Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Patience

 

            Being the new girl is always difficult, let alone being a new girl from a whole other country. My papa said that he wanted to see why all of his friends were talking about how great America was. Papa said English is a useful language to learn, so what better place to learn it then a school. Walking in, I am amazed by how different it is from my old Parisian school back at home. Color, and creativity caress every wall, and teenagers crowd every corner.

            Right away I notice the groups that are here, from the kids who hate the world, to the ones that their triceps are bigger then their brains. But there is one person that catches my eye, he’s tall, with dark hair, his cologne lingers around him, and a girl at his side, who, I’m guessing, is his petite fille. He has the “Captain of the Football team” vibe, and she is blond with a short skirt, which means she must be a cheerleader. As they turn away, their names flash before me on their sports T’s: “Trevor White” and “Gabriella  Wild”.

            I never thought that getting used to a place so different would be this hard. First day of school, and I already like someone. Back at home, in this situation, a letter would be written in red ink, and given to them expressing how you feel. But here, with all the phones, and computers, letter writing seems so old fashion. On my way to my third period English class, I ponder my options, should I just forget about the whole thing, and go on with the next 2 years of High School. With the chance of regret?  Or should  tell him how I feel?

             I decide to act on my emotions. With the letter in hand, I make my way to fourth period. I was looking down at my feet, in my own little world, to avoid eye contact with anyone. Until the contact, and the books falling on the floor brought me back to earth. Before looking up, the smell of cologne fills my lungs. “Hey, sorry, I didn’t see you there,” the boy says, brushing back his hair, “Are you the new girl everyone is talking about?” With a loss of words all I can mumble is “Oui, My name is Vanessa. I just moved here over the weekend.” I felt intimidated by his stare and smiled childishly at him, and bent down to pick up my books, while slipping the letter into his notebook.  “Well, it was nice to meet you, Vanessa,” he replied, picking up his fallen things and walked away. Frozen in place, thinking about what I had just done, I realized I am late for Social Studies.

            During lunch, anxiety overwhelms me when I noticed that Gabriella was approaching me, her friends not that far behind. I didn’t understand what she wanted until I noticed an unfolded paper with red ink in her hand. I knew I should have just forgotten the whole thing, and went on with my life. “I’m guessing you’re the one who wrote this?” Gabriella said, she looked at me as if I was nothing compared to her. “I hope you know who I am, and who I know. You best not think that you will have a chance with Trevor, he is way better then you, and besides, he is mine.” She rips up the letter, and shoves in it my carton of milk. With a snicker, she struts to the other side of the cafe. Watching my milk turn red, I stand up and walk over to the nearest trash can. I thought: what was so amazing about her anyways? She seemed rude, and self absorbed...

              My train of thought was interrupted by a female scream, followed by a male’s. It sounded exactly like Gabriella, and Trevor were fighting! The only audible words were “You know what Gabby? You are way to self centered! We are over!”  “What!? No one breaks up with me!” Gabriella cries loud enough to draw the attention of everyone in the cafeteria. As I near the group of people that was surrounding them, I hear someone yell my name, “Vanessa? You don’t even know her! She is a creep for writing you that letter!” Gabriella sneered. “The letter was a lot more then you have done for me! I am out of here!” Trevor turned in my direction and started walking away, till our eyes met. “Hey Vanessa, guess you saw all that huh?” not knowing what to say he looked down at the floor “Yeah, some of it, what happened?”  I sighed. Without any further words spoken, Trevor wrapped his arms around my waste and kissed me gently on the forehead. “That doesn’t matter. What matters right now are you and I”



© 2014 Patience


Author's Note

Patience
Please tell me if I should continue writing this story, I really have no idea if I should or not.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very interesting piece, if I do say so myself. You write very well, great description of Trevor's appearance and vibe- he does seem to have that captain of the football team vibe to me. In my opinion though I don't think you should hop right into Vanessa and Trevor's relationship within the first chapter. You should try to let the reader imagine how their relationship could start off rather than jumping right into it. I'm not telling you to rewrite the whole thing since I haven't seen the rest of the story- it's a good start though. I can't wait to read more. 100/100

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Interesting and capturing piece of work my friend, you're one good story teller...Patience!

Great work


Posted 9 Years Ago


Very interesting piece, if I do say so myself. You write very well, great description of Trevor's appearance and vibe- he does seem to have that captain of the football team vibe to me. In my opinion though I don't think you should hop right into Vanessa and Trevor's relationship within the first chapter. You should try to let the reader imagine how their relationship could start off rather than jumping right into it. I'm not telling you to rewrite the whole thing since I haven't seen the rest of the story- it's a good start though. I can't wait to read more. 100/100

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 30, 2014
Last Updated on May 30, 2014


Author

Patience
Patience

About
Dark. Love. Mysterious. Passion. more..

Writing
Wild Wild

A Poem by Patience


Je t'aime Je t'aime

A Book by Patience