A NECESSARY LONELINESS

A NECESSARY LONELINESS

A Poem by R J Askew
"

look at the pic ... spot man's contribution to Poet Nature's natural beauty? On your way foul species!

"

I need to be away from you

Your greed and vanities' hot growth

O how I need to be away

As far away... So far away!

From you and you and you, yes you

As I may go this side of that

To find myself a better way

Away! away! away from you

And all your works and ugly ways

O how I crave to be alone

~

It was the swan upon her nest

Her nest of plastic bags and cups

I took the photograph in tears

For you to see just how we mar

~

 

© 2012 R J Askew


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
Outstanding, sir...outstanding piece of work! The poem, the title, the picture...

Posted 11 Years Ago


When I see this is makes me so emotional. The other day in the bay a Mother was just sitting there watching her son run in the water while kicking a duck.. She wouldn't leave because her nest was near.. When I yelled at the woman she threw her garbage in the water and hoped the animal choked on it.. it made me sick.. I cleaned it up... but wanted to clean her clock lol..

Posted 11 Years Ago


The title of this poem is pure genius, in fact, it could be the title of the collection of your poems.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Well, as you might guess, I thought the poem was about a bothersome, perhaps soul-sucking woman, but the object of disgust(liter) is just as terrible. So many of us think only of ourselves in our single-minded trajectory through life. I doubt that life as we know it will continue much longer.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Unsettling as well as soul destroying, beauty amidst the damage....beautifully voiced, pleased to have read you today love xoxo

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is beautiful

Posted 11 Years Ago


soon the lily white feathers of the swan will be grey with all of our "caring" ways! our current dealing with nature is not one of our better moments.

Posted 11 Years Ago


What a desolate bunch we all are!!! The story of humanity has turned out to be the sadest ever. GREED our highest religion! GREED our only instinct!...

Posted 11 Years Ago


A chilling read, though you penned some of my past emotions spot on!

Posted 11 Years Ago


the pic is horrifying...we are so disgusting. Not even animals can create such filth. At least they learn to bury their waste. We however...just throw it down wherever. I can see that this beautiful bird moved you...your words do the image a great justice. I hope every reader takes a good look at themselves..and asks...are we doing enough?

And if we could see inside the mind of this bird...I'm sure it would be saying AWAY AWAY with all of you! It too...is probably disgusted by humans and our filth.

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

548 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 2, 2012
Last Updated on May 2, 2012

Author

R J Askew
R J Askew

United Kingdom



About
Busy re-writing a new story. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..