chapter 1

chapter 1

A Chapter by [Dark]

Chapter 1

I was in the living room with my best friend; Rachel. She sat right next to me with her smooth, black her leaning on her right shoulder. It went all the way to the seat and her hazel nut eyes gleamed. Her eyes stood out just the same as how her golden-laced necklace did. It wasn’t very long, but her necklace was rough and thick. On the necklace stood a bold star; which was known to be the Star of David. Her frilly, navy blue dress that was wrapped around her slim body, reached her ankles but while she sat, it seemed to only reach just a little above her knees. We both stared blankly at the TV. Uncomfortable. Unlike the windows upstairs, these windows weren’t covered. No one ever thought to do anything about it, nor with the lack of food here. I stood up from the leather chairs and went to the squandered kitchen. I got some milk and started pouring some in a tall, clear, glass cup. Milk brings strong bones my father always said. I thought aimlessly for a few moments, forgetting all about the milk, as it drowned onto the kitchen counter and onto my yellow knee lengthened dress.

 

“Oh no! I just got this back from the dry cleaners! Can I borrow some of yours?” I asked sheepishly.

But then her mother walked through the doors, and I muted instantly. I walked back with my milk glass, not bothering to clean my mess, and sat back down. “Sure Ariel, the only thing is that my mom hasn’t finished lacing the stars onto all my gowns. Rachael whispered.

“Will you mind going home without it?”

 “I don't think it matters, what’s up with that anyway?” I asked alarmed. I swung my dark brown hair to my side.

“I don't know, but I think it’d be safe then sorry to go home with what your wearing…. i wouldn’t want you to get caught in with the crowd….”

“I guess”

I peered at the clock and realized the time.

“I have to go! Time flew bye so quick I didn’t even notice.”

“Bye!” I ran out the door.

                        *  *  *                    

Time went bye slowly as I walked home. The streets didn’t feel the same, neither were the emotions written on the people that walked past me. There were pale skinned soldiers everywhere and each time I saw them, I shuttered. Each time I smelled their viscous scent, there were Goosebumps on my arms, and shivers creeping on my spine; my mouth went dry every time I saw them. I also noticed how their bloody red eyes were jumping from person to person, and I knew that this wouldn’t turn out so good.

Bye the time I got home, the sun was almost all the way down. My parents weren’t home at this hour, even though I knew that they had to be at work…. I always wish that they were able to be here when I get home but it wasn’t something they were able to do.

I went to my room and picked out my new pajama that my mom bought me just a week ago. It was dark blue and had teddy bears all over it. I changed my apparel and frolicked to the deserted den. Papers were everywhere, and the lights were tainted. There were pictures of me grandparents and great grandparents and as far back as there ever was, surrounding the rectangular shaped room. I opened the TV and the darkened room lit up with a blinding light, and then several seconds later, I saw a news reporter. It sounded like the old women was talking about the soldiers, or something about what was happening nowadays. I raised the volume and stared at the TV. The news reporter was telling the viewers that all Jewish people had to wear the stars on their clothing, and if not their would be series consequences. But that didn’t ease my worries. It seemed like by wearing the stars, and without wearing them, whichever decision you made, you were still going to suffer.

After the report was over, I glared at the old analog clock, which must have been broken. It said that the time was midnight, which was hard to believe cause my parents should have been home bye then. I weakly got up and walked to the window, but it was too dark, and the only thing I could see was the soldiers’. They seemed like they never slept; as if they were inhuman.

I went to my bed and fell asleep, but the nightmares hadn’t vanished. I saw an evil red devil, like the ones from TV. But this one felt different, more…. repulsive and deadly. Like its heart was ripped out and he was sentenced to eternity in hell. Which unfortunately, felt like here.



© 2009 [Dark]


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

not too bad really ... interesting ... easy to follow along with ... I like the fact that you don't really know the time period in which the story is taking place until near the end of this first chapter ... not bad ... there was a few spelling mistakes (about three or so) ... and besides that maybe a word here or there ... but not too bad really ... I liked the whole flow of it ... also, one thing I might change is the color in which the dialogue is colored in ... the light blue you have seems to be too light for the purpose of this chapter ... plus a more darker color would be easier for the readers to see and enjoy ... it would be easier on the eyes ... also, if you wish me to go futher into the details of what I would change just send me an email ... then I'll write you back fully detailing everything ... you know the exact words that are mispelled and whatnot ... but overall ... very very nice :) :) :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

not too bad really ... interesting ... easy to follow along with ... I like the fact that you don't really know the time period in which the story is taking place until near the end of this first chapter ... not bad ... there was a few spelling mistakes (about three or so) ... and besides that maybe a word here or there ... but not too bad really ... I liked the whole flow of it ... also, one thing I might change is the color in which the dialogue is colored in ... the light blue you have seems to be too light for the purpose of this chapter ... plus a more darker color would be easier for the readers to see and enjoy ... it would be easier on the eyes ... also, if you wish me to go futher into the details of what I would change just send me an email ... then I'll write you back fully detailing everything ... you know the exact words that are mispelled and whatnot ... but overall ... very very nice :) :) :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 7, 2009


Author

[Dark]
[Dark]

not specified



About
Hey, if anyone's wondering, my real name is Shelly, and i live in the United States. More specifics? New York City, and for those that don't know what state that is... NY lol. Anyway, i live in a ve.. more..

Writing
Home Home

A Poem by [Dark]