The journey

The journey

A Poem by outlandish
"

Motion as emotion

"

Sirius is 8.6 light years away yet imbedded in my eyes and I am bathed in the light of the Dog Star chasing its master in infinite spirals.

There is no space between us the light glides in waves above you and ripples in the puddles beneath my feet on a jarring frosted night as I enter my black metal machine.

The highway is sliced open by torrents of lights, speed blurs and time slows the trail of stars fall behind in a cocktail mix of fading red lights.

I grow no closer and no further away trapped in motion without direction somewhere to be called nowhere.

Motion mixed with emotion, decanted is filtered and poured into shattered glass designed to hold the fleeting, no taste is felt on dried lips gulping thirstily for memories, long past prime or passion, my hands wet  grip the wheel in that gleaming black machine desperately going nowhere.

A criminal thought of stolen glances as you once walked by, a violation of my thoughts your curled lip and shielded eye are mixed with the exaltation of speed without purpose or place as streams of jagged light flash past.

To gaze far into the future and see the light from the distant past to realize that lives hurtle past as the light grows near and falls away encased in a metal beating machine beneath that dim lit star.

Sirius shines down on the populous and on empty space; Sirius gazed down on Olympus was there when the gods ignited shone and turned to ash leaving a hint of arcane time in place.

Sirius shone as you walked past in a memory the lip curled the gaze telling nevermore and hinting never been.

The images blurred with the chaos road as I both watched and ignored lives stream by, separated in my lifeless black machine.  My lifeless black machine locked in an image of a curled lip sorrow imagining you walking by.

 

© 2014 outlandish


Author's Note

outlandish
Hi reviewer from reviewee!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"There is no space between us the light glides in waves above you and ripples in the puddles beneath my feet on a jarring frosted night"

Wonderfully written...Bravo....................

Posted 10 Years Ago


outlandish

10 Years Ago

Thank you Sami for your generous reply.
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

My pleaure...:)...................
This was such a beautiful write and I enjoyed it alot. I love your style of writing. I'm starting again after not writing for a while and I hope mine will be as good as yours one day. Any who I loved this alot

Posted 10 Years Ago


outlandish

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the reply. I'm new at writing poetry so I'm just winging it with emotion turned into wor.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 8, 2014
Last Updated on February 8, 2014

Author

outlandish
outlandish

Limassol, Limassol, Cyprus



About
Political pundit and satirist more..

Writing