The Start

The Start

A Chapter by Rosabelle
"

Aubrey has found herself in the midst of trouble, but when she meets Daniel, everything slowly changes. But will the change be positive, or negative? [SORRY, bad at descriptions.]

"

Sliding across the floor was Aubrey, her black hair slicked up into a tight bun, her dress torn revealing leather shorts. A gun was held in her hand and the trigger was pulled backwards. She fired straight towards the tall lanky jet black hair guy. He ducked immediately and started firing his own gun in the direction where Aubrey was now running. The guy’s slick and shiny boots thumped as he began leaping in the direction Aubrey was jogging. Aubrey looked back and shrieked and kept running until she reached a ladder which lead to another floor. She leapt straight forward onto the ladder and climbed onto the next floor. The main floor of the warehouse.

            “Freeze,” The male was pointing his gun at Aubrey’s back, his hands clasped over it tightly. Sweat trickled down Aubrey’s forehead as she swallowed and turned around as carefully as she could.

            “Do not move, just drop your gun and I’ll guide you.” His voice echoed in the warehouse, and he shoved Aubrey forward into an aisle stashed with different sized boxes. Her slow footsteps echoed and each step she took felt as if her life was on the verge of ending. She felt the heavy drumbeat of her heart. Muscles in Aubrey’s body ached tensing with each careful stride. His breath was russet, cold against her neck. He was so close to her, it felt uncomfortable. There was awkward silence, but trying to break it was impossible for both of them. Her lips felt glued together, almost as if they were tied. And she felt his hand grab her shoulder and turn to face him. A snarl crossed his face and he threw her down on the floor and he stepped towards her, grabbing her up into his arms and throwing her at the boxes. Aubrey shrieked as a pain shot up her leg.

            “Well, anyways…” The guy held both his, and Aubrey’s gun in-between his fingers. “This is just the beginning.” And he chuckled loud and clear making Aubrey shiver. She tried to carefully stand up, but the pain was excruciating. A screech escaped her lips and she stumbled down onto the cold cement floor.

            “Hold up!” They both heard someone yell behind the guy. “Jason, what are you doing still alive?” The mystery person’s voice was husky, very intoxicating.

            “She’s not my usual victim.” Jason snorted, turning around and firing at thin air. “What the hell.” The other guy fell from the ceiling onto Jason, and tackled him. Pinning him firmly on his back, the mystery person pulled the guns from Jason’s grip, and pressed it against his chest.

            “Jason, you shouldn’t even be living.” He said firmly. “You were supposed to be assassinated long time ago.” And one shot, Jason was lying in a puddle of his own blood. The mystery person stood. He had his blond hair tucked gently behind his ears, and he turned toward where Aubrey stood, leaning against a box with one leg above the ground.

            “Are you alright?” The mystery guy asked, walking towards her. Aubrey shook her head.

            “Well, I’ve had worse. I think I just twisted my knee, that’s all.”

            “It’s not you that twisted it, it was his fault.” He pointed his gun towards where Jason lay. “I’m Daniel, and I know who you are.” Aubrey smiled and crossed her arms. Daniel handed Aubrey’s gun towards her, and she took it, sliding it back into the sheath.

            “Aubrey, he was dangerous. Don’t worry about him; he was one of the lower-ranking assassins.”

            “I never knew assassins got rid of one another.” Aubrey shifted her weight and winced.

            “It’s all about competition.” Daniel smiled. Aubrey stood uncomfortably, and tried to take one step, but pain overtook her entire leg.          

“Let me help you,” Daniel walked towards her and wrapped his arm around her waist to carry her towards the nearest exit. Aubrey’s heart raced as they stepped out into the breezy night. In the shadows sat a sleek black Lamborghini. The engine roared and Daniel helped Aubrey to the passenger seat, pushing open the door and carefully seating her down. The headlights flickered, and Daniel slid into the driver’s seat. His gaze shifted onto mine, his black eyes gazing deeply into Aubrey’s

“Hey, why don’t you just sit and relax, don’t stress out too much about this.” Daniel said, steering them around, and he drove straight onto a narrow road. The fields that surrounded were gloomy, fog sat heavily just above the ground. Aubrey’s eyelids grew heavy, and a deep slumber overtook her conscious. She slid down her seat a little and dreamt about Daniel. She dreamt about his black eyes, and his perfect golden hair. In her dream, she was cupping his face and pressing her lips to his. It was perfect in every way. She was being lifted into his muscular arms, and pulled into a lake with the surface covered with rose petals. Daniel growled into her ear and brushed his lips tenderly over hers.

 

“Hey wake up,” Aubrey felt someone jostle her lightly. Aubrey’s eyes shot open gazing into Daniel’s black eyes. A subtle cocky grin twisted at his lips, and he leapt up from where we knelt.

“Where are we?” Aubrey slid into a seated position and combed through her hair with her fingers. Daniel shifted his weight and took a couple of steps down a moon lit path.

“Oh, this is just a very meaningful place.” Daniel turned on his heel and shook his head. “It’s where I found the love of my life.”

“Where is she?” Aubrey bit her lip uncomfortably, biting her pink lips.

“Aubrey,” Daniel gazed deeply into my blue eyes and looked uncomfortable.



© 2010 Rosabelle


Author's Note

Rosabelle
I'll be adding more to this chapter, just please read and review!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
Added on October 15, 2010
Last Updated on November 10, 2010
Tags: Action, Drama, Romance, Sad, Death, Guns, Fight