"Old Macdonald bought the farm"

"Old Macdonald bought the farm"

A Story by kris

For sale:

Farm, 40 acres, complete with cows, pigs, ducks etc. etc...Old farmer looking to quit this business. I've had this place for longer than anyone can remember, and i just cant take it anymore..what with the mooing here, the oinking there and the quacking quacking everywhere...Not to mention the giant, steaming piles of E-I-E-I-O. Anyway, Winter has set in and all the livestock has hunkered down, so i dont have much to do, going from the constant refrain to nothing is making me feel quite irrelevant, and at my age, thats not good. Ah Screw it, im gonna go stick a gun in my mouth..except the song didnt provide for me having a gun, quick can somebody add a new verse.."Old Macdonald had a gun, E-I-E-I-BLAM!!!

© 2008 kris


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I see what you mean: it's quite witty and stays on the path. Poor old MacDonald.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Funny add on to the old children's rhyme. Darn that David Hasselhoff!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Love this. Clever re-telling of an old favorite.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I agree with Daniel, it started at something and then lost consistency, somehow, somewhere... it's still clever humour, and like Elisabetta said, it'd do the trick for a drunk tale.

aLejanDro

Posted 16 Years Ago


Oh my god! That is f'ing hilarious!!! I just about spit my coke out once I started reading and realized it was about Old MacDonald. I think it will be a fun drunk fairy tale to tell.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Chuckle ... humour and a political pundit at the same time ... made me smile awhile ... write on kris ...

Posted 16 Years Ago


wow this one is a clever write. Welcome aboard. Great dry humor here

Posted 16 Years Ago


Brilliantly clever! The humor in this one is delightful. Very unique and well written. Welcome to the cafe. I look forward to reading more of your work. Lydia

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 17, 2008

Author

kris
kris

Evans, CO



About
My writing varies between the ridiculous and insane, the heart felt honesty and the shallow sarcastic jerk, with the occasional suicidal fantasy. I often puncuate the especially good stuff with the po.. more..

Writing
"Good Enough" "Good Enough"

A Poem by kris


"Dirt Nap" "Dirt Nap"

A Poem by kris


"Nameless" "Nameless"

A Poem by kris



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..