2am thoughts.

2am thoughts.

A Poem by Afrocannes
"

Last night

"
I  pray for the magic.
The magic that I go to bed every night, that I wake up every morning,
The magic that is God.

I get a little carried away, a little sentimental like I'm in a movie or I'm role playing or something. I don't know what to do or what I'm doing at the moment. 
This sucks

I want to be good, I want to be happy, I want to be an inspiration. 
I want, I want I want.
But that's just what it is, WANTS.

What about what I need, why is it always I I I. 
I know I can't get anywhere with I's 

I am selfish and reserved and selfish, i don't care who i hurt. i don't care who cries at night because of me but under all of the bs and whatnots there's this like a blanket or I don't know that wants to be good to the world, if i could that is.
I stay up at night thinking and thinking and thinking of how I could be better but when the sun comes all those sleepless night are still just thoughts, 
Only wishes 
And even when I try and I go the extra mile I have no control, no what-do-I-call-it? I find myself doing what I said I won't do, Breaking promises I knew I would never have kept from day one. 
But I try, 
I know that isn't good enough but only if the world would understand. 

I need people in the world that understand me when I'm on my own, when its 2:14 in the morning and d****t I can't sleep, I need more people like me, NO!  Scratch that, I need people that understand me people that can interpret my thoughts, people that would make me feel better about myself when I want to.

Two days ago my mother asked me who my friends were...I looked up at her and I couldn't answer, not because I don't have people I talk to when I want to belong. No! But because I am somewhat reserved. I never put myself in a compromising situation where I NEED somebody, I try to figure it out myself. And I thank God that day, that dark day when I'm in need has not come. 
Because right now, in this moment I am an Island.

With with all this anger, and confusion and fear and faith running inside of me, I lay on my mattress by2:22am looking out my window as the lightning strikes waiting for the lazy thunder to finally sound and my silver lining behind the cloud.

Where there is a will there is a way.

© 2014 Afrocannes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
Added on September 19, 2014
Last Updated on September 19, 2014
Tags: preyeonita

Author

Afrocannes
Afrocannes

Nigeria



About
Its all about the mind. more..

Writing