In the face of death

In the face of death

A Poem by Onlyme

In the face of death
do we regret or decisions
in life?

And wish to return again
and relive it again differently?

Or do we just accept death
with open arms with peace
in our hearts and minds?

The Ultimate questions only
answered on our time of death.

© 2019 Onlyme


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Masterful questioning of the ultimate equalizer. Profound message and with depth. Faced with death or the ultimate exit of this world, do we accept or reject this truth???
To those who believe in life after death, should have hope that is is not the end but merely a passage to another world .

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Onlyme

5 Years Ago

Thank you Sami,
Sami Khalil

5 Years Ago

You are welcome...
Zahara

5 Years Ago

A very thought provoking poem. Keep it up!



Reviews

Dear Dawn, I believe that in that moment there will be a higher warming power that will embrace us, comfort us, make it easy for us, I've heard before that the process of birth is more difficult than the process of passing away, this I also believe in, because we simply are going to our real home.

Posted 5 Years Ago


just a thought to smooth this out a bit...i would take out the second "again" in the second stanza.
j.

Posted 5 Years Ago


I always have these questions! I am trying to live and let go! Whatever will be, will be!
Thank you for sharing!

Posted 5 Years Ago


I watched this movie once, in which the guy was given a chance to change some decisions by going back in time. And every time, he just found new ways to repeat the same thing. I think regrets and decisions are all part of us growing old and learning from it than really wanting to relive life. And I think there are very few of us who really, openly accept death with peace in our minds. I know about myself, I see it as an escape mainly...
Interesting, thought provoking write. Nicely penned, D.

Posted 5 Years Ago


A wonderful write here...so beautiful loved It. keep it up


Posted 5 Years Ago


Death is like Gravity, it pulls you down, and there is no escape, It is always there, just behind you, the secret is to enjoy the now and turn the music f*****g loud

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Onlyme

5 Years Ago

Exactly Gram, enjoy the present. thanks Dawn.
Death is inevitable. I scarcely believe there isn't a single one of us that wouldn't, if they could, change some awful decision they have made in their lives. Of course it doesn't necessarily have to be so horrible, but one that we recognize as having been the wrong one or thing to do at the time.
Take care - Dave

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Onlyme

5 Years Ago

Thank Dave for the thoughts. Dawn.
Whether decisions were right or wrong, if we did what we thought was right at the time then we have nothing to regret, we cannot possibly get everything right. I look upon this life as a learning curve to whatever comes next and if there is nothing then i never willingly hurt anyone... RIP.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Onlyme

5 Years Ago

Nicely expressed Stella and I agree with your thinking.
I hope I will never have to face that question Dawn. I'd like to go without a moment to think of the past, just with my loved ones with me. Peace please, no irritations at the end :) What a thought you gave posed here.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Onlyme

5 Years Ago

I know what you mean Chris. Like passing quietly in your sleep. I was talking to a lady the other da.. read more
Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

Couldn't ask for a better exit. No angst, no pain just lights out :)
Onlyme

5 Years Ago

Exactly Chris.
in Oedipus Rex, at the end the chorus talks about a man being on his death bed and basically having a clear conscience...having done all he or she could to balance the ledger of bad acts and good acts.
this reminds me.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Onlyme

5 Years Ago

Thanks Jacob.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 17, 2019
Last Updated on February 17, 2019

Author

Onlyme
Onlyme

United Kingdom



Writing
Dawn Dawn

A Poem by Onlyme



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..