Gone

Gone

A Poem by oliviafav
"

I wrote this about a girl who went crazy with drugs, sex, hearing things, and living up to society's standards today, and the title is Gone because its about her losing her innocence.

"
Nothing to do 
nothing to say 
when they're in your head
nothing to lose 
and nothing to gain
when you're brought to bed
the kind lies they whisper softly 
the sweet size you strive to be 
you're just a young girl 
who went off the rails
of who she was supposed to be 

© 2013 oliviafav


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The most impressive part of this poem was the fact that the title was so diverse and related so well to the poem itself. Its rare that I see a title so dynamic. It directly coordinated with the theme of innocence lost, mind gone, and all other things lost when going down the wrong path.

I found the imagery and figurative language to be beautiful, and although I wont have the same reaction to this poem as Glorious originality, I definitely felt like it was a poem that evoked emotion and in some more sensitive folk, tears.

Thank you for sharing this piece, and if you found my review helpful please give it a good rating :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Well that was an apt Title for the poem.....
As it covers all the innocence...sweet things that were 'Gone' from her life......

ThankU for sharing... short yet so powerful piece :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


oliviafav

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much:)
smilempsn

11 Years Ago

ur most welcome :)
*bursts into tears* OHMYGOSH this was awesome( even if it makes cry ma heart out X^ {] )
A girl who listens to what the world thinks girls should be( agh, one of my mortal enemies)
This reminds me of my oldest sister, who is now 27 and lives a few states away. She is all skinny and got married secretly, so my mom couldn`t even see her first born daughter`s wedding ; __ ; ( and he`s an ugly moron)
Thanks so much for this poem

Posted 11 Years Ago


oliviafav

11 Years Ago

Thank you I'm glad you connected to it and liked it:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 29, 2013
Last Updated on April 29, 2013
Tags: teen, sex, drugs, thin, crazy

Author

oliviafav
oliviafav

MI



About
Olivia, 16, just a girl who enjoys to read and write. more..

Writing
Fourteen Fourteen

A Poem by oliviafav