My Endearing Grandson

My Endearing Grandson

A Story by Onku Ghosh
"

A peek into my little grandson's world

"

Since my kids are all grown up and lead lives of their own, here I will mainly tell you about my 5yr old grandson. Well, his name is Calvin....I am sure you can guess the reason.
Calvin firmly believes he is a reincarnation of Spiderman. He eats spiderman cookies carries water to school in a spiderman bottle ,uses spiderman toothpaste .,wears spiderman T-shirts and socks. He also dreams of spiderman in his sleep During his waking hours he is only talking of spiderman and his antics . Sometime back, on his 5th birthday I had gifted him a card where I had drawn spiderman and to highlight the picture I had used a little gold dust. On seeing the card he commented "Nani spiderman is not a girl, why have you used gold colour on him?
That reminds me,Calvin simlply detests girls. He refuses to invite a single girl to his birthday bash. Girls, according to him are a nuisance because they cannot participate in the rough and tough games that boys play,they cry unnecessarily and.......... When asked what about his Mom, Thamu & Nani- being girls too he wittily replies ....but they are family. I remember, even as a baby he disliked being hugged or kissed by girls. He used to show his displeasure by trying to bite them.
Now that he has turned five, he considers himself to be in the same league with his Dad and has started emulating him. He tries to talk the same way his dad does., using the very same words or phrases. When I last called him over the phone, he said "I am too busy to talk to you now." (Not that I am trying to imply that his dad ever used these words) When he was here a month back, one day his mom and I were talking about how his swimming lessons were getting along he quipped in "Nani I'm an awesome swimmer with floats.'' We burst out laughing.
Calvin's endearing nature has stolen all our .hearts. .He is basically a very good natured boy and feels for everyone. While watching television he hates to see any scene where someone is dying, be it a human or an animal.He draws very well and most of his depictions are evolved around spiderman- baby spiderman, spiderman fighting, spiderman throwing his web around an adversary and so on. Of late Calvin has taken to posing as the spiderman himself when his picture is being clicked .
I guess I must end here. Due to my emotional attachment with my grandson I can write pages after pages on him, without seeming to tire but I shall not induce you'll to sleep.

© 2013 Onku Ghosh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Nani's perfect Nati!
I love your amazing story about Calvin.
His detests to girls may be watched carefully so that it does not turn as misogynist attitude.
His love and passion for spiderman is really a lovely affair.
I adore your strong grip on English.
Thanks for sharing a true story.:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I think we take special pleasure and delight in our grandchildren, and as you've so well detailed, your Calvin is a gem. It seems only a few years ago that my youngest son was a lot like him. Endearing, indeed.

Posted 10 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Amy
You really love your grandson and i admire that...:) Family is important; grandchildren are a priceless gift... i enjoyed reading this. please do write some more about Calvin... i am curious to know if he still dislikes being hugged by girls.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Amy

10 Years Ago

that is good to know. i will wait patiently to see that poem. :)
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Onku Ghosh

10 Years Ago

some day soon enough.
such a cute and well written description of your grandson, he truly seems like an adorable kid.
thank you for sharing :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Onku Ghosh

10 Years Ago

Thank you Annabelle for your kind words
annabellee

10 Years Ago

you're most welcome :)
An enchanting story of Calvin...please write more about him...enjoyed this captivating piece...Rose

Posted 10 Years Ago


Onku Ghosh

10 Years Ago

Thanks a ton ,Rose
Very nicely penned, effective writing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Onku Ghosh

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much
Your story has gotten me to love Calvin! The details of his little boy life really draw the reader in; in my mind's eye, I could see him with his Spiderman paraphernalia, trying to be like his daddy and pushing away the feminine. I'm sure your grandson will give you plenty of writing material as the years go by, Onku! Thank you for sharing this! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Hmm.. this site gets buggy sometimes. Usually, when I am having trouble with it, I log out and the .. read more
Zahra

10 Years Ago

Can be due to slow internet speed.
Onku Ghosh

10 Years Ago

Yes it could be.Thank you for trying to help me out
Loved the story too. good one

Posted 10 Years Ago


Onku Ghosh

10 Years Ago

thanks cassie
Nani's perfect Nati!
I love your amazing story about Calvin.
His detests to girls may be watched carefully so that it does not turn as misogynist attitude.
His love and passion for spiderman is really a lovely affair.
I adore your strong grip on English.
Thanks for sharing a true story.:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

774 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 24, 2013
Last Updated on May 24, 2013

Author

Onku Ghosh
Onku Ghosh

Kolkata, West Bengal, India



About
I am a homemaker interested in writing poems, painting, coking, gardening, travelling and surfing the internet more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Beat Beat

A Poem by mcg03002