Chapter 3 - They are SUCH dorks

Chapter 3 - They are SUCH dorks

A Chapter by Obsidian Orchid
"

All of them, even those new guys, are dorks. I wouldn't have ever thought I'd be friends with people like them, but I'm glad.

"

"You came all this way to see us?" A loud crash of someone sitting in a metal chair startled everyone. Washington twisted in his chair, facing the person who sat down. It was a relatively large man, with stuffy brown hair. The brunette, who held a burger, took a large bite of the food and spoke, still chewing. "I'm flattered." Wash watched as the blonde from before, and another brunette with glasses marched to the table, plopping down in the free seats. The blonde had a stack of burgers, and handed one to everyone, except the brunette already eating.

Everyone began unwrapping their burgers, but Wash hesitated, staring down at the burger. It felt odd, someone openly, and willingly giving something. Most of the time, there was a catch. He took a deep breath, and began eating, along with the others.

The blonde smacked his hand down on the table, causing everyone's attention to switch to him. "So, introduce us to your new friend!" He beamed. "I'm Frank. Those these two,” Frank gestured to the other two new faces.”tend to call me Donut. I mean, I know I taste oh so sweet a-"

"Okay, moving on.." The taller brunette cut in, an odd look on his face. Wash's brows shot up, a bit shocked about the situation. "I'm Richard, and this is Dexter." He gestured to the other brunette. Tucker and Grif tried to hide their laughter, but everyone knew they were laughing.

“We call him Dick for short. He hates it, but it’s hilarious.” Dexter whipped his eyes, watering for laughing so much Richard punched him in the arm, but it barely phased him. Instead, Dexter shoved him, causing him to almost fall out of his chair.

Richard adjusted himself, and Tucker broke in a hysterical laughter. He tried saying something, but they could barely make it out. “As you can tell, those two are SOOO in love.” He laughed a bit more, before finally calming down. Wash turned to face them, and nodded a bit,  cracking a smile. They would look good together, if they were a couple.

Frank eyes twinkled, looking at Washington. “Okay, now give it to us!” He said, causing Wash to look at him with wide eyes. The other’s just groaned. “Tell us about yourself!”

Everyone turned to Wash, waiting for an answer. He shifted in his seat, thinking of something to say. He didn't want to seem like a criminal, or a freak. He cleared his throat, opening his mouth to say something. “Uuh, just call me Washington, or Wash.” He stopped for a moment. Everyone's eyes were on him, as if they wanted more. There was no way he'd tell them about himself. “There’s not much else about me.. “ He rubbed his neck, looking away.

Tucker dismissed what Wash said. “Nu uh, there’s way more! Remember, ya told me about how you had to rob pe-” Wash clamped his hand around Tucker’s mouth, hushing him. Wash laughed nervously. When he thought no one was looking, he gave Tucker a glare, signaling him to stop.

If they knew about my past, they probably would think I’m crazy! I’m surprised Tucker isn't freaking out.. Tucker looked at him with narrowed eyes, but his expression softened when he noticed the others looking at them, dumbfounded. Frank appeared a bit anxious, twiddling his thumbs around.

“R-Rob??” He panicked. Wash let go of Tucker, waving his hands in denial.  

“No, no, no! H-He said said.. uh, rock! Y-Yeah!” He kept glancing away. What was he going to say? “I… was quite a singer back then, yep..!” What are you saying?! You can’t sing for S**T. This is not going to work.

Donut’s face lit up, actually believing the terrible lie. “Really? I bet you could really turn on the crowd’s mood!” He gleamed warmly. “Could you sing for us? I'm dying to hear!” Tucker laughed, kind of curious if Washington could sing or not.

“Go ahead Wash. Let’s hear ya!” Wash gulped, tugging lightly on his hoodie collar. He didn’t know what to do.

“Come on Washington! Sing for us!” Michael pumped his arms up and down. Wash bit his lip, but took a deep breath. He opened his mouth, but no sound came out. He didn’t want to violently destroy their ears. Wash decided to speak up, and admit that what he said was a lie. But his a*s got saved. Before he could finish his thought, a loud intercom came on.

“Donut, Simmons, Grif! Get in here! Break’s over!” A booming voice came from above. Richard turned to the clock, leaning forward to get a better look.

“Oh jeez, time’s up?” He rose to his feet up, finishing his burger. Donut and Dexter rose to their feet as well, tailing him towards the kitchen. “Time to work again. It was nice meeting you, see you later.” The three disappeared into the kitchen, leaving Tucker, Wash, and Michael sitting at the table. Tucker hopped to his feet, shoving his hands into his jacket pockets.

“It’s so lame how they have short a*s breaks.” He sighed, heading towards the entrance of the building. Michael stood up, and trailed him, swinging his arms happily. Wash stayed in his seat for a bit, before finally following them out of the building.


Outside of the McDonald’s, Tucker rhythmically strode , leaving Wash and Michael a few steps behind him. Michael put his hand on Wash’s shoulder, staring at him with big, curious eyes.

“Washington, can you sing?” He asked, tilting his head. Wash huffed, a harder than normal expression spread on his face.

"I could, if you want someone to lose your hearing." He crossed his arms, laughing. He picked up his speed, wandering up to Tucker. "So, what's the plan?"

Tucker gazed up, not watching where he was walking. "Eeehh, I was thinking we'd just chill in the park." He peered down, rubbing his chin and spoke aimlessly" We can't really do much, Leonard keeps ahold of most of the money.." Michael sprinted next to the two, grinning.

"Why don't we go get some money from him? We need more snacks at home. And I'm sure he misses his best friend." He held his chest out, proud. Tucker pulled a cell phone out of his pocket, but paused.

"Are you crazy? He's helping ALLISON move. Last time I checked, she wasn't very damn fond of us. Plus, we don’t know where she lives.” Wash rolled his eyes.

“Couldn't you call, and I don’t know, ask?” He rose a brow. Seems pretty obvious to me. Tucker gaped, as he realized how clear that was.

“Well.. uh…. Shut the f**k up.” He grumbled, and started dialing someone’s number on his phone, trying to conceal a smile. Wash yukked, adjusting his hoodie to keep him occupied, while Tucker made the call.

Michael and Wash tracked Tucker to an empty bench, sitting down. Tucker shook his leg impatiently, waiting for the phone to stop ringing. His leg stopped, and he finally spoke. “Hey, Leonard! What’s up?” Washington scanned around the city, tuning out what Tucker was saying. “So, we need….” The buildings stood so elevated. The shortest structure had to be at least 15 stories. Who’s want to work, hell, even step foot in a tower so tall? Wash’s eyes began trailing down to the crowd trekking the streets. Wow. So many people live here. Wonder what the hype abo-

Wash’s eyes shot open. There. In the swarm of people. It looked like… no, it couldn't be.. Was it.. his.. ex captors..? He leaned in his spot, narrowing his eyes to focus on the two familiar people.

A hand shaking his shoulder startled him, causing him to almost knock Tucker in the face. Tucker leaned back, lifting his hand from his shoulder. “Woah.. you okay man?” Wash turned to him, and glanced back to the crowd. He couldn't spot the familiar faces anywhere! Where did they go?! “Dude!” Tucker snapped his finger, returning Wash’s attention to him. Michael and him both had worried expressions on their faces. “What’s up?”
Was twisted to face the crowd again, but quickly gave up on finding those two familiar looking men. He finally realized just how much he was trembling, and just at the sight of something that reminded him of that awful prison he was stuck in, and the people in it. He took a deep breath, soothing himself a bit. “Y-Yeah.. I’m fine.”

Tucker and Michael hopped up, with Wash copying their actions. “Good. We’re gonna head to Leonard’s girlfriend’s house. She’s that Allison chick Leonard was talking about this morning.” Wash nodded, remembering the name from earlier in the day. So that’s who that ‘Allison’ is. “Luckily, she just lives on the outskirts of town. We’re not TOO far from there. I’d say about a 15, 20 minute trip? Shouldn't be that hard.” Wash looked at Michael, then back to Tucker. Michael had the upper strength like a bull, while Tucker was so weak in comparison.

“I bet if we run there, we’d get there much quicker.” He suggested, a smirk creeping on his face. Tucker’s shoulders dropped a bit.

“Nah, that's okay. We should ju-”

“Lets go see Leonard!”  Michael shouted, bolting down the sidewalk, and cutting off Tucker. Tucker groans, rubbing his face.

“No, Michael, slow down! You’re gonna f*****g get lost!” He chased  after him. Wash broke into a full on smile, sprinting after the two. He continued running, and finally caught up Tucker. He watched the dreadlocked boy, the curve fading from his lips. He didn't get it. I shouldn't be acting all buddy-buddy with him and Michael. But.. I can’t help it. Why do I act like I've known them for months? It’s been a day..

Washington slowed down a bit, losing some motivation to run. Tucker hardly noticed, and was actually relieved for this. He panted hard, making it extremely hard to make out his words. “Holy… s**t..” He knelt over, hands on his knees. Wash’s breath was normal. He patted the darker boy’s back.

“Legs day isn't your thing, is it?” Tucker straightened his back, and rolled his eyes, a smirk appearing on the corner of his lips.

“Whatever..” He eyed the crowd, barely seeing Michael’s dark blue shirt. “S**t..!” He raced through the group, trying to dodge as many people as possible. Wash chased them, chuckling to himself. Out of all the people’s windows I could have climbed through. It was theirs.


It took quite awhile, but Washington and Tucker finally caught up to Michael. It was a game of cat and mouse the whole trip to Allison’s house. The three finally stumbled down a street, stopping at a light blue house on the corner. Tucker fell to his knees, wheezing. Wash shook his head, and strolled over to Michael, taking some deep breaths. Michael didn't seem phased by the run. “Lets go in!” Michael cheered, bouncing over to the front door of the house. Wash headed towards the door as well, keeping a relatively slow pace for Tucker to catch up. The two made it to the entrance. They all surveyed each other, waiting for someone to knock. Michael grew too impatient, and banged on the wooden plank. Loud shouting, and stomping could be heard from the other side. Wash tensed up, a bit frightened to know what lied inside. The door swung open, crashing against the wall. Tucker flung upward, and Washington took a step back. A frustrated blonde was stationed on the other side of the door, sweat dripping down her face. This must be Allison.

“Oh joy.” She groaned, stepping to the side to let the three enter. Tucker, who finally caught his breath, scowled at her, and started inside the house.

“What? Didn't Leonard tell ya we were coming?” Tucker crossed his arms. Michael skipped through the door, with Wash following nonchalantly.

“Yeah, I was just hoping you’d get lost.” Allison snapped. Wash scanned the interior of the house, noticing how sprawled out and messy everything was. Allison shoved him a bit, causing him to stumble in surprise. “Who’s this guy? A new roomie?”

Tucker shrugged a bit. “Possibly. He’s staying with us now, but I said he could stay, if he helps around, like the rest of us. Besides, help paying the rent is always welcomed.” Wash's eyes widened, shocked by his words. So, they'd really let me stay if I wanted?

“So, he has to help around, just like you guys? He’ll have it easy. You guys don’t do s**t.” She smirked, laughing. Tucker gasped, looking offended.

“Shut up! We keep our apartment spotless!” He huffed, and scouted around. “We’ll get out of your hair in a sec. Where’s Leonard?”

Allison pointed down. “He’s in the basement. He was helping me move some exercise equipment. Not that you've ever seen something so ‘rare’.” Tucker grumbled, causing her to raise her hands in defense. “Sorry, sorry. Let me call him.” She stomped her foot three times, shouting, “LEONARD! Get your a*s up here!”

Leonard emerged from an open door frame, looking exhausted and tired. “Whaat?” He held his back, sauntering up the stairs. He straightened up when he saw Washington and the others. "Oh, you’re here.."  He narrowed his eyes, digging in his jeans pocket. He pulled out a wad of money, discarding just how much. "Here. Go buy some good food. Not just cookie dough and Cheetos. I want to eat something nutritious tonight, okay?" Allison jogged over to the basement store, giving the boys a little wave.

"Have fun. Not get out of my house. Don't stay out too late!" She gave Leonard a little nudge, and the two disappeared into the basement.

Tucker counted how much money was crumple into the wad, as he led the others out of the house. He came to a sudden halt, and his eyes shot open. "Holy s**t. He just threw 80 bucks at us to spend!" Tucker looked at Wash, like a kid in a candy store, and hurled an arm around him . "Image what we can buy with this! Buddy, we're gonna have a feast!"  He gripped Wash and Michael's wrist, pulling them down the sidewalk. Wash squinted his eyes, a large grin plastered on his face. He could barely hold in his laughter.

Wow, he's such a big dork..



© 2015 Obsidian Orchid


Author's Note

Obsidian Orchid
See what happened at the end? Wash thinks Tucker's a major dork. In a good way, of course. Next chapter really should get fluffy. If not that one, then the next for sure.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love it! Cant wait to read more!


Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 16, 2015
Last Updated on May 16, 2015
Tags: tuckington, red vs blue, rvb, agent washington, lavernius tucker, somewhat of an, au, fanfiction


Author

Obsidian Orchid
Obsidian Orchid

CO



About
Well hello there! I'm Nova. I usually just write fan fiction, like the loser I am. I love writing, and drawing, but of course you'll mainly get to see my writing. I hope you enjoy your time reading wh.. more..

Writing