Grandma

Grandma

A Story by Renee Denise Sloan
"

My Grandma

"
My grandma was a beautiful woman. She was a woman who spoke her own mind and she didn't let anyone tell her what to do in her life. She was a woman in the church who loved GOD, and loved to sing in the choir. She loved helping people in the church and out side the church. Growing up, I didn't get to spent a lot of time with my grandma, because I was always sick in the hospital with my Cerebral Palsy. But, my grandma always were there in the hospital with my mother, and when my mother worked my grandma took care of me and my sister. I would have to much fun at my grandma's she showed me how to bake homemade bake goods. My grandma worked in the hospital in the food service. Growing up my grandma had trouble eating food, but it didn't stop her from doing what she want to do with her life. My grandma was a special lady, because she would go all over Pittsburgh talking about the Lord. My grandma would take me on these little buss trips and we would have fun. Me and my grandma would go gamble on the hose races just for fun. She loved her grand kids a lot, because she would cook dinner for us. I would go down once a week to dinner, and I would call her and tell her what I want her to cook, and she would make it. Me and my sister started her doing word puzzles and she loved doing puzzle. She loved to read romance books a lot, she would read book then give me the book to read. The past two years my grandma didn't look well, she had stop going to church. Then, her doctor put her into a  care home, because she know longer could take care of herself. As, I went to see my grandma and I couldn't believe my eyes. My grandma couldn't walk anymore. I remember this woman going any where she wanted to go. She was always a out going want, now to see this woman laying in this bed. As, the months went on my grandma got worse, and she died after three months, after being care home. I still to this today wonder what happen to my grandma, because she was walking one day and know she wasn't. I miss her a lot, and I think about her everyday, she was a very big part of my life. My grandma could be a stupid  woman at times about things, but when she spoke her mind people listen. I will miss that a lot!!

© 2017 Renee Denise Sloan


Author's Note

Renee Denise Sloan
My Grandma was special lady

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on September 19, 2017
Last Updated on September 19, 2017
Tags: Journal, Nofiction

Author

Renee Denise Sloan
Renee Denise Sloan

Pittsburgh, PA



About
Hi, Renee. I have Cerebral Palsy on my left side. I wasn't born with it. I had a stroke, when I was thirteen months old. I don't let my disability stop me from doing what I want to do in my life. I lo.. more..

Writing