Demon

Demon

A Story by onion demon

     I stood there, looking at myself in the mirror wondering how anyone could be so heartless. I had commited a crime. A crime so bad, I was practically waiting for the cops to show up and throw me in the slammer. Not that I didn't do my homework beforehand, I knew full well that the minimum penalty for murder was seven years.  You'd think that would be incentive enough to stay out of trouble. But this was important. I glanced over at the window just in time to see police cars make their way on to my street. 
     This was not me. I'm not like the other felons I was about to spend the next few years with in jail. They're most likely going to ask me why I did it. I know I can't tell them, that's for sure. It told me not to, just like it told me to kill that old man. It doesn't like it when I take my medications, says they overpower it's voice. I had to flush my pills, or "there would be consequences". I have to keep this to myself though, I have to obey orders. It hasn't been to happy with me lately, says I can't follow instructions properly. I would kill to know who's saying these things. Or rather, I did kill.
     I could see the cops talking to my dad. It says that I should just kill him too, I hope it doesn't actually make me do that. Although, it seems like I have no control over anything these days. It tells me to eat, I eat. It tells me to kill, I kill. Or else. I could hear my father telling them there's been a huge mistake, that his son would never do anything of the sort. The footsteps coming up stairs become louder and louder. It all happened so fast, I can't believe I took someone's life. But I had no choice, it would have probably come for me if i didn't do exactly what was asked.
     How did they know it was me? D****t! I must have dropped my knife near the scene of the crime. It told me to be extra careful, I hope I don't get punished for getting caught. At least I'll be safe from it in jail, I hope. Who would want me to kill an innocent old man? Only some kind of demon. But then again, maybe I'M the demon.

© 2015 onion demon


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting prospective, it is said there is a demon inside us all just waiting to exploit us, your poem enforces that saying. It is an entertaining story and gives one cause to take a second and make sure they have their own demon in check. I don't know about using the term slammer, it is pretty outdated along with jug, can and clink.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I must say, very interesting take on schizophrenia!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 20, 2015
Last Updated on June 20, 2015