magician

magician

A Story by Oh, Andrea

 

Hair coolly swept behind an ear, she emerged trembling. The candle took offense to her mockery and went out. She stood in the dark.

            “Afraid?” asked the magician. He sat upright, perfectly poised although she could not see him in the dark. He heard a foot shuffle. It was not a step forward or back, only a tick that is born in the wake of fear. His question reaped no answer.

            He stood, slowly, concealing his frustration. He paused for a moment then walked with great confidence in the dark to the miscellany that lay atop his altar, as if it had been a stage direction committed to memory and he had known when this moment would come. He paid no attention to the shallow breathing that escaped the girl’s lips and went on to run his hands over the book.

© 2008 Oh, Andrea


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Oh, Andrea
this is going to end up being a bigger story, but this is all i have time & space for in my head at the moment. the plot isnt set in stone yet... it will surprise me, too.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hmm, I'm thinking a sacrifice right now? Keep working, get going.

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is a beautifully written passage. It needs to be part of a much bigger story. These few sentences leave me wanting much more.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I'm looking forward to reading more of this!
I love the detail you pay to their actions that speak so many words.
A really good start!
NH

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 29, 2008
Last Updated on March 29, 2008

Author

Oh, Andrea
Oh, Andrea

poway, CA



About
i think milk is the choice beverage of the devil. it's terrible. other than that, i can pretty much find the good in everything... but sometimes the bad is what makes me laugh, so i'm quick to point i.. more..

Writing