If I Dared to Dream

If I Dared to Dream

A Poem by N.E. St. Andrew

Would I sell myself short if I dared to dream?

 

With tangible evidence that I am given more than I could ever imagine.

 

Even if it doesn’t come wrapped in the pretty package created in my visions?

 

Would I sell myself short to not dream at all?

 

To find contentment in the knowledge that I Am and that it is enough.

 

Dare I dream and fall short, maybe feel unworthy?

 

Do I sell myself short by playing the pawn in the war of faith and ego?

 

Could I ever aspire to the greatness of my dreams if I try to name them and put them in a well thought out time frame?

 

Can it be enough to not know who I am, what I am to be and who I will be remembered by for whatever deeds I may commit in greatness or in folly?

 

Do I dare to question hope and faith because I cannot see their face?

 

Do I dare to dream?

© 2014 N.E. St. Andrew


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like questions in a poem and you share some good ones with us...Bravo...........................

Posted 9 Years Ago


To find contentment in the knowledge that I Am and that it is enough.
Dare I dream and fall short, maybe feel unworthy? Very well done, love these lines! To dream and to fall short is the fear of many, and you have brought this across clearly to the reader!


Posted 9 Years Ago


This is just fascinating. Well penned.
Always Believe in your Dreams.
maria rose♥

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
3 Reviews
Added on November 14, 2014
Last Updated on November 14, 2014

Author

N.E. St. Andrew
N.E. St. Andrew

About
I can feel words just waiting to burst out of the depths of my mind that I have buried deep under indecision and a feeling of incompetence. I wrote for years as an angst ridden teen and I've dipped my.. more..

Writing
Ch 1 Ch 1

A Chapter by N.E. St. Andrew