Volunteering for Demonitization

Volunteering for Demonitization

A Story by Darshan

It’s time to contribute for the country. Your little efforts will reduce chaos of demonetization & support strengthening Indian Economy. The forerunners of illegal trades are doing their best to disturb & misguide people and sadly most of the media thrives on highlighting statements of such corrupt politicians. This is happening because ordinary men like you & me are sitting quite at home, only because the demonitization doesn't affect our class.

Well sitting at home, staying quite & talking about demonitization isn't helping the country. This is what you & I can do this week-end.

1. While visiting the bank, fill up two extra forms for people who can’t read / write.
2. Request other educated / reasonable men around you to follow suit.
3. Spread the knowledge regarding demonetization to the uneducated. Stop the panic in lower classes of society.
4. The lower & middle class people will not be affected through demonetization. Any hard earned money cannot & will not be seized by government in the process of demonetization.
5. Explain to people that their personal savings upto 2.5L can be safely deposited in Bank Accounts without any losses. Especially housewives can open their own accounts & deposit amount before 31 December. That is how women in India will be empowered. Similarly excess amounts, may always be deposited to individual family member’s account. If one wishes to deposit higher amounts (say 5L) to their a/c, there is absolutely no need to worry. In case if it is an income, they can avoid tax penalty by filing the income tax return next year. In case if income cannot be justified, then too, the penalty is small (rs 75000) compared to the original amount. Such education only will reduce the fear & chaos around.
6. Explain that people going to bank do not need an account to exchange cash upto 4000rs. However, they would need to bring copy of a valid ID proof (Driving Licence, Aadhar card, anything).
7. Inform people that banks are extending their working hours/days to facilitate the currency replacement.
8. Spread the word. Use SM less (fb, twitter, WhatsApp) and word-of-mouth more to educate people around you. Tell these all to people who can't read English (or even local language).

I pledge to do my bit. Do you?

--
Darshan Pandit

© 2016 Darshan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

312 Views
Added on November 11, 2016
Last Updated on November 11, 2016
Tags: Volunteering for Demonitization

Author

Darshan
Darshan

Surat, Hindu, India



About
Hey...I am Darshan M. Pandit. I'm the kind of a guy who likes to explore knowledge! (I've burnt my fingers many times in doing so...but still I love it) I may not understand the language of money.... more..

Writing