Hell Week

Hell Week

A Poem by Oceana
"

It's finals, guys. Can't wait to memorize 46 pages of chemistry concepts to forget it all the moment I finish my exam. And that's just one of my five classes.

"
everyone i have walked
by today has caffeine twitching
fingers and a look in their eyes like
the only thing they know is
to put one foot 
in front of
the other

we are the future

-"

© 2013 Oceana


Author's Note

Oceana
This poem was born from a meltdown I had in the car today. Yay, anxiety!

My computer has 13% battery but I think I will die before it does.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yah, I remember a little bit of the fog of finals. all nighters followed by dizzying walks and sweaty pencils I always managed to keep from falling. Nice job here.

Posted 10 Years Ago


There is darkness--darkness in the bad coffee served to corporate slaves everywhere, darkness in the souls of the faceless ones in the boardrooms, darkness in the shadow of corpocracy that falls across our Mother Earth, but as long as there is life there is hope--look inward, the light of the Divine shines in everyone and each time we connect that light grows brighter. The greeting that I use "Namaste" means "When I am at that center of light within me and you are at that center of light within you, we are one"


Namaste, dear one


Posted 10 Years Ago


Oceana

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much, and Namaste to you as well
Very poignant. I just finished finals (termed "hell week" for me too)...twitching caffeine fingers and all. Don't die! (your almost done).

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oceana

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much! Two to go after the long weekend. I. Can. Do. This.
The image you have painted made me laugh...initially. You will get through this! Breathe, girl. Breathe!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oceana

11 Years Ago

Thanks, Angi! I hope so. The only thing I've been able to keep down this week is coffee. Within the .. read more
I understand this poem. Final week is hard. Not enough time and too much to do. I like the complete poem. You brought to life the emotions and thoughts of a hard week to get by. Thank you for the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oceana

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much. As a prep-school kid, it's really hard to undo the hardwiring in my brain which.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 20, 2013
Last Updated on May 20, 2013

Author

Oceana
Oceana

Not Quite Boston



About
the documents on my computer are equal parts essays on the middle east and never-quite finished nonsensical stories. i would like to say i have a zeal for life but my caffeine addiction must first .. more..

Writing
For B For B

A Poem by Oceana


Over Over

A Poem by Oceana



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Tu Es Romam Tu Es Romam

A Poem by Oceana


~ I Wish... ~ I Wish...

A Poem by s y e