The Haunting

The Haunting

A Story by Madness is Insanity

As the frozen winter sun chases the mist and the snow follows the quiet stream, I pad down the forest path to the mansion ruins where It waits in hiding for me...

The mist is freezing, colder than the snow with the clouds pressing in. The mansions walls shiver. 'Just an illusion' I say unconvincingly. Echoes surround me gaining volume 'Its nothing...' I whisper shakily '...just the wind......?' I see It, a ghost-pale figure, coming, always closer...

It advances, chanting loudly, breaking The Silences. I sprint for cover, the forest. The last option but my only choice. With the trees reaching for me, seeking to strangle or incapacitate. I reach the stream, now bubbling ferociously and covering any sounds otherwise detectable. Flitting between the trees, I abandon the path, now to open for comfort.I pause, looking for, observing the signs of passage other than mine. Nothing. Wait, there It is tracking me further back, down the path.I go a bit further out of sight, hiding between some rocks and wait...

...Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out...

Silence......

© 2010 Madness is Insanity


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It really paints a picture, though not that scary it was entertaining. Keep going.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Scary... like the use of emboldening, you should read this out again at our next get-together.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 13, 2010
Last Updated on February 13, 2010

Author

Madness is Insanity
Madness is Insanity

Dead, Bored, New Zealand



About
Cats are awesome. more..

Writing