16

16

A by Piece Of My Life
"

memoir of what I experienced 10 years ago

"

Come to find out, his ex just had a baby and was putting it up for adoption. The father was the guy she had an affair with. The baby had my guy's last name due to the fact that they were still married. When my guy found out about all this, and that the baby was still in the hospital, he wanted to go see it. He even thought about adopting it. Just a wild idea.

So he & I go up and try to see the baby. We walked in to the nursery area, where you could see the babies through the glass. A nurse asked if we needed anything, he said his ex just had a baby, and could he please see it? I already could see where this was going. I could sense the nurse's reaction to him, his words, his appearance, everything. Don't get me wrong, he's a good looking guy, but not exactly clean-cut. He and his friends laid carpet for a living, so all their clothes were dirty and torn all the time, and that's what he looked like just then.

I had mixed feelings. I was torn between total humiliation, and then indignation and wanting to defend him. I saw her as she looked him up and down. She then told us to "wait here". Next thing you know, a security guard comes out and we are politely told that we need to leave, that we cannot see the baby.


That wasn't the first time I had seen him treated that way. I know that they were doing the right thing, of course. When I was with him, it was always a humilitation of some form. And it was usually caused by him. Always making a scene, always saying things out loud that you shouldn't, always picking fights in public, always grabbing my butt in public. Also I was informed one time at a bar that I was to "kiss him whenever he asked, no matter what." He'd do it when he saw other guys looking. My mom said he was a classic picture of arrested development, whatever that means. Actually I know, but I am not going to admit that she might have been right.

© 2008 Piece Of My Life


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like her desire to adopt. I didn't like how the nurse looked at him. People can be cold and heartless. I tell people. Be careful. Never know who you are talking to. I like the internal thoughts. Sometime life can piss you off. Thank you for the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 4, 2008

Author

Piece Of My Life
Piece Of My Life

TX



About
(true) memoir of what I experienced 10 years ago, boring maybe but feels great to tell it- swore I never would. I'm 38 and on a mission to say everything I shouldn't. Wrote this out for the first time.. more..

Writing