How to survive in a zombie world

How to survive in a zombie world

A Story by Alisha.

Alisha’s guide:
How to survive in a zombie world

This is a situation that cannot have any risks taken; EVERYTHING must be personally overseen by the head of the compound/person or persons in charge. No one is to be let out of quarantine without the order from said person, no gates to be open, no missions set out on and NO outsiders let in.


LIVING CONDITIONS:
1. Build a wall surrounding your chosen area of living that can neither be (a. climbed nor (b. pushed over or destroyed by a large mob.(The wall must surround a large enough area that you can accommodate any survivors and a large quantity of supplies)
2. Only have ONE main entrance/exit to the compound. The main entrance/exit must have the MOST HEAVILY GUARDED gateway and MUST have an entrance sector for preliminary quarantine. (The entrance sector gates to the outside may ONLY be opened AFTER the main sector gates are CLOSED, ONLY if there is a reason for them to be opened and ONLY for the time it takes for that reason to cross the threshold)
3. Every entrance/exit MUST have at ALL times SIX or more guards.
4. Divide the compound into sectors with equally strong walls and gateways. (This prevents infection to areas that have not been breached)
5. Under NO circumstances are ANY gateways to be left open. All gateways are to be LOCKED and HEAVILY GUARDED from 6:00pm (18:00 hours) till 7:00am (07:00 hours) EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.
6. Set up a quarantine room with 50 – 200 cells (quarantine MUST be in the main sector/compound entrance)
7. ALWAYS set up the farming sector farthest away from the main sector/compound entrance sector.
8. Should anyone wish to study an infected UNDERSTAND that the study MUST take place OUTSIDE the compound ONLY by people willing to die. (I suggest you build your own smaller facility, do not expect help and DO NOT expect to be let back in to the main compound without going through a 3 week quarantine)
9. Animals brought in for farming or butchering purpose must also go through the quarantine process, Each individual animal MUST be fully vet checked or body scanned (have their ENTIRE body thoroughly checked for cuts, bites, scratches and strange abrasions) whilst in quarantine.
10. Under NO circumstance is ANYONE to shower in unknown water, nor drink from unsealed bottles. If you cannot be sure that the water is NOT infected, DO NOT use it.

11. Mesh AND netting must be used as roofing over the entire compound to prevent infected bugs and birds from infecting those within the compound.

 


RULES FOR TROOPS - SCOUTING PARTYS:
1. NEVER park a vehicle within 3 meters of an inanimate object large enough to hide even one single infected.
2. NEVER investigate unknown noise or movement. (if its an infected or survivor they will come out; no need to go looking for them)
3. NEVER leave the MAJOR scouting party with LESS than 3 trained troops.
4. A scouting party must ALWAYS consist of 3 vehicles or more. At least 1 vehicle must be large enough to carry any supplies/survivors. Each vehicle must contain 4 troops.
5. Under NO circumstances will ANY untrained civilians be allowed to sign up for a scouting party mission.


RULES FOR QUARRANTINE:
1. All survivors MUST spend 2 - 4 weeks in quarantine
2. Survivors who clear quarantine must be IMMEDIATELY escorted to sector 2 for sector assignment
3. ANY person or persons who are unwell are ALWAYS to be suspected of infection and must be IMMEDIATELY put in quarantine along with ANY person they may have come into direct contact with and their assigned sector put in 5 week lock down.
4. Any persons who have CERTINLY and WITHOUT A DOUBT been infected are to be treated so (NO direct contact with said person, handlers MUST be in FULL body protection) and said person is taken IMMEADIATLY to separate quarantine area and put to death. IMMEDIATELY quarantine ANY person they may have come into direct contact with and their assigned sector put in 5 week lock down.

 

RULES FOR TROOPS - TROOP TRAINING:
1. NO person UNDER 16 or OVER 35 will be allowed to sign up for troop training.
2. NO troops UNDER 18 will be allowed to participate in ANY offsite missions and must remain at their assigned post WITHIN the compound (Unless they are specifically chosen to accompany the missions troops by the head of the compound)
3. NO person who is an unhealthy weight for their height and NO person who has potentially crippling illnesses/injuries (for example asthma, heart conditions, deformities) may sign up for troop training.
4. ALL troops must have at least 1 form of hand to hand combat training and know how to handle a firearm.

 

 

RULES FOR MISSION REQUEST:
Anyone may request that troops perform a mission on their behalf.
1. All mission requests MUST be reviewed by the compound leader/person or persons in charge.
2. Troops and ammunition WILL NOT be risked for stupid reasons like “I want to take a leisurely stroll outside the compound” or “I want to go find my pet”.
3. No circumstances will prohibit missions to find surviving friends or family members (NO, “friends or family members” does NOT include pets)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If i come up with anything else i'll add it later.

© 2008 Alisha.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good list, but remember usually the most dangerous thing to your survivors are... other survivors.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is completely HOT! A great piece of work. I'm a big zombie enthusiast and trying to put together my own zombie novel. Anything zombified interests me. Keep up the good work!

Posted 15 Years Ago


This story really caught my attention. It reminded of Resident Evil or I am Ledgend. Sometimes, I think about zombies and the rules on how to survive a Government Mistake. Again, the story was in good taste and it caught my attention.

Posted 16 Years Ago


The problem is the flies, they feed on the zombies then sick up on your fdoughnuts, and I've never seen them feature in a zombie movie yet ...

I really liked this piece as quite a few of my friends write zombie stories. It's inevitable that a writer / filmmaker is going to break at least five of those rules in each movie, especially when it comes to the rescuing loved ones bit.

Have you seen The Serpent and the Rainbow ?

Posted 16 Years Ago


Oh, i must say it was fun.
But dont you think it show's my paranoia?

Zombies are scary.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Zombie Nation...Living Dead Girl....Sean of the Dead---Its all there! What a curiously creative idea. I bet this was fun to put together.
~Lorraiyne

Posted 16 Years Ago


LMAO. I love it. Very nicely done. Keep up the good work.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 12, 2008
Last Updated on March 13, 2008

Author

Alisha.
Alisha.

Australia



About
Umm... Hi, i'm Alisha, I'm a really bad writer but i get bored so i try. I love to read. I love movies too but reading is so much better beacuse it gives you a closer look at the world the creator i.. more..

Writing
Prologue: Prologue:

A Chapter by Alisha.


1. Jessica layne 1. Jessica layne

A Chapter by Alisha.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..