Thank you

Thank you

A Story by Elsie

I have been wondering how many people in today world actually know what the soldiers have done for us. What they have given up in order to make sure that we were able to keep the freedom we have today. How much they gave up in order to keep us living free. I feel like a lot of people take this for granted. 
I may not be a soldier myself, but a simply US citizen yet that should not mean much.  Since I refuse to let the world make me see what these man and women are doing is wrong. I will say that yes some of the wars we have gotten to could have been avoid, but I don't look down upon them. 
These men and women have given up so much for us, more then we can every know to be honest. Yet we take that for granted. I know that I do the same thing, honestly I am ashamed that I do that. They deserve so much more then use taking their hard work for granted. If it was not for the men and women who join the armed focus and fought these wars for us then we would not be where we are. 
I can't even imagine how hard it had to be for these men and women to leave their families behind in order to make sure that everyone was able to sleep in their beds and know they are free. I feel like the soldiers who fought for us and are fighting for us should be thanked. They left their families and possible not knowing if they would even come back alive again to see their families. It takes a very special person to be able to do that and know they are doing it for a good cause. 
Even when they do finally come home who says they don't have a medical issue like for example PTSD from the wars. US citizen don't really understand what our US soldiers have been through. How much they have seen in the time they fought. Even when they come home from the war who says they are able to go back to the life they had before they went off to war. 
I can say that most of the time these men and women are never the same after war. For they have seen things that no human should ever have to see. They are never able to get those sights wiped off their minds. The only thing the soldiers can really do is move on with their lives and hope for the best. 
So the next time you see a soldier I would like you to do something for me. Let them know how thankful you are for all they did for you. Most of thank them for keep you safe and going to keep our freedom. 
When you see the Four of July come around don't think "Yay I get to see the fireworks again." No that shouldn't be the only thing. Think about those who died for you and how those soldier who died in order to give us our freedom left home and never came back. How they had families waiting for them to come home to them. Each holiday that is for us to remember our soldiers along with the fallen soldiers take that day to remember them. To let other know what they did for you and them 
Yet we should not only do that on holidays. We should always take some time out of our day to always remember what they did for us. That we would not be here if it was not for what they have done for us. 
THANK YOU
FOR EVERYTHING YOU 
HAVE DONE FOR 
ME

I AM GRATEFUL THAT 
YOU MEN AND WOMEN WHO ARE THE SOLDIERS
WHERE WILL TO PUT YOUR LIFE ON THE 
LINE TO MAKE SURE 
US CITIZEN 
KEEP OUR 
FREEDOM!

© 2014 Elsie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
Added on July 31, 2014
Last Updated on July 31, 2014
Tags: Thank you, Soldiers, Fallen Soldiers

Author

Elsie
Elsie

Marblehead, MA



About
I love to write and I write anything and everything. I love to sing even though I am not good at it. I love to walk around everyone that I can. I love to read everything I can usually get my hands on... more..

Writing
Hold on Hold on

A Poem by Elsie


Brother Brother

A Chapter by Elsie


Power of Life Power of Life

A Story by Elsie