what it is

what it is

A Poem by Oh, Andrea
"

i really suck at titles..

"

 

tell me how you dream of me and i'll dream of the way i want you to.

in a way which elevates itself onto a pedastal, gleaming boldly with vivid color, but with the innocence of a photograph in black and white.

a way that it seems as though soft music, carrying the ambience of a thousand summer nights, weaves itself within my hair much like your curious fingertips.

i stand in pleasant ambiguity. the scenery dissapates. all that is left is me, as if i had danced my way from some part of your heart to this image behind your tired eyes.

but then i begin to find myself with these dreams of you, so unlike any dream whose waters i have drowned in so many nights before.

because with you
i have finally caught my breath.

© 2008 Oh, Andrea


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A splendid read and write...Thank you for penning...:).............

Posted 10 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Roy
Beautiful imagery.

I would love to go with the title that Arthur has suggested below. However, I cannot be too sure whether I would actually like introduction of the "You" at the dawn of the poem. Personally I feel that it disrupts the flow a bit. Again, it may be an essential word, given the revised title ... :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


Let me know what you think, Hope you was ok with me adding the word you to the beginning of your poem.
trying to help you out just a little.

_____________________________________________________________________


"Because Of You"

You tell me how you dream of me and it'll dream of the way i want you to.

in a way which elevates itself onto a pedestal, gleaming boldly with vivid color, but with the innocence of a photograph in black and white.

a way that it seems as though soft music, carrying the ambiance of a thousand summer nights, weaves itself within my hair much like your curious fingertips.

i stand in pleasant ambiguity. the scenery dissipates. all that is left is me, as if i had danced my way from some part of your heart to this image behind your tired eyes.

but then i begin to find myself with these dreams of you, so unlike any dream whose waters i have drowned in so many nights before.

because with you
i have finally caught my breath.


you have a good poem going here.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 29, 2008
Last Updated on March 29, 2008

Author

Oh, Andrea
Oh, Andrea

poway, CA



About
i think milk is the choice beverage of the devil. it's terrible. other than that, i can pretty much find the good in everything... but sometimes the bad is what makes me laugh, so i'm quick to point i.. more..

Writing
magician magician

A Story by Oh, Andrea