Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Dean's a pie lover

You yawned and threw your head back a little, resting against the Impala's leather seat and closing your eyes. YOur body was tired from sitting for over half a day. You needed sleep...and very soon.
Dean was still driving without any sign of tiredness. His features were hard and you could clearly tell he wasn’t enjoying this as well. Nobody liked the situation you all got into but there was no other way. Separating your ways was the best option as of the moment.
“This looks nice,” you pointed at a near hotel as Dean drove through Kansas City and put your left hand on his leg, catching his attention instantly, “please, can we stop for a nap?”
He looked at the hotel and nodded, parking the Baby right next to it. You turned your head as you heard someone talking loudly outside. A man around his early 30’s was loudly talking about God and trying to give passing people a piece of paper with some text on it. Probably something about God too.
Dean shut the motor down and turned in his seat to get your duffle bags full of clothes from the back seat. Silently, he exited the car, you following right behind him.
“God’s love is for you. Okay. God blesses,” you heard the man say as you shut the car’s door. Dean was next to you in a minute. You walked side by side, Dean carrying both yours and his bag.
“Excuse me,” the man spoke again, this time talking to you. You tried to ignore him but your politeness and curiosity stopped you, making you stop in your tracks.
“Have you taken time out to think about God’s plan for you?” he asked you, gesturing his hand and handling you a paper with large ‘GOD is LOVE’ written on a red crucifix.  You took the paper from him, reading the words written underneath the headline.
Dean stopped right after you, turning to look at the younger man he found extremely annoying. He ripped the paper from your hand as he said: “To frigging much, pal,” to him.
Dean turned back, opening and holding the hotel’s door for you. You mouthed silent ‘Sorry’ to a slightly shocked man and entered the building, making your way towards the reception.

image
“We’re talking about the Colt, right?” Dean said to Cas, who was on the other side of the phone, as you were drawing back the curtains, making a comfortable darkness inside your shared room so you could sleep peacefully without sun interrupting you.
“I mean, as in The Colt?” he asked Cas as he watched you from across the room as you were getting your bed ready for use. Your body was aching, begging to just lie down and sleep for days.  It amazed you how sitting in the car for hours was worse for your body than fighting some demon or a monster.
“That doesn’t make any sense. Why would demons keep a gun that kills demons?” Dean furrowed his brows, looking at you while thinking about the possible reason demons would actually want to keep The Colt. He was tired, as you were, and his brain just wouldn’t start working properly.
You slid under the sheets, laid your head down on the comfortable pillows and watched Dean make his way towards the fridge so he could put his beers in there.
“That’s funny, talking to a messenger of God on a cell phone,” he chuckled and you rolled your eyes, his childlike behaviour amusing you. How could this person, who is practically a big baby, be someone who kills monsters on a daily basis? You still couldn’t understand that but you were thankful for meeting him. Thankful that you got to see the side of him not so many people see. You could say you are lucky he allowed you into his life so much that you know practically everything about him.
You smiled a little over those facts, Dean’s presence bringing happiness to your life full of failures. At least you had that one light you knew will always be there. Someone you could come to at any time and feel welcomed and cared about.
“It’s like, y’know, like watching a Hells Angel ride a moped,” he leaned against a kitchen counter, looking at you. He watched as you buried your head in your pillow, closing your eyes and trying to sleep. You knew that if there was something important Cas needed to say, he wouldn’t let Dean stupidly joke around.
“Okay. All right. I’m telling you, Cas, the mooks have melted down the gun by now,” you heard Dean say, keeping his voice low so he wouldn’t disturb you that much. Dean pushed himself off of the counter and made his way towards you, towering over your visibly smaller form and bending down to kiss your temple.
“Good night,” he whispered while still listening to Cas. You hummed in response, too tired to even say something. The corners of his lips turned up a little at your response before he made a way to his side of the bed, sitting down.
“Okay. Where do we start?” his voice started to fade away as you drifted to sleep you craved for hours by now. Everything turned black, Dean’s voice along with the sound of cars and a city life outside faded into silence, the welcomed sleep finally taking over you.
image
You woke up to a cold and empty bed, not feeling Dean’s warmth anymore.
“So you’re his vessel, huh?” you opened your eyes to see Dean bent down, grabbing a beer and giving you a good view on his a*s…not that you were complaining. You furrowed your brows the moment you realized what Dean just said.
“Who is it?” you asked quietly as Dean rapidly turned around, surprised you were awake. He mouthed a quite ‘Sam’ followed with: “Lucifer’s wearing you to the prom?”
“Put him on speaker,” you ordered Dean as the conversation became more interesting, your curiosity slowly waking you up. Dean, clad in one of his green shirts and a navy tee underneath, walked to the window as he put his phone on a speaker, making you able to hear his conversation with his younger brother.
“Just when you thought you were out, they pull you back in, huh, Sammy?” he said with a sad undertone in his sleepy voice.
“So that’s it? That’s your response?” Sam said a little angrily.
“What are you looking for?” Sam’s older brother responded and looked at your form clothed in one of his old shirts you used for sleeping and a pair of older shorts. You frowned at him, not happy with such a calm behaviour. His brother was supposed to be Lucifer’s vessel for God’s sake! That’s not something good. That’s actually not good at all. It’s bad…very bad.
“Maybe be a little more…carrying towards Sam,” you scolded him at the same time Sam said: “I don’t know, a little panic, maybe.”
“I guess I’m a little numb to earth-shattering revelations at this point,” Dean answered his brother as he looked at you, almost like he was saying the same thing to you.  He sipped his beer and sat on the bed.
“What are you gonna do about it?” Sam asked as you scooted closer to your companion so you could hear more clearly.
“What do you wanna do about it?” Dean corrected the question. You had enough of his numbness and carelessness towards this problem, so you took the phone from his hand while listening to Sam, who just pleaded to come back in.
“Sam,” Dean sighed and before you got a chance to finally say something, Sam interrupted you both by saying: “I mean it. I’m sick of being a puppet to these sons of b*****s! I ‘m gonna hunt him down.”
“You crazy?!” you raised your voice as you heard Sam’s idea. Was he seriously thinking he could hunt Lucifer himself down and kill him for good? That was impossible.
“Crystal?” Sam was shocked; you could hear it in his voice. He wasn’t expecting you to be listening to their conversation.
“You can’t hunt Lucifer down. Not on your own, Sam,” you said to him, getting frustrated with the Winchesters and their liking in suicidal missions. You massaged your temples as you listened to Sam.
“Look, guys, I can do this. I can. I’m gonna prove it to you,” he said, a little desperation in his voice.
There was a silent pause as Dean sighed and you tried to collect your thoughts to say something to the suicidal thinking brother on the other side of the phone.
Dean took the phone from you and said:”Look, Sam, it doesn’t matter.”
He then got up from the bed and walked to the leather chair on the other side of the room and sat down.
“Whatever we do…It turns out that you and me, we’re the fire and the oil of the Armageddon,” Dean continued to talk with his brother as you decided that maybe it’d be better to let them talk it out, “Y’know, on that basis alone, we should just pick a hemisphere.”
There was a short pause when Dean looked at you before turning his gaze to the window as he said: “Stay away from each other.”
“Dean-“ you wanted to say something but was interrupted by Sam, who said: “It does not have to be like this. We can fight it.”
You nodded in agreement even though Sam couldn’t see you and Dean wasn’t looking in your direction.
“Yeah, you’re right, we can. But not together,” Dean said, looking at the floor, his face showing no emotion at all.
“Dean, this is a bad idea,” you said to him, shaking your head. You knew what was about to come, you could read him like no one else and he knew that damn well too. He looked you in the eyes as he continued to talk with his brother but this time he turned off the speaker so you weren’t able to hear Sam anymore.
“We’re not stronger when we’re together, Sam,” the older brother explained, leaning forward and resting his elbows on his knees, “I think we’re weaker because whatever we have between us…love, family…whatever it is, they are always gonna use it against us and you know that.”
You watched with a sad expression as Dean closed his eyes, leaning back against the leather chair.
“Yeah, we’re better off apart. We got a better chance of dodging Lucifer and Michael and this whole damn thing if we just go our own ways,” Dean finished and hung up with but not before he said: “Bye, Sam.”
He then closed his phone and rubbed his head, tiredness and this conversation taking a turn on him.
“Dean, you should just-“
“Let’s sleep,” Dean didn’t let you finish as he stood up and walked back to you, sliding under the sheets and turning the lamp off without another word.
“If you need to talk, y’know I’m always here,” you said to him but all you got was a hum. He turned his back to you, not feeling like talking and let sleep take over him. You weren’t happy with how the things turned out and you definitely didn’t want the brothers to fall apart.
You laid back down, feeling the tiredness coming back. You turned your body to face Dean’s back and scooted closer till you were able to throw your arm over his hip, letting it rest there comfortably as you spooned him.
He didn’t budge nor tried to remove your arm, letting you be. You then closed your eyes, letting the so wanted sleep take over you.

image

Something was different this time. The sheets were gone, leaving you laying on something hard and uncomfortable. Your head laid on Dean’s chest and you could feel his heart beat regularly. He was still sleeping, this time on his back with one arm around you and the other one hanging from the bed.
The brightness of the day woke you up. You opened your eyes and sat up, the bed underneath you squeaked as you moved.
Something was definitely off. The room didn’t look the same as it did before. The fridge was gone; the counter was covered in dust as was the rest of the furniture and paint on walls was grey, somewhere even black, and peeling off.  As you put your hand on the bed, you could feel the coldness of metal against your palm.
“What the hell?” you furrowed your eyebrows as you looked down. The bed was stripped down. No pillows, no blankets…not even a mattress was there.
“Dean,” you shook him but he wasn’t moving.
“Dean, wake up!” you shook him again, this time harder. He finally moved a little, letting you know he was awake.
“Crystal,” he mumbled your name and opened his eyes. The first thing he saw was your face full of panic. He then looked around, only to see what you’ve seen before. He got off the bed immediately, walking to the middle of the room. He looked around the room he couldn’t recognize anymore.
You stood up as well, walking over to the window. The glass was shattered, leaving the window opened. You leant out only to see Kansas City totally destroyed. The buildings were missing floors, burned cars were standing in the middle of the streets, all shops were robbed and the whole city looked like some tornado came through.
“Dean, you need to see this,” you turned to Dean who was currently studying the room. He looked at you before walking to you. You let him have a look at the city, still trying to wrap your head around what happened.
"What the hell..."


© 2018 Dean's a pie lover


Author's Note

Dean's a pie lover
Remember, feedback is always appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
Added on June 24, 2018
Last Updated on June 24, 2018
Tags: supernatural, dean winchester, castiel, endverse!dean, endverse dean


Author

Dean's a pie lover
Dean's a pie lover

Austin, TX



About
I'm a young 18 yo writer mostly interested in writing fan fiction as of the moment. You can find my work on my Tumblr as well as a few pieces here. Enjoy! more..

Writing