With The Angels?

With The Angels?

A Story by Brooklynn
"

A young girl sees her fathers spirit and tries to get over the pain of his loss. DEDICATED TO ALL THOSE WHO LOST THEIR LOVED ONES ON SEPTEMBER 11, 2001.

"

The little girl sat on the swing, staring blankly at the ground. She didn’t move when her father put his hand on her shoulder.

“Elizabeth. Come inside now, it’s getting late.”

Nothing.

“Elizabeth, I know that you are sad right now, but you have to come in, sweetie.”

Elizabeth slowly lifted her head and stared at her father, tears running down her porcelain skin.

“Lizzy, you must go inside. Be strong for your mother. I know that it is hard, but you can do it. Trust me.”

She nodded, slid off the swing and walked slowly into the house.

She found her mother sitting in a chair next to the fireplace, a photo album rested on her lap and a glass of wine in her right hand.

“Mommy?” Elizabeth said.

Her mother turned her head and looked at Elizabeth with a sad face.

“Mommy, don’t be sad. Be strong. For daddy.”

Elizabeth walked to her mother’s side, placed her small hand upon her shoulder and smiled. Her mother stared into the depths of her eyes, and said nothing.

“Be strong, mommy.” Elizabeth grinned and walked to her room.

She pulled herself onto her bed, and stared at the ceiling. She could hear her mother crying in the living room.

“Daddy, how can I be strong for mommy, when she isn’t being strong?” Elizabeth asked her father, who was now lying next to her.

“Because you are a strong person. Your mother is hurting right now, I know it is tough for both of you to understand, but time will help.”

Elizabeth’s face was still. She laid her head on her father’s chest and started to cry.

“Daddy, why can’t I hear the beating in your chest anymore?”

“Because, my little princess, I am no longer living in this world.”

“Because you are with the angels?” she asked.

“Yes.” he stared into her eyes, “Elizabeth, it is time for me to leave now. Be strong for your mother. Be the very best you can be.” He got up and stood at the side of her bed. “Elizabeth, I love you, always and forever. Please, never forget that.”

Elizabeth jumped up and ran to her father. “Please don’t go! Don’t leave us!” Elizabeth’s tears were streaming down her face. “Please, daddy!”

“Please, no tears, my little princess. I will see you again, and I will always be with you. In your heart, memories, and dreams.” He cupped his hand and let it slide down her cheek.

“I love you, daddy.”

He smiled and slowly disappeared.

Elizabeth went to her mother, “Mommy, don’t cry anymore. Daddy will love us forever. He will never really leave us.”

Elizabeth slid into the seat next to her mother, and stared at the open photo album. Pictures of the past.

“Memories. Daddy.” Elizabeth said aloud, looking up. She knew that her father was staring down at them and smiling.

© 2011 Brooklynn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I couldn't help but to shed a tear! Wonderful description of heart wrenching emotions!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


gave me chills

Posted 13 Years Ago


Omg. That was warming, but also had a hint of hurt. This is a very strong piece. You did an awesome job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


you made me cry...wow..love this story.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 7, 2011
Last Updated on February 7, 2011
Tags: Angels, death, sad

Author

Brooklynn
Brooklynn

Cathedral City, CA



Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Miracle Miracle

A Poem by Akshat♥