Can't Be True

Can't Be True

A Story by Brooklynn

ChapterOne

My name is Morgandy Isle. I am 17 years old.
My life used to be perfect. But my father started drinking. He comes home and tries to hit my mother, but I always stop him.
And because I stop him, he hits me.
Id rather be hit then see that man lay one finger on my sweet mother.
I always think that I am just going to run away. But, I never do. I can't leave my mother to fend for herself. I just can't.

 

 

ChapterTwo

I woke up to the sound of glass breaking.
I tossed the covers off of me, got up and followed the noise.
It lead me to the kitchen. I wasn't surprised at what I saw, I was just really pissed.
My mother is on her knees, her long black hair touching the ground, tears spilling down her flawless cheeks. My father stands at the cabinet, swaying, and throwing dishes at the ground next to her, and yelling for her to clean it up.
I go to my mother, help her up, make sure that she is okay, then I turn and face the man I used to call dad.
"It's 8 in the morning and your already f****n' wasted!" I yell
"Get out of here, Morgandy." he mummbles.
"No! Why do you do this to her ? Get drunk and then tourture her ? Why ?!"
His deep blue eyes stare into mine, then he laughs and walks out of the room and to the living room.
I go to my mother and help her clean up the dishes.
"Mom, why do you let him treat you that way ?" I ask.
"Morgandy, he is your father. I love him and you love him." she says, her eyes refusing to meet mine.
"That is not my father!"
"Morgandy, let me clean this up. Why don't you get ready for the day and then go for a walk and calm down ?"
"Are you sure ?" I ask.
"Yes." she finally looks up at me, her silver eyes meeting mine.
I nod, kiss her cheek, get up and walk to my room

 

ChapterThree

I go to my mirror and look at myself.
My long black hair was tangled, my blue eyes looked dark with the smeared eyeliner surrounding them.
I grabbed a towel from behind my door and quickly walked to the bathroom.
I took my clothes off and dumped them in the hamper, then I stepped into the warm embrace of my shower.

When I was done showering, I wrapped my towel around me and quickly walked to my room, locking the door behind me.
I go to my closet and grab a pair of tight black leggings, a jean skirt, a brown tanktop, and my slip on shoes.
I got dressed, then went to my mirror. I stared at myself, and imagined what I was going to do.
I started with my hair, brushing it until all the knots. I grabbed my straightener and straighten my hair. Then, I grabbed my teasing comb, and a bottle of heavy duty hairspray. I teased the top of my hair and hair sprayed it.
When I was done, I looked at my hair and smiled
Perfect, I think.
I grab my face liquid foundation and apply it to my face, then I put the powder foundation.
Now, my eyes.
I put liquid black eyeliner on my eyelids, and then I put black eyeshadow onto the rest of my eye. I put pencil eyeliner to the bottom of my eyes.
I took a few steps back and looked at myself.
I nod, turn and grab my jacket ipod.
I walked out of my room, and quickly out of the front door.
I turned my ipod on and Goodbye My Love by Love Hate Hero comes on.
I smile and start to walk.

 

 

ChapterFour

I walked down the street and into the park.
The park was always isolated. There werent any children in my neighborhood, and teenager and other people go to the nicer newer parks on the other side of town.
But that was fine with me.
I walked to a bench. I sit down, pull my knees to my chest and wrap my arms around them.
I let the music fill my mind, and I look at the park. The swings begging to be plaid on, the wind rustling the leaves in the trees.
I felt a tap on my shoulder, and held in a scream.
I turn around and see this beautiful guy standing there and I cant help but gasp at the sight of him.
I look down at my knees, take a deep breath, then take out my headphones and look at him again.
His lips are pulling back into a breathtaking smile that makes my heart beat fast.
"Hi." he said, his voice strumming a cord deep inside me that I never knew was there.
"Hi." My voice is quiet and that makes him smile even more.
His black hair falls onto his face, I can hardly see his eyes, but when i get a glimpse im surprised to see that they are silver with green flecks. He was tall, maybe about 6'2, and thin. His tight skinnys were worn a little low, revieling a tad bit of his boxers. His tight black shirt hugs him perfectly, inhancing the hard muscles you can just tell are there.
He holds out his hand, and stares into my eyes.
I reach out and put my pale hand on his. He automatically intertwines our fingers and gently pulls me to my feet.
He starts to walk, gently pulling me along with him.
"Where are we going?" I manage to say.
He doesnt say anthing, just keeps walking.
We end up at the swings.
"Sit." he says and I obey.
Then, he goes behind me and starts to gently push me.
The wind lifting my hair off my shoulders.
I sit there, feeling the wind on my cheeks, and feeling the warmth of his hands as they press against my back to push.
"What's your name?" he asks.
Then reality kicks in and I realize that I know nothing about this mysterious boy execpt that he is gorgeous with an amazing voice.
"Morgandy."
"That's a very beautiful name." he says, "I am Aiden Storm. I just moved here."
"Nice to meet you." I say.
"You too."
"You move here with your parents?" I ask.
"No. I am emansipated."
"Oh."
Then it was silent, but it wasn't that awkward silence. It was very comfortable.
He suddenly stops my swing and walks around the front to face me.
He looks into my eyes and smiles, "You have beautiful eyes." he says.
"Thank you."
"Who do you get them from? Your mother or your father?"
"My father." I look down at my hands, folded on my lap.
"You don't want to talk about your father." he says.
"Yeah."
"Okay, then we wont talk about him."
I look up and he is smiling and I cant help but smile back.
"What are you doing at this park? My park is usually empty. I like it that way." I say.
"Oh, well, I saw this very beautiful girl come in here and I thought that I would introduce myself. But, if you want me to go, then I will."
"No, no. I like the company. You make me stop thinking about things that I really don't want to think about."
"Well, good." he smiles.
Aiden looks at his phone and then frowns, "I have to get going. Lets meet here again tomorrow?" he asks, the hope obvious in his voice.
"Yeah." I say
He smiles, then turns and walks away. I watch as his body slowly fades from my view.

 

 

 

Chapter Five

After Aiden is gone, I get up from the swing and start walking home.

When I get home, its really quiet. That meant that my father was passed out somewhere, and my mother was probably out in her garden.
I go down the hall and go into my room, locking the door behind me. I walk to the center of my room and then I sit. The events from this morning suddenly filling my mind. No matter how hard I try and push them away, they keep coming.
Tears start falling down my porcelain cheeks.

My life wasn't always like this. My mother and father were a loving happy couple at one point in time. Every Thursday we would all sit together on the couch, eating very buttery popcorn and watch movies. We used to do so many things.

Then, my father got fired from his job. He started going out and getting drunk. At first he would only yell at my mother and at me. But as his drinking became an everyday thing, he started to hit my mother. I didn't know until one night I came home from my park and my mother was on the floor, her nose bloody, and my father standing over her.

From that point on I tried my best to stop him from hurting my mother. and that usually ended with me getting the bruises and the cuts.

I sat on my floor and cried for hours. I did this every day and it was starting to become a habbit.

"Morgandy! Dinner!" my father yells.

That is the only thing that we still do. Eat dinner as a family, every night.

I get up and go to my mirror, my eyeliner was only a little. Im glad that I started wearing waterproof makeup. I fix my makeup then walk out to the kitchen.

My mother was sitting next to my father, i sat as far from my father as the table would alow. Then I began eating my food as quickly as I could.

"Slow down." my father said.

I ignored him.

"I said slow down!" he yells

"No! You cannot control me! You may be able to hit me but you will never control me!" I shout.

Before I had time to run, my father was at my side. I stood and stared him in the eyes, not showing the fear i held deep inside.

He then punches me. I lose my balance and fall, hitting my head on the table as I go.

Everything went dark. My pain went away and I was filled with such peace. I accepted this dark, peaceful place. Allowing it to take me in, to keep me safe. Then, the image of my mother appeared before me, my eyes began to sting. Before I could reach out the the image, another one appeared, taking me by so much surprise that I nearly scream. Its Aiden Storm, his eyes looking straight at my soul, his smile speeding my heart. Then, as quickly as it appeared, it goes away and Im left in this dark place.

 

 

ChapterSix

The darkness started to fade away, and suddenly i was surrounded by a light taht was way to bright. My head was pounding, and as my eyes began to adjust I realized that I was laying on the kitchen floor. I put my hand to my head and felt the warm liquid soak my hand.
I heard screaming and my eyes instantly found the sorce of the noise. My mother, who is only 5'2 and very thin, was standing infront of my very large father. Screaming at him.
I managed to pull myself up, and make my way over to them.
I got there just as he raised his hand, and was staring at mymother with those eyes I knew so well. I gathered all of my strenght and threw myself at him. He stumbled back, taken off guard, but quickly regained balance. He grabbed me by my hair and I held in the scream. I would not show this man my pain. I would not be weak!
I stared at him, showing no expression on my face.
Then, he started to punch me. I was so weak, and getting weaker everytime his face made contact with my chest and my stomach. I began to gasp as his big fist struck me. Then, the tears I tried so hard to keep hidden, began to slide down my face.
My father, obviously pleased that he made me cry and gasp with pain, threw me to the floor and walked out of the front door.
I laid on the floor, tears streaming now. My mother ran to my side and began to rub my hair, she too was crying.
I looked up into her face, and somehow found the strength to stop my tears, and to sit up. I wipped the tears off my mothers face, and managed a weak smile for her.
"Mom, he's gone. He wont be home until morning. Go rest. I will be fine."
"Honey...."
"Mom, please. You need the rest. Don't worry. I promise I will be just fine. Im tough. Im used to this. Now, please?" I say.
She nods, gets up, and slowly walks away.
I pull myself up using the counter. Then, I walk out the front door, and stumble down the street, heading to the only place I know is safe. The only place that feels like home. To my park.

I get to the park, and to the swings. I then sit, and hold onto the chains. My head was stinging, my chest and stomach screaming with pain.
"Morgandy?" Even though I heard this voice for the first time today, I knew who it was. That voice would forever be apart of me, and I dont know why.
I turn my head and see Aiden.
"Aiden." I whisper.
He runs to me, his arms wrapping around me and filling me with such warmness my pain is nearly forgotten.
"What happened?" he asks.
"My father." I look down.
He put his hand under my chin and makes me look at him.
"Morgandy. Come live with me. Forget about him."
"I cant. I cant leave my mother with that man. Im the only one who stops him from hurting her." I break down, tears running.
"Morgandy, your bleeding. Please,come to my house. Ill clean you up." he says.
I nod and allow him to basicallycarry me to his house.

 

 

Chapter Seven

Aidens house was nice, and it was right across from the park. No wonder he saw me go into the park both times.
He took me through his house and into a room that I assumed was his. There was a big bed, a desk, a bookshelf, a stereo and a TV.
He set me down on his bed, "Stay put, Ill be right back." he said, then he quickly walked out of his room.
I sat on his comfortable bed, my head was pounding, and everything seemed to be spinning. I longed for Aidens arms. For some reason, he makes the pain go away, and not just the pain from my injuries, but the pain in my heart too.
He came back about five minutes later, holding a bottle of hydrogen peroxide, and a wash cloth. He sat next to me, and poured some peroxide onto the cloth and started to clean my head. I gasped each time the cloth made contact.

When he finished, he sat cross-legged and stared at me. His eyes held so much pain it hurt my heart to meet his gaze, but I couldn't look away.
"Morgandy, I am so sorry. I wish that you didn't have to go through all of this." he looked as if he were going to cry.
I reached forward, grasping his hand and holding tightly,"Its not your fault."
He just looked down.
"Aiden, wheres your family?" I ask.
"Gone." he looked up, "My parents were like yours. Except both would hit me. I got emancipated, and haven't talked to them since."
"I'm sorry."
He pulled me gently to him. He wrapped his arms around me, and my whole body felt tingly. I looked up into his eyes, and he looked into mine. I felt so close to him, as if we were one person. All my pain went away, the only feeling I had now was something Ive never felt before. Something inside of me that was growing by the second. Something I couldn't describe. Something I was not used to.

Aiden laid me down on his bed, and covered me, "I'll stay in the guest bedroom."he said.
But, before he could walk away, I called him.
"Yeah?" he turned.
"Can you, um,stay here with me. please."I whispered, afraid that my voice will betray me.
"Are you sure?" he asks.
"Yes."
He nods and comes to the bed. He took his shoes off and lays next to me under the blankets. I scoot closer to him, wishing he would get the hint and wrap his arms around me.
After a few seconds, he does. My body is instantly filled with warmth, peace, happiness, safety, and even love.
I then drifted off into unconsciousness in the arms of Aiden Storm.

 

Chapter Eight

I woke up with Aiden gently poking me. I looked up into his amazing eyes and smiled. I sat up and then my head started pounding, i suddenly reached forward and hugged Aiden. It helped a little.
"You have to get up now. You should get home before you get into trouble."
"Your right."
He helps me up, and then he helps me walk to the door.
"How are you feeling?" he asks as we walk out of the front door.
"My head is killing me."
"I'm sorry."
"Dont apologize. It shows weakness." I say.
"Its okay to show weakness sometimes, Morgandy. You cant be tough all the time. Everyone is weak sometimes."
"I know. But, I try not to be weak. When Im weak he wins. He cant win."
Aiden was quiet then. He intertwined our fingers and we walked in silence to my house.
Just before walking up to my door, Aiden stops me.
"Morgandy?"
"Yeah?"
"Can I, um, can I kiss you?" he asked, his voice was quiet, unsure and hopeful.
"Yes." I said, my voice mimicking his tone not purposefully.
He then puts his hand on the side of my face, and slowly leans his head towards mine. His eyes close, and his lips pause an inch away from mine. I close my eyes just as his warm lips pressed against mine.
It felt as if electricity was running through my veins and I know he felt it too by the way his body tensed up. But, just like me, he relaxed and pulled me closer to him. We were so tightly pressed against eachother that people would think that we were trying to merge together and become one. But on the inside, that was exactly what was happening. Out minds were mixing together, my mind was starting to mush its way through his, trying to learn everything about him. But, I hit a wall. I felt his mind go through mine without problems, felt him learn everything about me. But, no matter how hard I tried, I couldnt get passed that wall.
When we stopped and pulled away, we were sitting on the ground in each others arms. I stared at him, my eyes wide. "What just happened?" I asked.
"Morgandy, there are somethings that you dont know about me. Things that you never thought were possible. Things that I now should explain to you. Things your not going to believe."
"What are you talking about?" i asked
"Morgandy, you are my soulmate and I have loved you for over three hundred years."
I started pulling away from him, trying to move myself backwards.
"Morgandy, everytime we met this happens. Everytime. In every life."
"W-what?" I shake my head, sure Im hearing things because of my head injury.
"Morgandy, I have so much to explain, and now that you sort of know, I have to get you somewhere safe, before they find you and take you away from me again."
He jumps to his feet, picks me up and goes straight into my house.

 

 

Chapter Nine

Aiden goes into my house and I see my mothers startled expression as she sees me held in his arms, and Aidens face set in stone. She slowly stands up and walks toward us, her eyes never leaving mine.
"Morgandy, um?" she whispers.
"Its okay mom. I, um, fell and hurt my ankle. Aiden is just going to help me to my room. Is dad home yet?"
"No, hes not. He should be home soon." she gave me a look that said, and he better be gone unless you want your father to get mad
I nod, and Aidens arms tighten around me. I dont know what hes going to tell me, but I do know that I would forever feel safe in his arms,
"Where's your room?" he asks.
I point down the hall, "First door."
He nods and walks to my door.
He steps into my room, shuts the door, then puts me on my bed. He looks at the ground as he paces back and forth, obviously trying to figure out where to start.
Then he suddenly looks up at me, "Morgandy, when we kissed, did you feel something?"
"Yes."
"What?"
"I felt our minds connect, and electricty run through my veins."I blushed.
he nods, "Me too."
Aiden turns and walks to my bed, sitting and reaching for my hand.
"Morgandy, there is no easy way of explaining this. So, I just have to come out and say it."
I nod.
"Okay. Well, Im immortal. We first met three hundred and twenty years ago. You were sitting, looking beautiful. Your facail expression said you were thinking, and when I went up to you, you looked at me and smiled a smile that broke my heart. From that moment on, I have loved you. You look the same in most of your lives, but sometimes you will be blonde, or a red head, but your eyes are always the same.
"Every lifetime you are taken from me. Just as I found you, and we make the connection and the bond that comes with being soulmates, they take you from me and they end your life. But, they wont this time. I will protect and save you. You are my eternal love, the girl who can make my heart beat fast and slow at the same time. I will not let anything happen to you, my love. I promise."
I just sit and stare at him, his eyes begging me to understand, begging me to throw myself into his arms and tell him that I love him, tell him that it will all be okay. But, I dont. I get up from my bed and walk to my window, closing the blinds and leaning against the wall.
"This is a lot to take in." I whisper.
His arms wrap around suddenly and I gasped.
"I didnt mean to frighten you." He says.
"Who is after me?" I ask.
"Two immortals, a woman and a man. The man is Kevin and the woman is Ally."
"Why do they want to kill me?"
"Because I love you. Immortals arent supposed to have human soulmates."
"Then why have you never turned me immortal?" I ask, spinning around and meeting his eyes.
"Because I still havent figured out how. I got information that there is a man in Europe who knows, I was going to go see him, I thought that you would be okay here. That if I just let that the others would leave you alone, but as I saw you walk to the park that first time, I just couldn't leave you."
"You were here all along?"
"Yes, I have been here for a few months. I just found you. I searched the whole earth, you always appear in different places. This time it was here. "
"Morgandy!" My father yells.
My eyes go wide when my father swings my door open. His face is red, his blue eyes are staring at Aiden and I.
"What do you think is going on here?" he slurred.
"I'm Aiden, sir." I sensed the tone of danger in Aidens voice. His hands were at his sides now, balled into tight fist, and his eyes stared sraight at my father.
"Leave." my father said, but Aiden didnt move.
"I SAID LEAVE!"
Aiden grabbed my hand and walked past my father.
My father grabbedme by my hair, making the wound from yesterday come back to life.
"Morgandy isnt going anywhere. She is in deep trouble."
"Thats why I have to save her." Aiden said, his voice so strong.
"Save her? From who?" my father laughed.
"From you and others."
My father stared at Aiden, I felt his grip on myhair tighten. He took one step towards Aiden, and slammed my bedroom door in his face. Then he looked at me, and smiled.
"Hello, darling." he said, then his fist made contact with my chest.
One, two, five, seven times.
I dropped to my knees and he walked out of the room. I looked up and Aiden wasn't there.
I lay on the ground and felt tears slide down my cheeks, then warm arms wrapped around me and pulled me up.
I looked up at Aiden, tears were spilling down his cheeks and he held me tightly.
"I should have found you earlier, Morgandy. Im so sorry. I should have found you earlier." he whispered

Chapter Ten

"Aiden, dont." I whisper, "You couldn't have known about him. You didn't know. Don't blame yourself."
"If that man puts one more finger on you, Morgandy, I am going to kill him. I promise you that."
I sigh and put my head on his shoulder.
He puts his hand under my chin,lifts my face and press his lips against mine.
The whole world disappears around us, and I again our minds as connecting, this time I didn't hit a wall. My mind went straight through his. I saw every time we met in all of my lives and how every time he saw my smile and my eyes his heart would melt.
I saw his past, how Three hundred and three years ago, when he was just a baby, his father would beat him.
Then I saw that one night, when Aiden was seventeen, a strange man came to him. He changed him somehow that is still unknown to Aiden.
He woke up three days later, and he was impossibly strong and fast, and immortal.

Aiden pulled away, and looked at me, "Now you know."
"Now I know."
There was a loud noise and we both turned towards the window, shards of broken glass lay across my floor and a man and a woman climbed through.
The man was tall, and beautiful. Not as beautiful as Aiden, but pretty gorgeous. His brown hair lay across his forehead, his violet eyes staring straight at me. The woman wrapped her long arms around the mans arms. Her hair was long and blond, her blue eyes were narrowed at me.
"Ah, Morgandy." The man said, "You look as beautiful as ever. Too bad that all has to end soon." he smiled and within three seconds I was in his arms, and Aiden was unconscious on the ground.

 

 

 

PART TWO

 

 

Chapter One

When I woke up, I was tied and was laying on a bed. I looked around but it was too dark to see anything.
"Aiden!" I called out, but got no response.

I lay there for about an hour, then a bright light filled the room. Slowly, my eyes adjusted and I saw a man standing there, looking at me.

"Hello. I am Kevin." he smiled.
"Where is Aiden? Where am I?"
"Oh, Aiden is no longer something you should think about, and dont wonder where you are. You will be dead soon enough." he smiled, "Ally." he said and the door opened and in came this beautiful woman.
"Hello, Morgandy. Its just to bad your little soulmate wont be able to watch your death this time, but Im sure in your next life it will be just as good."

 

Chapter Two

I woke up and my mind was all mixed. I looked around and then everything came back to me. Kevin and Ally. Morgandy.
I jump to my feet and send my mind out, hoping that the connection between Morgandy and I is stronger than the past lives.
If strong enough, then I should be able to tell where she is. In our past lives, I only got to kiss Morgandy once in each life, and that was not enough to strengthen the bond.
I close my eyes and concentrate on Morgandy. Her beautiful smile, her loving eyes.
Then, for the first time, I felt her. I felt exactlly where she was, and before I could really put a name to the place I was already running. Running to my soulmate. My eternal love. My Morgandy!

"He will come." I say, not raising my voice, and try to put as much strength behind my words as I can.
Ally laughed and sat next to me on the bed, "Sweetie, he wont find you. Your bond has never been strong enough for him to find you. Its too bad, I actually think you look pretty in this life."
"Doesnt she?" Kevin smiled.
I laid my head on the pillow and closed my eyes, calling to Aiden with my mind. Hoping somehow he will hear me. But quickly stopping, thinking its impossible.

Aiden Her voice rings through my mind, and makes me run faster.
Hold on, my love, I am coming.
Tears slowly make their way down my cheeks as I run the way our connection is pulling me.

 

 

Chapter Three

The door busted open and Aiden came running in. His eyes were frantic, and dried tears stained his flawless cheeks. His eyes met mine, and a sense of calm washed over him. His eyes taking on the love that he feels. My heart started beating faster, and then I realized that Ally and Kevin were slowly walking to Aiden, and he didn't even know. He was too busy staring at me.
"Aiden!" I yell, and he snaps out of it, quickly back stepping as Ally comes at him.
Kevin came at him next, smiling.
"Hello, little brother." he said.
I was shocked. Why didn't I see that in Aidens mind? Is there still more that he is keeping from me? Is Ally his sister? Does he have a sister?
All my mindless banter quickly stopped as I saw Ally come behind Aiden with this metal object. I couldn't tell what it was, the only thing I knew was that, I have never seen anything like it.
Aiden ducked as she swung it, and the metal stick hit Kevin in the gut. He dropped to his knees, holding his stomach, and I saw the steam rise off of his wound. He lifted his hands and I saw that somehow, the metal burned through the shirt and burned his skin.
Ally was wearing some kind of gloves, and as she hit Kevin she dropped the metal stick and ran to his side.
Aiden quickly came to me, and untied me. His lips desperately met mine, and his hands went into my hair, pulling me closer to him.
"Look what you made me do!" Ally shrieked.
Aiden pulled away and looked over, Kevins wound had opened up, and I could see straight into his stomach.
Ally kissed Kevin on the lips, apologized and ran from the room.
Kevin was laying on the floor, screaming in pain.
Aiden walked over to his side, and put his hand on his brothers head.
"Why have you become this way brother? Why must you try and kill my soulmate every time she appears? Why cant you just see that I will never give up? Why couldnt you let us be? Now, look at you.Dying."
Kevin stared at Aiden, "Because, you are my little brother. Do you remember all those times our parents hit you and I was there to stop them."
"Not every time."
"Most of the time. It was beacause I love you. Just like those times I kill her, it was because I love you. I wanted you to become like me and Ally. You loved Ally once, remember? I thought that after a few hundred years of killing Morgandy, that you would just let yourself forget, and that you would join Ally and I."
"I love Ally until I met Morgandy. Now, I can never forget about her. She is the reason why I havent killed myself with that dam metal stick. Now, the metal is eating away at your insides, killing you brother. Are you sorry at all for what you have done?"
"No!" he gathered his strength and yelled, then his body went limp.
Aiden then turned to me and took me into his arms.

 

 

 

Chapter Four

Aiden carried me home, and once we got there he kissed me passionatly on the lips.
"Morgandy, you are all I evern wanted, and now I have you. Kevin is dead, Ally is still alive, but she doesnt stand a chance against me."
"Aiden, go to Europe. Find that man. Turn me immortal." I begged.
"I cannot leave you, Morgandy. No."
He set me down, and I opened the door and then screamed.
There was blood in the hallway. I looked at Aiden and we ran in. Every step I took was forced. I didnt want to go any farther, afraid of what I will find at the end of this bloody trail. But, I kept going, with Aiden tightly gripping my hand.
We rounded a corner and what I saw made me drop to my knees.
My mother was on the floor, leaning agaisnt the wall. Her eyes looking straight into mine. Her eyes looked very strong and wise. There was blood quickly flowing out of her chest.
unable to get up and run to her side, I crawled. I grabbed a hold of my mother, tears running down my face.
"Mom!"
"Morgandy, its okay. Its time I left. Your father cant hurt me anymore, and he cant hurt you. You have to run, Morgandy. Run away and never come back. Never let your father find you. He swore he was going to do worse to you. Please. Run."
"Im not going to leave you!" I yelled.
"Morgandy, Im dead already! You can still save yourself!" her eyes left me and focused on Aiden, "Take her. Please. Keep her safe." she whispered, growing weak.
Aiden nodded.
"Morgandy, I love you." she said, and then her eyes closed.
I gripped her shoulders and started to shake her, "MOM!" I yelled, tears spilling.
"No! Come back mom! Please! Please!" I fell to the ground, my heart breaking into a million pieces, and my tears running uncontrolable.
Aiden picked me up, and then we left. Obeying my mothers last wish.

 

 

Chapter Five

Aiden carried me to his house and set me down on his bed. I cried.I cried for hours.I cried until my tears ran dry. Aiden sat with me the whole time, rocking me back and forth and sending warm sensations through my body just by holding me.
After almost six hours of crying, I just laid on Aiden.
"Love, I am so sorry." he whispered.
I didnt say anything. I didnt feel like talking. I actually felt like being alone.
I got up and started walking away, and he followed. I turned and looked at him, shaking my head.
He got the hint, "I'll be here when you get back." he whispered, then went back to his room.
I love Aiden, and I know he means well, but I just needed to be a lone.
I walked outside, staying out of the view of people, and walked to this place a few blocks away that had a ton of rocks, that I know no one ever goes. I went, and I sat on the rocks, holding my head in hands. I triedto cry more, but it wouldnt come.
My father killed my mother, and I wasnt there to stop it. But, that wasnt my fault. I almost died myself. But, why does it feel like it is my fault.
If Aiden and I werent inmyroom myfather wouldnt have been that angry.I should have made Aiden take me to his house to talk. I should have tried to reason with my father. I should have tried to do something.
Finally, the tears I thought were gone, came streaming down my face again. Memories of my mother filled my mind.
My cell phone suddenly rang, I looked at the caller id, it said Jade. My best friend since first grade.
"Hello?" I said into the reciever.
"Where are you?" she asked.
"Why?"
"Well, Im at your house, your dad says he hasnt seen you, then he slammed the door in my face. I never did like that man. Because ONE he hits you ! and TWO hes very rude!"
"Im at my friends house. He lives across the street from the park."
"Morgandy, are you okay?"
"No. So much has happened to me today."
"Tell me."
"I will, but in person. Jade, what I am going to tell you have to promise that you will not freak."
"Have you been crying?"
"Just promise me!"
"Okay, okay. I promise."
"Okay. Meet me infront of the park."
"Okie dokie."
-Click-
I tucked the phone back into my pocket and started to walk to the park.

After three hours, it was starting to get dark. I climbed from the rocks and walked back to Aidens house.
When I got there, he had everything packed. I looked up at him, confusion clear on my face.
"Your mother said that we had to leave. That I had to keep you safe. We are leaving, getting as far from your father as we can." he said.
"But, Aiden..."I didnt know what to say.
He pulled me into a hug, and kissed the top of my head, "Its going to be okay, love. I promise."
"I have to go. I'll be right back." I pulled away, and ran out of the front door.
Jade was sitting on the curb across the street. I called her name and she looked up and smiled. She jumped to her feet and ran over to me, throwing her arms around and spinning me in a circle.
"Morgandy!"
"Yes?"
"Hello." she smiled, and grabbed my hand.
"Come on, I want you to meet someone." I said and pulled her to Aidens house.

© 2011 Brooklynn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

love it keep up the good work... i want to read more

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
1 Review
Added on February 7, 2011
Last Updated on February 7, 2011

Author

Brooklynn
Brooklynn

Cathedral City, CA



Writing