and now

and now

A Poem by paul

and now
that I have somebody to listen
I have nothing left to say

too many years
alone
in the hole

that now sunshine
hurts

and a look from you
melts me

like the sea melts the shore

your fake love
has grounded my 
rocket ship

has me starting
over and over
at step one

when there are
so many left to go

© 2010 paul


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. spinning in circles and back to square one somehow? ... i like step one ... it keeps me going ... on the rare occasion that i made it to step 2 ... i've deliberately tripped myself ... so that i land on step one ... do you know why? ... i'd like to taxi on step one for a bit ... and then just fly to the last step ... may i borrow your rocket? ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

good! you write feelings in a very real manner.

Posted 13 Years Ago


and there it is, bro, another day...perhaps another mistake...but who's countin?

Posted 13 Years Ago


snakes and ladders - at 99 - you get bitten so bad - you're back at 1 - damn that 1!!!! home at 1, maybe - make it a 100 - oh what the hell!!! make it a 1,000,000 - who cares - 1's home - and we like it here!!!! home's where the broken heart is truly, really, totally broken. and it's still ok. where that sliver of sunshine stealing into the darkness is banished at will - only to let the sunshine in - whenever we want it - not whenever it wants in!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


The first 6-8 lines took my heart away..so poignant and so full of subtle angst.

Posted 13 Years Ago


ah the dramamine of life cannot enbalm the feelings that swell from the circumstance of love.

(whatever that even means)
no, but seriously, I kind of like the skinnyness of the poem, you are telling the true thing, the double take sort of: now that "i have somebody to listen i have nothing left to say"

that line frees you to be able to say the rest of the poem. i like the sunshine being used as a metaphore, and the way you use it as segway into the way the sea melts the shore,

then the "rocket ship" is cast in there, that is good i nthink because it is so opposite, and then brings the reader to another metaphore, that of "starting over".

So, the poem has that connected ness which makes it work and keeps the poem interesting. Thanks, raining.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. spinning in circles and back to square one somehow? ... i like step one ... it keeps me going ... on the rare occasion that i made it to step 2 ... i've deliberately tripped myself ... so that i land on step one ... do you know why? ... i'd like to taxi on step one for a bit ... and then just fly to the last step ... may i borrow your rocket? ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

you have tied this together very well , the last stanzas are perfect

Posted 13 Years Ago


I wonder about fake love. I never met that animal. I suppose it would be enough to ground a flying vessel.

But I know, that silence born of contentment can be golden

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 12, 2010
Last Updated on August 12, 2010

Author

paul
paul

Writing
Christmas Christmas

A Poem by paul


CPW CPW

A Poem by paul


still still

A Poem by paul



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


wind ? rhymes 5 wind ? rhymes 5

A Poem by paul


wind rhymes 3 wind rhymes 3

A Poem by paul