Mirror Image

Mirror Image

A Poem by SandraDee
"

Thinking this may be an epilogue to a story or maybe format it more like a poem. Any feedback welcome

"

I can see her standing there. In front of me. She's looking at me like I'm a stranger. I think she's a stranger, but she looks so familiar. This person, she has similarities to me. Freckles, brown hair, big b***s, a scar above her left eyebrow. But she's so different from me. Her eyes are sunken in and defeated, her body is so skinny, her hip bones are popping out, and her thighs are so skinny. Who has skinny thighs? B***h. As I'm observing her, she's discerning me. I know what she's thinking. It's what everyone thinks of me. She's fat. She's fat. Fat. Fat. I look away from the stranger for a second to glance down at my body. I grab the fat on my stomach and look up, daring that skinny b***h to judge me. As I look up, her eyes pop up. She's also grabbing her stomach, but all she has is a tiny bit of fat on her tiny stomach on her tiny waist on her tiny body. I'm grabbing my fat on my already fat stomach on my already fat body. But we are both grabbing our stomachs. And we both have freckles and we both have a scar and we both are in my bathroom. We are both reaching the pill bottle and holding the bottle. We have a look of terror in our eyes as we hold it. I can see what my face looks like because her face is the same way I'm feeling. I can see it all happening in front of me. In this mirror in my bathroom. It's a mirror. And the stranger is me. I'm so sickly looking, so skinny. But not skinny in a good way like I want. Skinny in a sick, revolting way. So sick I'm clutching a bottle full of pills. So sick I didn't recognize myself. 

© 2014 SandraDee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This would make a very interesting write if it was used to persuade others not to do whatever caused the feelings the viewer got by looking at their self in a mirror. Interesting words. Valentine

Posted 9 Years Ago


Reading it i felt like i had a certain connection with the character, so you did a really good job of letting the reader sympathize with the character. And the conflicted emotions the character where very insightful as to the personality of the character. So basically good job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


wow, that was extremely powerful!!!! you were able talk about an issue that many people won't write about, getting inside a mind of a person, who don't have any confidence or anything like that!!! an amazing job!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 15, 2014
Last Updated on December 15, 2014

Author

SandraDee
SandraDee

Saginaw, MI



About
I'm a very inexperienced writer but I want to start sharing my works more..

Writing
Kansas Sky Kansas Sky

A Story by SandraDee


Uncle Frank Uncle Frank

A Story by SandraDee


Cryptid Cryptid

A Story by SandraDee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..