My Hearts Note...

My Hearts Note...

A Story by Okechukwu Prosper
"

You know who you are...

"




Eulogy's are best for the dead, tell the world how you feel about them. The term may sound inappropriate but I have to let you know that the only thing I regret is that I cannot buy more time with you. I remember when we first met that Wednesday evening, sitting behind the pastors desk was you what arrogance I thought as I walked into the semi full chapel. The striking image of your gold embroiled black scarf caught my attention as your radiant smile paralysed my spine. I was immediately encapsulated and found myself sitting beside you. "Hey, how was your day" you said as I stared blankly at you weighing your voice with my mother's.

It is great to know that I enjoyed every moment with you - the fights, the good times, the crazy and the bizarre. There were no awkward moments. I can say my heart found peace for the first time in many years, this peace you have taken with you!

What diction could I use to qualify a lady of your caliber? A rare exquisite slice of feminine beauty
The journey through retrospection igniting these emotions... I never told you but you should know that I feel for you the way I feel for myself. Like an epiphany my spirit is lifted, my head bowed as I reminisce on your gentle caress, the peck on my forehead oh such innocence! Your tender skin so spotless crushing under the weight of your warm embrace as your lips touch mine.

Its a year and I feel I have known you all my life. Three years earlier would have made us four but God knows why I met you in your last year.
Yinka times might change, feelings may fade, rivers will flow and trees will grow but our '"not-a-thing" thing will never die.

Thank you for being in my life.

© 2016 Okechukwu Prosper


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is great. Nice job!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Okechukwu Prosper

7 Years Ago

Thanks a lot Amanda really appreciate.
AmandaFuller

7 Years Ago

No problem

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
1 Review
Added on July 6, 2016
Last Updated on July 6, 2016