Chucky is coming for me

Chucky is coming for me

A Story by nyi
"

'Child Play' was very popular horror movie when I was a kid. I used to imagine the devil doll Chucky was always hunting me.

"


The movie had just finished. I felt like I had been forced to watch this horror flick until the end. Some scenes I wanted to close my eye but the feeling of wanting to know what would happen next provoked me and I could not simply resist the temptation. So I did watch with my eyes open. The movie was named ‘Child Play 2’. This was the second part I watched and I felt the same experience as the first movie. It scared me to death. In the end the villain evil doll named Chucky was thrown into rotating huge fan and his body was torn apart, body parts all around. I looked at the clock and could not still figure out what the time was.

The school had not taught me how to count the time. Now that I was in third grade I was hoping to learn how to count time. Other things that I counted I could see them and made a difference between them .Now I was stuck with the quantity called time. I could not see it. When I looked at the clock, the only things that I saw were numbers and two hangs. How would I count something I could not see or even touch? More interestingly, how would I subtract it? I had never heard of someone saying ‘I have many times. I can spend many times as I like’. My mom seemed to be short of time. She was always rushing off early in the morning. Always saying ‘I have to be in time’. It always puzzled me when I heard that. How could you be inside something that you could not see? Sometimes it was hard to understand what adults were saying. I had also never seen anyone getting his time back. It should be interesting to learn how to count time. Next week I would be learning multiplication. Teacher told me it was like addition but only faster and I was anxious to learn this.

Today was Friday and so I watched movie with my grandfather who had been sitting behind me, sensing that I was looking at the clock, told me the time was quarter to nine. Then he said ‘Time for sleep young man. You should sleep early or else!’I knew what his ‘else’ meant. I had heard of these exact words from him before. I didn’t know why grandfather said this but when I heard his ‘else’ I felt like I couldn’t move, felt like two hands would come out underneath the table and grabbed my legs. I felt terrified and petrified by his ‘else’. His ‘else’ could be defined as the following: ‘Chucky will be coming for you. He will sneak inside your bed when you were asleep, dragged you into the kitchen and slice you up bit by bit slowly’.

I was ready to go to bed and to sleep. He also sat up and prepared his ways to get downstairs, to his lair. It was his lair because he rarely came out of his room. Possibly the only time he came out from his room was to play with me or watch movie. He motioned me to go upstairs, to my bed as he walked out of the room, half grinning to himself, waving and saying ‘Night Night’. My mom was sleeping upstairs and Dad hadn’t come back yet. Then only it hit me that I was alone. Now I realized the room was a bit dark because grandfather didn’t turn on all the lights. I tried reaching for the switch but couldn’t and wished that I was taller. So, I had to walk through this semi darkness to get upstairs.

I started to walk step by step into the semidarkness. As I was reaching the border of light and darkness, I could not stop thinking that there might be something on the other side of this border. I tried to focus into the darkness and could not see anything. I tried to listen to some sound just to make sure that nothing was there. Then only I had sense the presence of something. I heard this tapping metal noise like something was tapping the metal stair handle with another solid structure. The noises came time after time with intervals between them. Could this tapping noise be made by knife? It sounded like it. Could it be Chucky with his knife in one hand and finally came for me? So, I tried to sense the direction the noise was coming from. Then I realized it was coming from the back of me, indeed it was from the door and then I remembered that grandfather didn’t close the main door. So I rushed to the door, and pushed close it with my body as fast as I could while reaching for the lock but I was still not tall enough to reach for it so I leapt and tried reaching for it. What if the little hands of Chucky holding a knife just appeared out of nowhere? What if he stuck his knife into the door way and made me unable to lock it? Now the tapping noise was becoming louder and clearer. So I jumped as high as I could and with this attempt, I had finally accomplished my mission.

The tapping noise then stopped immediately after I had successfully closed the door. It seemed that Chucky had sensed that my endeavor was successful and he could not get in. I was a bit please with myself. Chucky was about the same body-size as me and there was no way he could get this door open. I was pleased with myself that I even smiled. Then I remembered Chucky was a shrewd evil little doll. May be right now he must be thinking of a way to get inside the apartment? So I must go upstairs when I had the chance! I tried to tip-toe through the room to the stairs at the end of the apartment. I had to tip-toe because Chucky had sharp eyes, he would detect my motions. Now he could not and I felt I was smarter than him. Before I reached the stairs, I realized something bizarre. It was the placement of things on the dining table. First of all there was this Barbie doll with its face staring at me. I remembered cutting that doll’s hair and dumped it into the dust bin just to tease my younger sister. I had done dumping that thing just this evening. So there was no way someone would have found this. No one cleaned dustbin during the night at our house. Then I recollected that Chucky could move without making a single sound. Even when he ran, he did not make a single sound. The process of tip-toeing had taken sometime. The time needed for the Chucky to reach to the back side of the apartment. Then I remembered the little hole which was near the rice-cooker. It was big enough for Chucky to come inside through that.

I knew Chucky could run much faster than me. He must have come through that little hole, picked up the Barbie from the dust bin and put that little thing there before I reached here. I knew he could do that. In fact, it was his nature, rather his habit, to tease his pray before killing them. He liked to play this way. Or worse he could make other toys alive like him. Yes, I had seen it. He could resurrect the toys and do evil things that he desired. Then beside the Barbie, I saw that. His knife! even half-glimmering in the darkness. My mom never left this kind of dangerous thing on the dining table. Now the heat of the moment was rising up. May be Chucky was watching my movements from the dark where I could not see him, studying them, looking for my weak point so he could finish me off easily without spending much energy. I felt like I was at the middle of nowhere, could not turn back because there was nowhere else to go and still could not find courage to start walking. So I was like frozen body, standing there and could not think of what to do next. Then I saw a jean jacket beside me on the sofa and decided to put it on. My plan was to run towards the stairs as fast as I could. I put on the jacket because if Chuck jumped on me, got a hold on my jacket, I would take it off, rolled him inside and threw away. Once I reached the stairs I would be safe because there was slide aluminum door. When I closed it there was no way of him coming through that.

So I ran towards the stairs. I wore the jacket loosely so that when he jumped on me, I would be ready. My heart was pounding as I ran not because it was tired-some but because of the fear. Fortunately, Chucky didn’t jump on me or the Barbie. As soon as I reached the stairs I closed the door and locked it firmly. I felt relief and safe but only for a instant of moment. Now another form of the same terror had struck me. What about under the stairs? There were spaces between the stairs for Chucky to slip inside and wait for me underneath the stairs in the void. That was why Chucky didn’t jump on me on the way here because the whole time he was waiting for me under the stairs inside this dark void. I looked inside the stairs and found nothing, just utter darkness. So I tried to listen to the noise. Again there was nothing, just blank, silence, followed by more silence after sometime. Immensity of silence was almost unbearable. I was getting really sleepy but could not afford to close my eyes because Chucky was always waiting for its chance. Now that I was stuck, I waited for his move. I dared not go upstairs now.

I waited and waited and time waged on and on and finally my eyes just not could keep opened. So I fell asleep. Next time when I opened my eyes, I saw my dad’s face and I felt safe. He was carrying me to my bed so I could have a proper sleep. Next thing I knew was my mom calling my name to get up and prepared for school.

Nyi
22.4.2010

© 2011 nyi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A outstanding story. My poor mother is scare of Chucky still. Some people don't like dolls who attack and kill. I like the emotion and flow of this story. I like your story better then the movies. They move too fast. Chucky need more time to create his myth. A excellent story. I enjoyed reading the story.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
1 Review
Added on March 13, 2011
Last Updated on March 13, 2011

Author

nyi
nyi

Yangon, Myanmar Yangon



Writing
Feeding Pigeons Feeding Pigeons

A Story by nyi


Falling Falling

A Poem by nyi


Alarm bells Alarm bells

A Poem by nyi