24

24

A by Piece Of My Life
"

memoir of what I experienced 10 years ago

"

Fall came around, school started again. Back to the driving. More fights on this subject, more pressure to put my daughter in school out there, where we lived. I was against it. This is where it all gets worse. Everything escalated, and my ex & I started fighting as well. I was at a loss as to what to do. Marriage was being discussed, but is this what I wanted? Did he want it? Did I want to be with a guy who hid rolls of money in the lining of the drapes, from me? As if I had any designs on his cash. But that's another story, the whole money thing.

I even considered letting my daughter go live with her dad for a while, but he couldn't do it. He had his own kind of trouble going on. We were all a mess, every last one of us. I knew it was time to get back to reality, I considered moving back home, but I was torn. What if it could work with this guy, long term? What if we just needed more time together and better living arrangements? On some level, we were a good couple. We did have our things in common, and when we got along, things were great. I can't lie and say it was all bad. Nor can I claim to be an oppressed victim, because I gave him some hell right back.

Everything escalated, the fights, and the fact that it was so expensive to do all that driving back and forth was not a pleasant topic, since he was giving me gas money. I finally did it. In October of '98, I pulled my daughter out of her school and enrolled her out where we were living.

© 2008 Piece Of My Life


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hard decisions we must make. That was a long car ride. Sometime we must choose the less painful of the two. Thank you for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 4, 2008

Author

Piece Of My Life
Piece Of My Life

TX



About
(true) memoir of what I experienced 10 years ago, boring maybe but feels great to tell it- swore I never would. I'm 38 and on a mission to say everything I shouldn't. Wrote this out for the first time.. more..

Writing