Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Roxana
"

I would sit on the tip of a leaf...

"
Not long ago, I used to live inside a big tree that stood beautifully on the edge of a meadow. All the local bugs and other creautures, that you  humans call insects and creepy-crawlers, called the world Bugdow. The Buglow was on the outskirts of a big town. I was happy living there. It was an extremely quiet and cosy place. I would seat on a tip of a leaf with my first pair of hands behind my head and the second pair on my knees and feel the soft wind brushing on my grin and slimy skin and making my antena-shaped whiskers look a mess. I usually ran these relaxation sessions at sunset hours, because, for me, it was a particular pleasure to watch the sun go down, leaving behind all hues of red in the sky, over the distant townscape and over all of Bugdow. Then I would go home, it was as I said, inside a huge tree. It was a beautiful place. Inside the tree there were lines of bell-shaped flowers with a little garden full of pretty flowers. Mine was one of the last houses, it was like all others, just that it was as white as snow. I would go in, sit on my favourite leafy chair and have a cup of camomile tea with ginger-bread biscuits. After that I would always, go to my room, kneel on my bed and open the small window to listen to my favourite cricket tunes until I would fall asleep peacefully whilst the dark summer night, lit all it's twinkling stars over the green meadow. It was a perfect life of a perfect bug, who lived mostly invisible against an emerald-green background of the home tree foliage. But that all started to change. It started slowly and then changed quickly and drastically my cosy life. I started this diary last spring on request of my bug friends and other meadow creatures, because I was the first to notice that something went wrong...


© 2012 Roxana


Author's Note

Roxana
Pls review and tell me if u saw any grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
I loved the prologue! I thought that children were the only ones with imagination but I was wrong. We all have a little bit of it which later turns into a lot of it. I can't find any mistakes and this is the prologue so it doesn't have to be very long. Can't wait till u post the next one. Pls send me a read request, I would be very greatfull.
100/100 Keep up! and Don't give up! Really want to see the rest of the plot and story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Roxana

11 Years Ago

Thank u kat! :)
.

11 Years Ago

no problem! :)
Not sure if you meant 'seat' or 'sit' in the 6th sentence, just thought id point that out :-) really really cute story, i found it also quite funny ! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


Roxana

11 Years Ago

Thanks! :D
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AE
I would read it over aloud to catch some of those spelling and grammatical errors. You are using British English, correct? There were a bit too many commas in some places(I'm nit picking) but over all, I loved it. I liked how the main character's a bug. It's sort of nasty that he's a bug but it's cute too. I wonder what happened to his COZY life. It makes me want to keep reading. Nice Prologue, short and tot.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Roxana

11 Years Ago

Yes I am using British and thanks for the correction! :D
Spacing "onthe" Creatures spelt wrong in the second line. Putting tp instead of to. Remember to paragraph! One big mess isn't nice to read. Please review things carefully before posting them on the site!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Roxana

11 Years Ago

Didn't see those. Thanks! :)
Very interesting! I like to read something that is completely different to anything I have read before! Well done

Posted 11 Years Ago


Roxana

11 Years Ago

Thank u! :D
its refreshing and interesting at the same time its very nice despite the spelling but everything about is pretty good:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Roxana

11 Years Ago

Ok, I start correcting it. :)
onthe-on the, extreamly-extremely, cosy -cozy, beautifull-beautiful
And a typo Bugdow to Buglow
This is interesting though... Just improve it... (:

Posted 11 Years Ago


Roxana

11 Years Ago

Ok, thanks for correcting! :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
Oh! Interesting. Sweet and short. Can't wait for more! :D :D :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


Roxana

11 Years Ago

Thanks a lot! :D :D :D
Very interesting.Good work! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


Roxana

11 Years Ago

Thanks! :D
 Soul Fire

11 Years Ago

You're welcome :D

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

386 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 26, 2012
Last Updated on August 29, 2012
Tags: adventure, diary


Author

Roxana
Roxana

Irkutsk, Russia



About
My name is Roxana I'm from Russia. I like reading historical novels,essays and travels. I live in Andorra with one child. My favourite colour is light blue. I also like making new friends and rea.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Father Father

A Poem by MOON