The alarm clock chemical spill.

The alarm clock chemical spill.

A Poem by Lee W. Deason

Concrete feet, marking the day the youth died.
Remains 50 days before the matter of the fact.
That the sun like that is never coming back.

Because every one sees different, in the empty.
Things unimaginable to perceive in such early time.
Because every one feels different, about the after math.

Inside the sewing machine, the fabric of our lives. Covering our eyes.
Mirrors for us to look at, covers for the reverse.
The destitute of our journey across the stars.
To populate, and coordinate a frame for master piece.

We'll never make it.

In the atmosphere, dissolving our lives.
Every day, a new claustrophobia.
Something got closer.

To the children with concrete feet. You're misunderstood.
Buried below while breathing, comatose.
They dream, and it seems, that they're happy.

Because the empty space, seems different to every one.
Unimaginable configurations to clocks, we struggle to see.
Because we all have different symptoms in the after math.

Like you and me apparently.

We won't make it.
In the atmosphere, dissolving our lives.
In the electric trace, binding us here.
In the time and space, something is getting closer.

I never thought.
The infrastructure would breakdown.
Fighting our own rights.
Fighting for our lives.


Every day a new disease for focus and living well.
A slithering stab at those who can't see the invisible.
Every day a new disease for those going to hell.

Like you and me.
Apparently.
Like you and me.

Like you and me.
Apparently.
Like you and me.

And when you see, the epitome in the moments after of.
The scenery will wilt and fold, it's grown old.
And your concrete feet will mark, the day youth died.

© 2008 Lee W. Deason


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow! This is seems like a haunting truth that will manifest in the near future. It makes me think of nuclear war, of fallout.. of destruction. It makes me think of the world coming to an end, of people coming to an end, relationships..everything. It actually hits quite home with how I've been feeling lately about the state of our planet let alone our government and its stupid interactions with others. I too as a kid felt safe and now.. that net is being cut away tie after tie, kids cant be kids and the ones that were aren't anymore and the realities are much harsher. Awesome job. I LOVE the title. Instantly grabbed me.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is the most powerful thing I've read in quite a while, actually. Your rhythm is spectacular, and halfway through the poem, I had to start reading audibly. This is a piece that should be performed. People need to hear this sort of talk, people need to wake up from their centuries of sleep. This is great.

"Every day a new disease for those going to hell.

Like you and me.
Apparently.
Like you and me. "

That strikes a chord; how sick I am of being condemned! There's something wrong with this world. This poem is very thought provoking - and wonderful.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

After reading this I have the idea that the Chemical Spill is happening in our brains as we are being forced to absorb media and buy products, live lifes we don't want. Basically we are being brainwashed whilst high flying executives sit and design yet more for 'you and I' because 'apparently' we are all the same - sheep following the lead of the high power world leaders into oblivion.

You've given me interesting thoughts!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow. a dark write it this seems to me....like a path of destruction happening in the near future. The apocalypse seems to come to mind, reading this piece. nicely done.


great write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Great ending Lee! I just love how you stay true to your style and write about things so often forgotten
Nice flow, once again your repeated lyrical additions just seem to strengthen your message and the way you crafted your words emphasized the disaster we are all steering to..

Nice piece

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow! This is seems like a haunting truth that will manifest in the near future. It makes me think of nuclear war, of fallout.. of destruction. It makes me think of the world coming to an end, of people coming to an end, relationships..everything. It actually hits quite home with how I've been feeling lately about the state of our planet let alone our government and its stupid interactions with others. I too as a kid felt safe and now.. that net is being cut away tie after tie, kids cant be kids and the ones that were aren't anymore and the realities are much harsher. Awesome job. I LOVE the title. Instantly grabbed me.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 5, 2008


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..