Chapter Two: Scatter

Chapter Two: Scatter

A Chapter by Emperor Pius Dei
"

I'll put this up here since most of you probably won't get to the bottom; AN EDIT IS PROBABLY COMING SOON

"

Chapter Two: Scatter


“G-god? But…” Aethria stuttered, still shocked. “We are god.”


Tet raised an eyebrow. A moment passed. “Wait, you’re serious??”


Novis furrowed his eyebrows, pushing deeper into his memory until he found what he was looking for.


“No.” He said. ”We are not.”


“Thank goodness.” Tet said, genuinely relieved. “At least one of you isn’t hopeless.”


“Oh yeah!” Bakano suddenly gasped. “I remember now too! This was all part of the plan.” He smiled.


“The last thing I remember was revealing myself to the Humans.” Delfia’s voice was uncharacteristically cautious.


“Yeah,” Terius said. “Then the war, and then-”


“It’s been five thousand years;” Aethria interrupted, her voice growing louder and angrier. “Just what have you been doing for all this time!?” She hoped nobody could tell that she had only just remembered and figured out what was going on moments before she had spoken.


Tet chuckled drily. “Fine then Aethria, let's pretend that you’re the one who was wronged” His tone was much darker; an alarming juxtaposition against the childlike innocence and patience he had demonstrated before.


She swallowed, recalling Bakano’s caution against drama.


“Lets try this:” Tet was no longer smiling, and his voice spawned an acute fear in everyone’s gut. “Tell me, Aethria, does the notion of being a human disturb you? What about you Terius, Delfia? Is your pride insulted by the image of yourself as a being with so little power?”


Aethria froze; how had he known that.


“Because before you were so mighty and glorious, you were beings just like them.” She winced as Tet’s words brought the memory out of her subconscious.


“Open your mind!” Tet shouted, causing everyone to jump. “Only the wicked take the truth to be hard!” Moving too fast to see, he appeared in front of Aethria’s face, and put his thumb on her forehead.


She gasped as all the memories she had worked so hard to repress jumped to the front of her mind. She remembered the day that she had been chosen; the Supreme Being had approached her, and praised her for her goodness. She remembered the day that she had been introduced to the other candidates; her brothers and sisters of bond, and she remembered that she had loved them dearly. She remembered the day that she had been granted immortality; the day the six of them had been released onto this planet. She remembered the day she had been endowed with the power to command the winds and skies. 


She remembered that together she and her siblings had spawned life, and evolved it into intelligent beings which they called humans. She remembered how they all had worked together to help humans develop and form advanced civilizations. She remembered her sorrow at the human’s disunity, and their wars and contentions. She remembered her sadness slowly turning into frustration and anger; she remembered her love for them slowly vanishing.


Then the fateful day came; she stepped out from behind the curtain, and revealed her presence and power to the world. She gained control of many nations, and began making their preparations for war against the others. But when the day of battle arrived, she was met by the armies of the nations united under Terius and Delfia. Shocked by what she considered their betrayal, she watched her plans crumble as her armies suffered a great loss. Furious, she began plotting her revenge. The war was brutal it took less than one hundred years to obliterate all life on the planet.


Tet released Aethria, and she collapsed to the ground, almost paralysed. Terius and Delfia were too afraid to appreciate seeing their enemy humiliated and vulnerable.


“Behold your once-beloved sister;” Tet said. “After so many years of denying the truth her own memories are a hell!”


Then he flashed to the center of the room, and began speaking with the same voice he had used the first time he spoke to them.


“Between the three of you, you have been given authority to command the skies, lands, and waters; how could you possibly want more?? Aethria, Terius, Delfia, you drove the humans, your own beloved creations, to destroy themselves! Billions of lives lost for the sake of your own pride! Now do you see that you could only ever be happy when you were serving the humans, never when they were serving you?! You are were chosen from a selection of trillions of candidates by a being of infinite wisdom; one who believed that you were able and worthy to hold god-like power without being corrupted, and you proved the Supreme Being wrong!”


Delfia and Terius fell to the ground with Aethria, all three overcome with guilt. Several moments of silence passed in total silence before Tet continued, this time, with a normal voice.


“Look, guys, I know this has been hard for everyone, and I don’t enjoy yelling, it's just so frustrating trying to communicate with delusional people. Anyway; you all remember that in the end, only one of you can be the god of all; your time on this planet was just meant to prepare you for the Game.”


“Thats right,” Terius said, getting shakily to his feet. “I remember everything now.”


“I’m glad.” Tet said, almost genuinely. “Alright everyone, it’s time to take what you’ve learned from the past, and apply it to the future. Everyone gets fresh start, but don’t forget this is your second chance; there won’t be any more.”


Tet closed his eyes, concentrating before transporting the six of them to the battlefield...




***



“...Tet proceed released us into this universe.” Novis told Alan. “We have since recreated those beings we called humans, and advanced them to this point. The rules of the Game are simple: each of us ‘gods’ must select a human representative, to which we will grant requisite powers. Each representative is given a token to protect, and whichever one collects all six tokens will win the game.”


Alan stared blankly off into the distance as everything he had heard soaked into his memory, embedding itself there. Novis smiled as he reached into his coat pocket, and pulled out a gaseous gray mass. Alan’s empty eyes locked onto it, and he lunged at it like a zombie; that's what he had been missing.  Novis sidestepped, and Alan fell on his face, but the cloud leaped out of Novis’s hand, and clung around Alan’s head, slowly leaking in. A moment later, Alan sat up, and shook the snow out of his hair. A look of comprehension crossed his face as he stood up.


“You stole my memories!!” He shouted suddenly.


Novis shrugged sincerely, “We’ll talk about later.” He said, taking a grey headband out of his other pocket. “But in the meantime,” he placed it in Alan’s hand. “Let the Game begin!”


Alan was furious.


“Thief!” he cried, leaping to tackle Novis.


But suddenly a force yanked him upward, high into the sky, leaving his stomach behind. Adrenaline burst into his bloodstream as he watched the ground fall away beneath him, then everything vanished as he went into the clouds.



© 2018 Emperor Pius Dei


Author's Note

Emperor Pius Dei
This probably isn't very good, but its late at night, I'm high on dopamine (or whatever chemical in your brain makes you tired), and i want attention. What? I just figured I'd be straight forward for a change. If you didn't catch it at the top, AN EDIT IS COMING SOON PROBABLY. Man, I gotta stop doing this; its probably why no ever reads my stuff...

anyway have a nice day!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on March 10, 2018
Last Updated on March 12, 2018


Author

Emperor Pius Dei
Emperor Pius Dei

About
Thinking. Thinking. Thinking. Thinking thinking. Thinkingthinkingthinkingthinking... more..

Writing