It's not all about you

It's not all about you

A Poem by outlandish
"

When ego insists it is right

"

The ice cold comfort of knowing you are right that leads to fractious recriminations.

Better to say nothing than start a bloody war bight your lip and hold your peace there are real issues coming at you.

An apology even though you are right stings only for awhile but insistence at being all knowing is a sign of a broken ego, beyond repair like the fragile relationships you rip asunder in your zealots obstinacy ego, ego, ego. I me, my.

It’s not all about you it never was it’s about the shallowness of communication, misspoken words, poorly chosen language and the ego that drives you to your choices.

Nobody is perfect like there is no absolute right, shades and nuances matter and in the ill-conceived choice of bitter twist words the battle lines are formed a mist has settled in.

One layer upon another love descends into resentment and for all your self righteousness the ice sheet drifts away your love, your paramour it stands astride and slowly fades away.

You stand alone a continent of contradictions a frozen wilderness, Antarctica in the blackest of winter. Illuminated by an oil lamp burning ego, a speck of comfort in a desolate place of your own stubborn creation when weighed against the loss and the prize is gratification while the loss might have been your last chance at salvation salvation.

© 2014 outlandish


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on February 10, 2014
Last Updated on February 10, 2014

Author

outlandish
outlandish

Limassol, Limassol, Cyprus



About
Political pundit and satirist more..

Writing