Seasons vagabonds

Seasons vagabonds

A Poem by outlandish
"

Persephone and the pomegranate.

"

A phalanx of geese like ancient Roman soldiers wings its way north.

The earth has become tired of the bitter sting of a whipping winter lash.

Life is returning renewed as sleeping flowers emerge to entice pollination a new cycle has begun.

Amidst the snow drifts torn strands of green emerges, lilacs hint at their arrival, daffodils and jonquils make promise of scents that delight the warm breezes, sensual in their provocative lust to meet the passing pollinators the hummingbirds and bees.

Silently as if an enchanted word is whispered the birds of spring light gently on old remembered branches in the garden that we bore they are wanderers home once more in a never ending journey from home to home to home.

 Like newlyweds we see our first born emerge year after ever quickening year each year closer to the end.

The walnut, the almond, the cherry and the plum all show tiny flashes of opening buds another imperceptible spurt of growth has begun.

They are set for an age yet to come we will not ever see their last days nor were we meant to be.

Our lives are lived enclosed in our gated walls the garden spills in cascades over to the other side it trails off into brambles and forests, a calm oasis in the eye of nature magnificent and wild.

It is limitless nature barely tamed to delight the senses a home for vagabond birds that nest and travel on.

A lizard basks in the solar waves of the slanted sun recharging itself with the warming glare.

It lashes the air with a split whiplash tongue tasting what lies ahead.

The geese disappear in haze beyond the mountains, further north towards their water land home.

Persephone has once more tasted the pomegranate seeds, free to roam in the mortal world and bathe in another spring.

© 2014 outlandish


Author's Note

outlandish
Hi reviewer singular or plural.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on February 9, 2014
Last Updated on February 9, 2014
Tags: Spring, nature, garden

Author

outlandish
outlandish

Limassol, Limassol, Cyprus



About
Political pundit and satirist more..

Writing