Why must you drive so close (NEW)

Why must you drive so close (NEW)

A Poem by Nicole (Carpe Diem)
"

A little bit of a rant - the past few days have inspired me... I just dont understand why people drive up on my a*s when the roads are bad... sigh!

"

 

Why must you drive so close?
Do you see that stuff over there?
That is ICE and that there is SNOW
It’s not smart to be this close
Because I really don’t want you
To even tap my back end.
 
Why must you drive so close?
Haven’t you heard of the Three Second Rule?
Have some space between us
I promise it won’t be a bad thing
In the end you will save yourself
A headache
 
Why must you drive so close?
Will those extra feet make a difference?
Getting you to your destination that much quicker
I highly doubt it
So don’t be stupid
Get off my rear

© 2008 Nicole (Carpe Diem)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It's really a nice peice over here! Indeed, sometimes people drive like as if they don't have a sense at all! My dad used to say to me constantly while giving me driving lessons:- "Son, you should drive on the streets as if everyone on the road driving are mad. You are the only sane person driving. I'm saying this because it won't be your fault that you got hit or met with an accident, it will be the fault of others. But you will be at the loosing side. So why take the chance?" This poem over here reminded me of this sentense that my dad used to say. A very nice peice! Made me happy! ~KA~

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I swear people drive at their worst when there is bad weather. Which is the complete opposite of what you're supposed to do like being careful, driving slow, and staying as far away from the next person. I heard somewhere in the recent northeastern storm they arrested you if seen driving, think that should be a new law.

Great Write. Thanks for submitting.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I totally love this piece and you are so right. You go girl. Wonderfully penned. Great job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yes, quite a rant i say, but fills into the context perfectly. I guess every one of us feel the same :)))
And yeah, driving is one stress i would rather be living without...how about a jet???

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Perfect!

I drive a lot and I drive a smaller model car on a treacherous hwy with fast driving ill mannered tractor rigs and some days it is a miracle I make it home! I agree with you 110% here...

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your words are so much nicer than mine when someone is driving way too close! Even without the ice and snow people are way too careless. Sliding all over the place would only intensify things, as well as being cold and unable to see out the windshield!! I think drivers education should begin in about 7th grade by teaching safety and the ropes--instead of one "crash" course later.
You totally captured the feeling of being out of control. Great rant.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

yeah, people cant drive they run ito you and then blame you for it, it happeand to me a few months ago my car is in the shop now!! pissed me off!! Good poem though and good job

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can imagine you shouting these very words out as you drive along with someone 'stuck up your behind'. I have every sympathy with you as I have the same problems on my way to work each day. I also wonder why indicators no longer seem to be part of a driving any more. Oh, you have started me on a rant now.....best stop whilst I can - don't get too close now or you will bash into me!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Because people suck and are always in hurry with no place to go. Great write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I hate when people do that. I actually had a guy today in a brand new Cadillac almost hit me because he was not paying attention and tried to change lanes into me. I had to slam on my brakes and honk my horn at him to let him know I was there. Jackass. LOL I guess you can tell I can relate to you perfectly here. LOL

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This was just too funny, I have seen so many driving like the roads are dry the last few days. With people getting stuck in their own driveways, and the ODOT trucks stuck with full loads of salt, why when they are on the road do they think they can put the pedal to the metal? Loved this Nicole.


Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 5 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 14, 2008

Author

Nicole (Carpe Diem)
Nicole (Carpe Diem)

Pittsburgh, PA



About
Updated 08/03/16 I have created our own online magazine. It is called the Holiday Café (http://theholidaycafeblog.blogspot.com/ and we are always looking for good writing... check us out (a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Time Time

A Poem by Rain