CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

A Chapter by penangel
"

A LITTLE INTRODUCTION TO THE FEMALE PROTAGONIST LIFE

"
Published 1799 Words

CHAPTER ONE

Hey guys, this is the first chapter of chemistry, tell me what you think about it. Thanks.

Chapter one:



Pearl's POV

"What the hell is this?! Is this what you call food from where you came from?!" Greg shouted, his voice illuminating the whole room, the plate at hand. He was planning to drop it on the ground.

It's been two days since we've got married, well you can say an arranged marriage between me and him. It was also our first time being together under the same roof, his Mom was with us the previous day advising me about how to become a good wife. Nigerian mothers and their teachings. My mother almost killed me with the same advise before leaving home.

I met Greg only once before our marriage began, he wasn't cool in any way. There was that time he told me he will never see me as his wife straight to my face. I know and I have accepted the fact.

This whole marriage thing was planned out by our parents, it's crazy though, getting married to a complete stranger. I've read numerous stories on Wattpad about arranged marriage, but it happening to me is something i've never imagined. It has also brought a lot of questions into my mind. Will this story written unpredicatably end in a happy way? Will Greg, a stranger, learn to love me? Or will I fall in love with him? Or will I end up back at home?

I couldn't oppose to this marriage proposal, since it was something my father wanted. Since, i'm the typical good Yoruba girl who will do anything or probably ev'rything that her parents want from her. All I could do was sign the whole sh*t of paper. You will never understand in what situation I am in. Unless, you were once in my shoes.

I could still remember my father's words which sounded like a proverb to me. "If it doesn't get better, don't complain, just endure, then quit." I still don't understand those words connected into one sentence, but, I hope I could get to understand it in the upcoming future.

"Are you deaf? Or what?!" He exclaimed. Plastering an angry mask over his face. "Oh! Or you're just really dumb. Really dumb that you lost your tongue over the nights you lived on." He continued.

"I'm sorry." That was the only words that could come out of my mouth. I still couldn't look him face to face. Is this me being stupid or a foolish weak fetus?

He intentionally dropped the plate on the floor which made a loud crashing sounds against the blue tiled floor. He send me a disgusted and irritated glare before he finally stormed out of the mansion.

As what I could've recalled, my father told me that he was a fine young man. A cool, gentle and respectful young man. Father, you were deceived by his cover up.

I am going to endure this cause it is going to be for a while. At least there was an agreement. We signed and agreed to this whole thing.

I went into the kitchen to pick the broom and clean up the mess that Greg did. My food was perfectly fine in my perspective, but I never know why Greg called it  a trash.

After cleaning up the mess, I made my way back in my room. I got into the comfort room to have a quick bath before heading out to work.

Being an architect isn't an easy task, I have to do the architectural presentations almost everyday. Since, I work in an international company; a well-known one.

After the last presentation of the day, I decided to see my friend, Priscilla before heading back  home. Me and Priscilla graduated from the same university and we've been friends since first year. And fortunately, we work in the same company. Her office is in the fifth floor and mine was on the second floor of the building.

"What are you doing here?" She hissed loudly, having that expression that she suddenly saw a ghost passby.

"What kind of question is that? Don't you want me to be in your office? What's the big deal anyway?" My voice was high pitched or am I whining? My trail of irritation stopped when I realized something. That question actually gave me a thunder-stricken feeling. I remembered that she was one of my bridesmaid, and that we agreed that we shouldn't get into any fights between us.

"No, no sorry! It's not like that, I don't want you here. What I meant was  what are you doing here in the office? You aren't supposed to come to work today. You just got married last Saturday and you are at work on Monday. What happen to the honeymoon? moon honey or whatever? I mean who does that?!" Her two hands were up in the air while she said those things. I knew my babe is worried about me, but can I actually keep lying to her? She thinks this marriage thing was real. She thought it was this typical boy loves girl, girl loves boy, and they got married, and they lived happily ever after and stuff, but, I actually lied to you, Priscilla.

"Well well well! I thought the company won't breath without me. So, I took a day off from the trip to see how work is done around here, and since everything is in perfect shape. I can take the next flight back to Iraq for the rest of the trip" Immediately I said and that, we both started laughing.

"Ok, so jokes apart, sit first. You've been standing this whole time." She said.

"Thanks," I pulled the chair under the desk and sat upon it.

"Now explain to me, what's going on." I knew she won't give up without me giving her a proper explanation. Maybe including the truth.

"We were about to go for the honeymoon yesterday when my husband got an emergency call from the hospital telling him that the guy he did surgery on was having multiple seizures, so we decided to call it quit and have the honey moon here in Nigeria. And moreover, how many Nigerians go for their honeymoon outside the country?" That was actually a lie I had cooked up since I made the decision to go to work today. She isn't the first victim to fall for that lie though, she is actually the fifth and I believed more are on the way.

"Hunhun. That's pathetic though, I know is hard for you OK but I know you'll just be fine." She assured with warm smile drawn on her pretty face.

Though, she isnt really beautiful, she has a heart that is even more beautiful than physicality. She's now engaged to her sweetheart of three years and everytime I see them together, I always wish to have something that beautiful  too. Throughout my university years, I have never dated any guy. I had this mentality that I should immediately finish school, get a job, and I will also get a fine young guy who will get to love me like no other, get married and live happily ever after. But it seems destiny had the whole opposite packed in stock for me.

"From Pearl to earth! What were you thinking about?" I suddenly snapped back to reality.

"Sorry, what were you saying"

"I said it's twenty minutes past four o'clock already. Let's get going so I can drop you or did you bring your car?"

"Nope. I didn't bring any car. I'll surely appreciate that, thanks babe."

It was almost seven when we got to the front of the house, the traffic was heavy and on getting to the estate, tons of questions were asked, since it's the first time seeing her car just for security reasons. After dropping me off, I stand there watching her car disappearing into the darkness. I knocked twice at the gate before it was opened.

I saw Greg's car and three other cars packed in front of the mansion. Maybe he has visitors.

Immediately I entered into the house, I was met with a thunder striking noise.

"Where were you?!" He asked with an angry look on his face.

"I went to see a friend." I mumbled loudly enough for him to hear.

"Male or female?" He mimicked my mumbling voice.

"Female." I replied.

"Greg, just leave the girl alone, it's too late to make the virgin cry." I was oblivious of the fact that we had visitors at the house until one of the three guys said that.

"This one can never be a virgin.
She is a total w***e, going off to her boyfriend's house two days after her wedding is not something a virgin will do." Greg said with a wicked smile on his face.

"I-I am not lying! I went to see my friend not a man." I've reached my breaking point, I am about to burst right now.

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! " He commanded like I was a servant.

"I am sorry, it won't happen again,it was the traffic and it was heavy." I explained with streaming drops of tears. He look at me, his face suddenly softened.

"I hate tears, I seriously hate it. It only shows how weak you are, so clean your face now and make your grand exit OUT OF MY HOUSE!" His words were accompanied by a deafening thunder which signifies the coming of a heavy rain.

With a feeling of embarrassment, I made my way out of the house, but not out of the gate. I sat on a chair I saw behind the garage, bringing my knee up to my face and hugging it tightly. With tears streaming down my face, I thought of the last word my father said before I left home, "if it doesn't get better, don't complain, just endure, then quit".





Honestly speaking, this is the first time I'll write a chapter and feel this way,it was a mixture of happy and sad feelings,i felt like the reader and not the writer ,i was eager to find out what will happen next. When writing this my phone felt much heavier than before. I have this feeling that I don't know how to explain. I hope you also enjoyed the chapter.

What do you think of Pearl's character, I didn't plan on making my female protagonist a weak person. I'm just trying to show her nice and gentle side. I don't know of other way to show it.

Don't forget to vote and comment, ill love to hear from you. Please check out my story blood and stone. Thank you.

Love
From you know who
Your babe
Penangel

EDITED: 12/30/16



© 2017 penangel


Author's Note

penangel
What do you think of the dialogue,where should i make ammendment is the story worth giving enough time and completion

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

what do you think about this chapter. i will publish the next chapter only after this one has been reviewed

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
1 Review
Added on January 5, 2017
Last Updated on January 5, 2017
Tags: FEAR, ARRANGED MARRIAGE, HATRED


Author

penangel
penangel

akure, Christianity, Nigeria



About
A writer in the world of writers trying to get known and feeding her passion for writing more..

Writing
CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY

A Book by penangel