The Body

The Body

A Story by Nyomi McKay
"

This is a piece of a story I wrote.

"

The body had been lying there for at least a few days. The stench was unbearable. The flesh had mottled and ripened and the skin lay loose and cracked on top of it. The head was so mutilated that it was impossible to make out any facial features at all. The face had been skinned and whoever had done it had left strips of skin hanging in places. Empty eye sockets stared up at the boy as he continued to scream. The eyes looked almost as if they had been spooned out and green slimy  maggots crawled in and out of the dead nerves at the back of them. The person had hacked off the nose and gouged deep holes as to where the nostrils were. One of the ears were missing and the other had a chunk out of it as if someone had bitten it off. Red ants crawled in the huge gaping hole that had been the mouth. All the teeth had been ripped out and the lips sliced clean off. The male torso was bare and had red gorges running down its length like some animal had clawed it. Surprisingly, the legs and waist were intact, although they were lying at least five feet away from the torso. They had been hacked apart by an axe which lay feet from where the boy stood.

© 2009 Nyomi McKay


Author's Note

Nyomi McKay
This any good?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

it is very good i must say. however, if your entering this in the contest, you might want to make it more of a story taking well over 5 to 10 minutes. it was very good though. just like a description though.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is... Well, it's good. I just felt as if I would vomit reading it, though... Not because it was bad! But rather, you added a lot of detail, and seeing that picture in my mind truly made me squirm >< Well done on the descriptiveness in this piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 6, 2009
Last Updated on September 7, 2009