1

1

A by Piece Of My Life
"

memoir of what I experienced 10 years ago.

"

The second phone call should have been enough to warn me. He screamed into the phone, F**K YOU!!!

Silence. From both of us. Then I hung up. I walked over to the couch and sat down. I thought about this guy I had just met, a few days ago. It was obvious he had some issues. Some kind of freakish anger that obviously came out accidentally. You don't say that kind of thing to a stranger.

We had met earlier that week at the state fair. We exchanged numbers and talked about going out that weekend. The night we met, when we both got home we immediately got on the phone and talked for hours. The phone bill was horrible. So now, it was thursday night. We had known each other for two days. We talked a little, then the outburst. I think it had to do with something about me saying I can't do last minute plans, I have a kid, you have to let me know ahead of time so I can make arrangements. That's what did it. He screamed it into the phone.

So I sat there on the couch and thought about it. Well, that's a red flag if I ever did see one. But what on earth...why the anger... what on earth did he have going on in his head?

And so it began. I started to fall in love. From that moment on.

I had already turned my ringer off. After hanging up on him. But now I looked at the phone and knew it was ringing. I picked it up and said "hello" without even hearing a ring. He was there. He was apologizing profusely. I told him it was ok, I understood. The truth is, I didn't, but I wanted to. I was fascinated.

We got together the next night.

 

© 2008 Piece Of My Life


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good opening chapter. I like the internal thoughts and the phone calls. The mind can make us go forward even when we know it is a bad ideal. Thank you for sharing the excellent opening chapter.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 4, 2008
Last Updated on July 4, 2008

Author

Piece Of My Life
Piece Of My Life

TX



About
(true) memoir of what I experienced 10 years ago, boring maybe but feels great to tell it- swore I never would. I'm 38 and on a mission to say everything I shouldn't. Wrote this out for the first time.. more..

Writing