Tell me what happened before sun come

Tell me what happened before sun come

A Stage Play by Afrocannes
"

A Prologue in Afrikaans

"
And I hear mummy, my chest press against wall and my ear press against door. 
Mummy crying and mummy scream and mummy cry some more. 
I wait and I wait and I wait till mummy stop and all of a sudden he say come make me happy. 
I know mummy no happy, mummy never happy and mummy never reply but this Time mummy reply and she say "what about how me feel" and he hit her, I no see but I hear mummy scream and he say to her "it's how I feel not me feel, idiot"
I know my mummy no idiot. Then he tell her dirty things, I no know what he tell her but I hear the words "f**k" and"foreign"and "w***e". I no know what foreign mean I mean I hear f**k and w***e all time but foreign, this one new. 
I know mummy in pain so I cry and I cry and I cry till I can cry no more. That's when I carry rock, I open door and I throw at him. Blood everywhere. I don't know whose blood but I know blood everywhere. Mummy on the floor too, mummy eyes close, mummy leg red she very red. 
I on the floor hold mummy, I wait and I wait, nothing happen. And then somebody come and hold my mouth from back, somebody tie my eyes and all I see is...
Dark.
All I see dark, I weak. 

I remember time when mummy think i sleep so she come and cry in my hair. All time When she think she alone and      So she cry and cry and cry more. 
All I ever see mummy do was cry. She cry but nobody ever hear. 

Now my mind go dark, I sleep for long  time and when I wake I see sun, I don't remember but I naked and I don't see mummy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"What's your name boy?" woman in TV clothes ask me,
Mummy call me "survivor" all time
Mummy say i'm "Oorlewende".

© 2014 Afrocannes


Author's Note

Afrocannes
The grammar is of the Bantu language spoken in South Africa, Namibia and, to a lesser extent, Botswana and Zimbabwe. It is not to be considered 'incorrect' however to fit the scenery.

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on September 19, 2014
Last Updated on September 19, 2014
Tags: preyeonita, part1

Author

Afrocannes
Afrocannes

Nigeria



About
Its all about the mind. more..

Writing