I Found A Stranger -Luka

I Found A Stranger -Luka

A Story by Nykolas Andrews

Last night, I found a stranger crying in my kitchen.

At first, I wasn’t really sure what to think about it. I was sort of frightened by it. I wasn’t really sure what I was hearing until I saw her sitting on the floor, knees pressed to her chest, her arms wrapped tightly around them. It wasn’t the normal cries, the wails, the loud sobs. It was hitched breath, trembling, occasional soft sob. I couldn’t see her face because it was buried in her knees.

It was very dark, so I couldn’t really make out anything.I know what you’d be thinking if you were reading this: “So turn on the light, you doofus.” I know most people would in this situation, but you know me. I’m not most people. I took a seat beside her softly, hoping not to startle her. I wanted to to hold her hand, but I didn’t want to give off a creepy vibe, so I just sat there and focused on the sound of her crying. I was trying to block out the voices, and I did.

I wasn’t really sure if she was real. I knew you were real because Gretta said you were, and I knew she was real because my parents said she was, and as much as I hoped they weren’t real, I knew they were because they were there before my schizophrenia kicked in.

It never occurred to me that she could’ve been a serial murder or anyone other than who she was. We just sat there for hours while she cried. I wanted to ask her what had happened, why she had come in to my house, if she needed anything, but I kept my mouth shut while she cried until she fell asleep.

When I noticed she had fallen asleep, I got up slowly, and I grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around her. I sat back down, and I leaned against the wall by the counter, and I listened to the sound of her breathing for a while.

Delyeah, I fell asleep last night, and I had a bad dream. When I woke up, I wished you were there to hold me close to you, telling me everything was okay. I miss you.

But, Delyeah, I fell asleep last night.

© 2015 Nykolas Andrews


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on August 10, 2015
Last Updated on August 10, 2015

Author

Nykolas Andrews
Nykolas Andrews

Nonya, GA



About
I'm just a (bad) writer. Not much more to me. If there is anything you wanna know, you can ask me. I'll probably answer you. Unless you're an a*****e. more..

Writing