Beginning

Beginning

A Chapter by Paigestar2004

“They taste better when they’re afraid.” Who are they? I vaguely remembering him asking, but with the blood still running down my chin and tendons caught between two of my back molars, I couldn’t really concentrate. Since the time he found out, he tends to ask me tonnes of questions about it all. He needs to choose his interview timings quite selectively; if he asks me soon after, my mind will fog with a sweet mist and I shan’t be able to give a proper response (well, unless the correct answer he was looking for is the sound of lips smacking, or it could go the other way, if he asks me when I’m hungry and agitated, he would be in close quarters to having his head ripped off in a matter of seconds and the contents his aortic chambers launching across my walls.

It’s an interesting friendship, but it works for us.

 

I’ve always hated school. I mean I was always good at it, and by that I mean I’ve been good at recalling answers so the examiner can give me ten out of ten. But I have genuinely always hated it. I wouldn’t necessarily say I was bullied or hated, I wasn’t a ‘cool’ kid and I certainly wasn’t one of the geeks. I was just normal. I am just normal. University was never better. Still hated every second of it, but they say that in this economy, you need a degree. Personally, I think all you learn in the education system is that there is always someone who is better than you in everything and that it’s true, Earth is a dog eat dog world and there is nothing you can do about it.

                Then there is my best friend. The perfect example of someone who is better than me in everything I have done, or will every do, her name is Alise, not Alice. She hates that, her parents couldn’t have just given her a normal name; they had to be original and spell it differently. So yeah, Alise, when I get an A in a paper, she gets an A*. When I win a tee shirt on a competition, she wins a holiday. Everyone loves her, she has so many people who aspire to be like her and try to become close mates with her, whereas I have a close group of select friends, well, Alise, she is pretty much my only friend. We live together in our own apartment on campus. It’s a nice place, very modern. She’s very neat and tidy, and I’m just not, so there are a few clashes of interest when living together, but I like it. I feel like there is a barrier between us two and the rest of the world, so I don’t have to share her, my best friend. I hate sharing her with other people. I’m very possessive, always have been. I don’t think she is my best friend anymore. And that’s what this story is about. This is the story of how I lost my friend and how she lost me.



© 2013 Paigestar2004


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on April 8, 2013
Last Updated on April 8, 2013