave his wife all the money he had invested and earned, he blamed Mark for all his own mistakes and the fact that some of his children didn't get along with him made matters worse. Only one child supported him he's eldest son Brian Emerson, he never liked Ally even when they we young used to visit their home would sit alone and try to make his siblings turn on Ally she never knew why, the hate he had grew stronger when his father was arrested. He is his father's son and he too would do anything to get what he wants hence he didn't mind killing the Time's family for his father.

Four days had passed Ally and Austin were ready for whatever the day brought but Jerald and his men were also ready, he wanted to know who this Suzanne is because he looked her up and it seemed no one by the that name existed. Ally never thought someone would be interested in knowing "Ally's aunt", her plan might be air tight but Jerald was in her tail though he didn't she was not alone. Ally got into a taxi and left, Jerald's men followed and Austin too, he found a Restaurant close to the Bank, he asked for a visible table next to the Window, Ally first went to Window shop for Jewelry, she wanted to make sure no one was following her, she didn't see anyone suspicious. Austin was uneasy about a certain Black SUV that parked opposite the Bank and the guys were looking at Ally's direction. He knew something was wrong, he tried calling but her phone was on silent, she was two blocks away from reaching the Bank, Austin wanted to go to her but didn't want to put her life at risk he decided to wait until she's done inside he'll walk up and warn her. She entered the Bank and was attended by a man, he wasn't old, blue eyes, blond hair, he looked too serious he was in a suit, he greeted and asked what she was looking for, "The Times deposit box" he looked at her once more, she felt he was trying to figure something out but she didn't know whether to identify herself or let him ask, "I have been waiting for you" he finally said "it has been too long, I'm sorry about your parents", Ally was shocked that he knew her under the disguise, he showed her the box, she turned to him and asked "it needs a code?", "your father said you'd know, it's double his favorite number, your mom's and yours, I'm glad you still have the watch, it's what identified you to me, your dad told me I'd recognize you by it" he said and left. Mark's favorite number was 7,her mom's 3 and hers is 9,so the code is "773399".She found a note it was written "Your waterproof time, might need a battery change", she looked at her watch ''but dad said it'll need a battery change after two years". It had been a year since he bought it, now this message was not clear, she found another box and it wanted a code, she tried the one she was given and it didn't work, she went to the man to ask for help but he told her he was given one message and he had already told her. She decided to put the box in her pocket it wasn't too big and she left. Ally stepped out of the bank, Austin rushed to her and told her they were being followed, he told her not to act concerned or suspicious he'll act like he's asking her out. The men in the SUV got out of the car they divided into two groups, two were coming directly to them, the other were coming from behind. Austin grabbed Ally and ran to the car, he drove away, the men followed speeding through the traffic lights. Austin didn't know which direction to take, he turned in the left corner and saw a different SUV approaching them, he drove faster. Three cars were now following them and they were corned in a bridge, a man stepped out in one of the cars and walked towards their car. They decided to get out of the car and stand beside the car but the man told them to go stand in the pave side of the bridge. He pulled out a gun and asked if Ally remembered him, "no" she replied "I'm Jerald" he reminded her "Sir Jerald" she remembered him, "oh you remember, it's been too long, 13 years to be exact", Ally was shocked she wasn't sure what she should make out of all this, she didn't he was out of prison. "When did you get out" she asked "it's been a while" he replied before Ally could ask another question he shouted "enough with the stupid questions, shouldn't you be asking why I got a gun in your face?" he laughed. "Well don't ask, I'll tell all", she was confused but she had a strong feeling that he was behind everything that happened, she had so many questions. He narrated to her how he hated her parents and how he vowed to revenge everything that they did to him. Ally was never told the whole story about what had happened. He asked if she knew where she was standing, "no" she replied "it's the same place you were standing on a year ago, when you lost your parents". The memories of that night came flushing back, her eyes were swollen thus she never saw where exactly she was, she was now shivering. She was standing in front of the man who killed her parents and left her lifeless before she could say anything a shot was fired, she turned to look who was shot because it wasn't her. It was Austin he was standing in front of her, he took a bullet for her, she screamed and called out for him. She supported him with her body, a second shot was fired, she felt weak and she was bleeding her left shoulder had been shot before she could hold on tighter to Austin a last shot was fired and Austin fell down into the river,Ally didn't hesitate she jumped after him.
Sir Jerald and his men ran towards the bridge to look for them but didn't see any trace of them in the water, police arrived at that moment, the area was surrounded and they got arrested, someone had vide taped everything and also the man in the Bank called the police to let them know Ally Times was alive that way she was going to be safe. Thought Ally was injured she was able to get Austin who unconscious, she swam to the nearest Harbor and asked for help, they were rushed to the hospital. The bullet was taken out and she was stitched, she was told that the baby was also fine, this came as a shock because Ally didn't know she was pregnant. The nurse told her she was four months pregnant, she was amazed and couldn't wait to share the good news with Austin though they didn't plan the pregnancy she was excited. She asked if he was fine and asked to see but she was told he was stable but was in a coma, he had suffered a severe head injury. The bullets didn't hurt him, he was shot in the shoulder and back but the bullet missed his spinal cord by a few inches. She badly wanted to share with him the news about the baby, she knew he'd be so happy because he once told her he wanted a baby someday preferably a girl who looked just like her mother, she smiled and approached his bed, he looked a bit pale, she kissed his forehead and told him they made it out alive, she also told him he should wake so he doesn't miss out on waiting for their precious gift. Days became weeks, weeks became months, Austin was still in a coma, Ally was very worried. She was told he would wake up in a couple of weeks but it has been five months but there was still no change, the Doctors were losing hope but Ally told them "he'll wake up when he is ready", the baby was growing strong everyday and her due date was approaching and fast. She would visit him and read to him books and stories but he never responded to anything, Ally is very patient she never gives up easily, she's the type you can always count on to be open minded and she can wait but waiting for him to wake up was frustrating her, not forgetting that the hormones also play their part on her ever changing mood. At times she would lie next to him and cry herself to sleep, at times she would be happy over thee smallest things and at times she would shout and get angry with the nurses and doctors but she was still hopeful. The only thing she wanted so bad was for him to wake up, she was scared to go into labour without him by her side. She went for her regular check ups and she wanted the sex of the baby to be a surprise, she didn't trust herself on telling Austin the gender, well if he woke up before she delivered. The day she wished didn't arrive was here, she was in so much pain that evening, she had just been with Austin who was still nowhere close to waking up, Ally shouted at him that day she was angry, sad, lonely and hormonal, she later apologized and left but she felt a sharp pain in her abdomen before she could get into the lift, she fell down on her knees and was helped by the nurses, her water broke right there and they took her to the labour ward, she was scared and wasn't sure she could do it without Austin. She needed to be calm so the process can be harmless to her and the baby. After three hours the doctors decided to do a C-section because the baby wasn't coming out and they didn't want to put Ally and the baby's life in danger. She woke up and was thirsty and was in pain, a nurse came and helped her to drink a little water, she later came back with the baby, it was a girl she was so beautiful, Ally was emotional she kissed the baby's forehead. She needed a name 'Alissa' came to mind, that was the baby's name.

Three days had passed, she was enjoying the time she spend with baby Lissa, a middle aged woman and man accompanied by a young girl entered her room, both the woman and girl were crying, she didn't understand why. They greeted and asked about Austin, at first she hesitant to answer and the man told her they were informed he left with a girl and no one knew where they were but they received a call telling them they found a girl who fit the description of the girl he left with here in this hospital. Kathy finally asked if she knew anything, she told them everything that happened and they were glad they found him but were devastated to learn that he was actually in a coma, Ally introduced them to baby Lissa, Kathy was shocked and told her the baby looked exactly like Austin when he was a baby, they so happy about that. Kathy was the mother beautiful, had cheek bones of a model, blue eyes and blonde hair. George was the father he was a handsome man for his age, he looked more like Austin brown hair, grey eyes and had a neatly trimmed beard, he looked like Austin when they first met. Amy was the sister cute girl down to earth has a beautiful smile she was a brunette like Ally, blue eyes and cheek bones like her mother. They were sharing stories and telling her about Austin and how he was when he was growing up, Ally felt a sense of belonging with the family and now understood why Austin was such a gentleman, he was raised well.

George loved seeing his wife smiling and laughing at had been a while ever since the death of Amber she had been worried about Austin, who couldn't accept her death, this was a healing process for everyone. They finally left to go see their son, they spoke to him telling him he should wake up so that doesn't miss out on the good things that are happening, they prepared to leave and promised to be back. It had been two weeks Ally was in his room, she was feeding Alissa when she heard him call out, "Ally" she looked up he smiled at her, she started crying she couldn't say anything, she finally asked "do you remember me?", he looked at her with a lot of affection "yes of cause, how could I forget you", she was so excited she even forgot Alissa who was in her arms. The doctor came in to check up on him he was fine, she went to kiss him, he was a bit confused about the baby, she introduced the baby to him, he was crying, he took her in his arms and kissed her, he apologized to Ally for not being there when she needed him and promised to never leave her. He later called his parents to let them know he was now fine and told them what they planning, he was discharged two days later, they planned to move back to his parent's town just until the figure out where they want to stay. His parents were so excited about the move and the fact that they were going to spend more time with the baby and get to know Ally better. They arrived later that day, they were to move in in a house near Austin's home, Ally loved that idea because Kathy would be taking the baby, she loved her grand daughter very much. They were having a family diner at Kathy and George's home when Austin went down on his knees and asked Ally to marry her, Kathy was in tears when he was done with his speech and Ally was also crying, "yes yes" she said, he promised to protect them all and love her forever. Jerald and his men had been arrested but Ally and Austin were cautious about everything they didn't want to put their family at risk especially Alissa.

Ally showed Austin the box she got from the bank and told him she didn't know the code, he picked it up and asked if she knew what was inside, "no honey but I'd like to find out ", Austin read the words under the box it was written 'The waterproof time, is the key to the box', Ally was trying to remember what that could mean, the clock in the house reminded them it was 20:00, she looked at her watch and the words kept repeating in her mind, she smiled at Austin and took off her watch and there in he wrist were numbers, seven to be exact, 8521137,she called them out to her Fiancé and the box opened, there was a letter and diamonds they looked at each other with disbelief, real diamonds they were. She didn't remember getting a tattoo but she knew her father was the behind it, a letter from her parents was also there, telling her everything she needed to know. It read 'Our dearest daughter if you're reading this means you are safe and you got everything we left you, we're sorry we didn't tell you the truth earlier, we were once government agents but when your mother fell pregnant we decided to take an early retirement so we can raise you properly, we sure you know the whole story about Jerald, we are glad you got out alive, we love so much and we hope you find peace and happiness, take care of yourself, until we meet again".
She was touched by the letter, she gave it to Austin to read, she told him they should get married soon and they were set to get married in a month. It is true that sometimes love does conquer all and it does heal broken hearts, they found each other when they both were in the verge of breaking and together they over came many crucial tests but they they were always together. Ally had to be where Austin was. That's how inseparable they were, they lived for each other, cared for each other and loved each other. They had an unbreakable bond and a beautiful relationship which many desired.

                    The End!!!

© 2016 Butterfly Novela


Author's Note

Butterfly Novela
Do let me know what you think and where should I improve?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on February 18, 2016
Last Updated on February 20, 2016

Author

Butterfly Novela
Butterfly Novela

Cape Town , Christian , South Africa



About
Well I'm the kind of person one can count on all the time, I'm the type who would go an extra mile for someone,I love to read and write and I speak my mind,I was blessed with having a loving heart. I .. more..

Writing